1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PaleoSue's weight loss journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaleoSue, Mar 22, 2012.

1. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Didn't sleep great last night because of the interruption from work, but what can you do?

Breakfast was a grass-fed hamburger wrapped in bacon, and lunch/dinner was the same. Yum.

I also ate a peeled apple and 2 squares of 86% dark chocolate. Yummy.

2. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Yikes, I stayed awake way too long tonight, and I'm going to be suffering today. Being awoken in the middle of the night for work has really challenged me the last couple of days -- I don't know how parents do it on a regular basis.

Breakfast was a leftover grass-fed burger wrapped in bacon, and lunch will be the same.

My weight is falling at a rate of about 0.6 pound per day, so that's awesome.

The weather this weekend was pretty cold, and I didn't go kayaking like I had hoped.

Tonight I need to run some errands, so no opportunity to go hiking in the near future, either. Perhaps on Thursday.

I am thinking my leptin is reset or nearly reset, so I will be wanting to incorporate weight lifting in the next couple of weeks, and I can't wait!

3. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Wow, last night ended up being really stressful. I am giving a big presentation Wednesday, and went to five stores looking for a business suit. NONE of the first four had a single suit in my size. It was a sobering reality of how far I have to go yet. At the fifth store, they were too big. But seeing all the size 8 and size 10 suits that looked so nice was like teasing me. "You're too fat to have a flattering business suit." Bah.

I need to have a good cry for emotional healing, but didn't get to it last night.

Also when I got home, I was so hungry. I ate half of a giant bone-in split chicken breast with 1.5 slices bacon. Now it's the next morning, and I'm not particularly hungry. Don't think the BAB is going down well this a.m.

In good news, I've joined the CT "big leagues." I needed to buy ice for the first time from the convenience store. (I've been just using what I can make in the freezer.)

And still no signs that I'm going to get the cold every family member of mine had, just the general feeling that I "might" be getting sick. Sweet.

5. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Didn't check in for a while - yikes!

I followed the diet without problem over Easter weekend, but I will say I fought some vicious cravings for candy. BUT I didn't give in.

I'm a bit sad today because I gained 3.5 pounds overnight even though I didn't cheat. I know it's not "real" weight, but I'm going to have to take a break from the scale for a few days so I don't freak out. Also, my Achilles are still bothering me sometimes but not all the time.

Been having super awesome dreams nearly every night. They are so vivid. Last night's dream might even turn into a book.

One other change I've noticed: My ankle used to always crack. All the time when I walked, or just when I moved it around in a circle. My ankle doesn't do that any more and will only crack once in a great while. No idea what that actually means, but I'll claim it as another victory.

6. janagram

janagram New Member

you are inspiring...! I'd love to get to the vivid dreams! And I'm sure I will, but I'm not CTing yet.....(too chicken)