1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PaleoCowgirl Battles Hashis, Adrenal Fatigue, PCOS Binge Eating With CT/Keto-Paleo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaleoCowgirl, Jun 18, 2012.

1. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

7-23-12 labs

HCG A1C 5.1 (4.5-5.7%)

Thyroid Perox 0.6 (0.0-9.0 IU/ml)

Doc's notes: no hashimotos, not pre-diabetic, metformin is not an option for me at this time.

2. No Hashimotos is great news!

Right?

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

didn't Dr K say to check for Hashi's over a period of up to 2 years if there's any level of antibodies? not sure if .6 would be an indication of antibodies.... know nothing about this.... but I remember that it can wax and wane

Looks like you gotta fix that ED, Cowgirl. I know you can do it!

4. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Yeah, I have no idea if that's indicative of hashis or not -- that's why I posted to see if I could garner some insights from all of you! I will definitely stay on AI protocol just in case. What really concerns me is the A1C levels of 5.1. It seems kind of high after eating only keto.

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

For some people A1c goes up after going very low carb for a while. Mine is at 5.4 and I do consider myself pre/diabetic. It appears though that with continued following of Kruse's program, my fasting BG has finally come down (last was 76! very proud of myself!!) this will eventually go away. It's called physiological insulin resistance.

6. any idea what your fasting blood glucose is, Mandy?

7. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

When I test on my dad's glucose reader after fasting, I'm between 85-95. I am going to do a two-hour glucose test to see how insulin resistant I am. We will see what those results look like. I still have the saliva test for adrenals and fh and lsh, but I've been eating so poorly lately, I don't really think it's worth measuring right now. I'm going to wait until I've been working at optimal for awhile, with no mess-ups before I measure those.

8. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

This is very good to know. I think I should just consider myself pre-diabetic and avoid spiking my insulin whenever possible.

9. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Holy smokes! Talk about hormone imbalance. When my thyroid was not functioning, I would get so angry and upset at the little things. I would throw a temper tantrum and cry. I would get so mad I could hardly see straight. Thankfully, I haven't had that in a really, really long time...until today. We were outside working with cattle, and my sister let a calf back that she wasn't supposed to. I immediately got so mad I was seeing stars, and I started bawling and had to leave. Of course, I realize it's ridiculous behavior, but jeeze, where did that come from? I think this happens when I don't have enough fat in my diet. Better increase it. That and fish. Blech, wish I liked it as much as I like my beef, pork and lamb.

As I sip some ice tea and try to relax (and get my work done today), I thought I would write today's goals:

1. Laugh. Seriously. I need to lighten up. I hardly smile or joke around or enjoy myself anymore. I have put in an old video -- Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Maybe that will make me chuckle. Anybody have any secrets to laughing? Any good movies that just crack you up?

2. Do yoga. I want to be flexible, strong and lean again. I don't want to be pudgy. I want to be at a healthy weight, but I also want muscles. I've got Jillian Michael's yoga DVD, and I'm determined to do it.

If I can accomplish laughter, relaxation, increased fat and yoga today, I'm going to call it a win.

10. Full moon is wacking me out too! I'm all over the place. Hang in. Like ur list :)

11. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

You think it's the full moon? Haha! Honestly, I think what's whacking me out is restricting my eating this week. I'm about 2 inches away from zipping my dress up all the way for this dumb wedding. I should just go get the bridesmaid dress altered, but I'm really looking forward to just eating and not worrying about it and let my weight fall where it may. This wedding is causing too much stress, which is really dumb.

On a plus note, my yoga session was sooo relaxing! And, the redneck jokes made me laugh. ANDDDDD......it's RAINING! This drought is killing our crops and pastures! HURRAY for rain!

12. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I'm 5 days binge free! :)

I'm on day 3 of yoga, and it feels great to stretch, meditate and relax. I'm going to keep doing it several times each week.

I stocked up on some fertility supps: maca, red clover, red raspberry leave...I plan to take those supps with a B complex, vitex, DHA and probiotics. I've increased by prog. and estriol creams, too.

I'm adding a lot more fish to my diet. I just bought scallops, shrimp, salmon and a treat...lobster tail!

My bridesmaid dress ZIPS up for tomorrow. Yippee! Here's hoping I don't crash and burn tonight at the rehearsal supper or anytime tomorrow. Going to get back on track once I'm home from this event. Wish me luck!

13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Yeh on the dress zipping, WooHoo!!!! I hope you put a huge smile on your face today and really show em all how beautiful you are. Have a great time!;)

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I second to that! Enjoy being YOU!

15. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I second to that! Enjoy being YOU!

16. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Robb Wolf talked about this...apparently when you are keto/paleo, your blood cells do not die off as quickly like they do when you eat a lot of carbs and sugar...so the A1C actually goes up as those blood cells are not dying off...so you have to look at other things like fasting blood glucose etc to know where you are at....

17. txritchies@att.net

txritchies@att.net New Member

Mandi, just checking on you...