1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PaleoCowgirl Battles Hashis, Adrenal Fatigue, PCOS Binge Eating With CT/Keto-Paleo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaleoCowgirl, Jun 18, 2012.

1. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I wonder if it's my ED that caues me to be so emotionally insane or what it is. When I'm on a binge, even my family notices that I'm on a sugar high...lots of energy, lots of bubbling personality...then the crash comes. And, I'm in a deep depression, nothing matters, I don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I'm in that funk right now; my husband asked me today when I'm going to get my zeal for life again.

Then, when I'm firmly in ketosis, I have no emotions at all. Not happy, not sad, just there. Is that the way to live? Yet, as soon as I add carbs into my diet, I get cravings and want more, more, more. I'm to the point where I don't even trust a little vegetable like cucumbers. How lame.

What is the solution to this? I'm reading the Mood Cure right now, but I'm not keen on trying to fix my problems with tons of supplements. I've been supplementing like crazy the last year, and it seems like there has got to be a more natural solution...I know epi-paleo, but that still leaves me emotionally flat. Anyone else experience this?

2. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Too bad I feel like I will never get pregnant. It's pretty depressing thinking something is wrong with me, and I CAN'T do it. Bummed.

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'd say that's where the problem starts.... you gotta change your thinking girl.

How about great now I know all the things I *can* do to get my body to the point where it is ready to have a baby. And look at all the people out there to help me get to my goal. I can now see myself having a wonderful pregnancy in a few years and giving birth to a wonderful, healthy child.

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'd say the flat affect points to an NT issue. Especially if it gets relieved with carbs.

5. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Sorry for my ignorance, NT?

6. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

So true. Positive thinking can yield positive results. Some days I feel like a sinking ship. Other days I feel like I want to do everything all at once to get optimal and get impatient when it doesn't immediately work. I just need to live a healthy life and be grateful of small victories along the way. Eventually, I will get there. I've got to!

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

neurotransmitter:)

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

talk about it, think about it, draw about it, write about, fantasize about it..... the more detail the better

9. I totally know exactly what you are talking about with the emotionally flat thing. I guess after years of crazy yo yo emotions, I sort of welcomed it. I finally feel sane, large and in charge! It's been a great thing for business too - I can brush off stuff and not get personally involved. . .for me that flatline is a positive.

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

It might sound stupid but try this. Every morning, in front of a mirror, say loudly to yourself while looking into your eyes and smiling: "I will have a healthy baby soon."

11. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

http://newsletter.vitalchoice.com/e_article001632269.cfm?x=b11,0,w

12. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I told my husband this, and he said he would go to the bait shop and pick me up some. LOL. This is good information though. Thank you for sharing.

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'm thinking busy writing affirmations, looking in the mirror and telling herself she is beautiful, making collages of her future life full of kids, and dreaming the perfect boyfriend..... oops, that was us :D Cowgirl already got that one going for herself :)

14. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Haha! I do enjoy reading about your boy adventures! I live vicariously through you single ladies. I know a lot of cowboys if you're interested in the ranch life....unlimited access to beef, lots of grassy pastures, no neighbors, Wrangler jeans... ;

Affirmations: This is exactly what I've been working on. Trying to find what's beautiful...what I like about myself, the great things about my body, the fact that I'm getting stronger...

I do a little photography on the side, and I took maternity pictures this morning of a couple. It's exciting for them, but there is still this fear in the back of my mind that it's not in the cards for me. Let's hope I'm wrong. I WILL have a healthy baby someday. I WILL get my period again. I WILL maintain a healthy weight that allows my body to be at optimal. REPEAT. REPEAT.

15. Well. Has your doc said you can't get prego? Shijin didn't get her period and got pregnant, twice I believe. My good friend spent 4 years trying to get pregnant. She finally did Bd then got pregnant with her second right away and now is terrified she'll accidentally get pregnant again. I said ain't that life for you. You're so young! I'm sure you will be able to get preggers. Don't worry about it. You need a way to unwind and destress. Not food related. Life is good.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I write affirmations for my family on the mirrors.......that way there is no excuse for them not beginning their day well.

17. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

wow! I used to do that since my teens..... with erasable markers :) Now I mostly use stickies.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is a life emergency when it is really just a reminder to to act.

19. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Anybody see the movie Baby Mama? She has stickie notes all over her mirror: "Be Fertile" "This is the month!" "Think positive" Granted, none of those things worked until she jsut started enjoying life, got a boyfriend and accidentally got pregnant, after all those months of IVF. Guess it's a good reminder to think positive AND slow down and smell the roses once in awhile.