1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PaleoCowgirl Battles Hashis, Adrenal Fatigue, PCOS Binge Eating With CT/Keto-Paleo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaleoCowgirl, Jun 18, 2012.

1. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Yeah, I realized they didn't test my antibodies, which is what I really wanted to know. Otherwise, how do I know if I have hashis or not?

2. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

4 Days binge free. This week is going great. I think I've got a handle on things...seafood (which tastes more like medicine than food to me) is really changing my thinking about the fuel I put in my mouth.

3. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I'm thinking more about my doctor's appt. yesterday and wanted to also mention that I told her about my consult with Dr. K and how he suspected HA, not PCOS. She said she was going to read up on both the HA and Dr. K...I think this will be really good, if she can check out his stuff and see where I'm coming from.

On another note, she said I'm at a much better weight now to get my period back and conceive. This is positive reinforcement that I'm on the right track, even though I'm super bummed at the way I put the weight on. My fertility friend chart predicts my period will come on Monday...I'm not holding my breath, but here's hoping.

Also, I've been lifting 5 lb. dumbbells whenever I walk by them (I leave them on the dining room table, so I see them often) Anyway, I'm trying to regain some of the muscle I lost, and my husband saw me doing it, and he sat down with me and showed me all kinds of lifts from his high school days. It's fun to be eating with him and now "working out" together. It's nice to have a teammate.

4. Destiny

Destiny New Member

This is two steps forward progress for sure!!

5. janagram

janagram New Member

great tip about putting weights out on coffee table...that would be a good one for me. I'd be using 1 lb ones...don';t laugh! I am really weak....have had shoulder issues, but better and can probably lift those things. Need some muscle, badly! You go!:cool:

6. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Yeah, she is talking positive now. I'm proud of you. Keep on a goin'!:cool:

7. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Not laughing at all. We all have to start somewhere. I'm having good success with doing a rep of 10 when I walk by the weights. It's not too stressful, they are always there for a reminder, and so far I haven't been sore the next day, so I don't think I'm overdoing it.

8. Awesome!! :) I'm sure you'll get to appreciate seafood with time.

9. PCG, I started to panic when day 28 came and went without TOM. I started the red clover again and ate raw scallops and boom there TOM was. Try it!! Scallop ceviche- scallops, lime juice, white wine and some sea salt.

10. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Mmmm, sounds awesome! And, congrats! That's amazing! You're just a regular gal now! Yay for a normal cycle!

11. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Period was supposed to come today according to my charts...it's a no show...Bummed.

12. Raw scallops! Stat! And not to be too nosey but ur not on bcp, right? I'm assuming ur using some back up. I mean could u be preggers?

13. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Not nosey at all! I've been off birth control pills since February. I know I probably should use backup, but I would be thrilled to get pregnant (yes, I have things to work on, but it could take decades to get to optimal...I'm not waiting that long). I'm definitely not pregnant. I take a pregnancy test every once in awhile to be sure.

14. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I went and did a DermaSteam treatment again today. I must be seriously detoxing things because my skin just smells today. Gross. I know the skin is the biggest organ, and I can definitely tell I'm detoxing some of the nasty frankenfoods I've eaten lately. I'm so glad I'm on the straight and narrow now. Even though I feel like I'm back to square one, eating keto-paleo with lots of seafood and lots of nourishing fats feels right.

15. There is never a perfect time, and if nature lets you get knocked up - go with it! I know it's not PC to say you make changes for other people - but nothing inspired me to change things more than my child. Yes, it would have been nice "to do it for me" but who cares! What's wrong with doing for others?

Anywhoo - eat epi paleo and let nature decide!

16. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Every time I want to make a bad eating decision, I now ask myself if my future baby will be better or worse because of that choice. For some reason, thinking about that child and not just me makes the choice a lot easier to make. I would always choose optimal for baby...not sure what it means that I'm willing to be less than optimal when it's just me.

17. Uh oh, I am sorry to have to break this bad news to you. It means you are human.

18. janagram

janagram New Member

maternal instinct! It causes us to sacrifice for the child...and do it cuz we want to!

19. I like it! Think and act like you already are preggers and you will be! Think and act like you aave PMS and wait, that's not a good example

20. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Bahaha...no that wouldn't be good.