1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PaleoCowgirl Battles Hashis, Adrenal Fatigue, PCOS Binge Eating With CT/Keto-Paleo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaleoCowgirl, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Where did you find one of those (stevia plant)? I want one! Of course, I kill cilantro...

2. Well my cilantro has already died, but stevia is doing well. I got it at the local flower/plant place. . it was with the herbs and medicinal plants.

3. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

How cool! I saw them for sale at Wal-mart earlier this summer but wasn't sure how to use it. So do you have to crush the leaves to get the sweetness out or how does it work?

4. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Thanks, Lyndra! I really appreciate the kind words!

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

It's about the only way I like stevia.... with lemon and water and ice!

6. janagram

janagram New Member

having one right now...with half bubbly water! (all bubbly isnt quite the deal)

Have a great day, Cowgirl! I love your husband!

7. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Yumm, that sounds good! My husband is pretty great, I'll admit. And, he's loving Paleo so far...I've made him t-bones and burgers with eggs and bacon stacked on top, bacon-wrapped green beans and grilled peaches and apples for dessert. He still eats dairy -- milk and butter -- but it's definitely a step in the right direction for both of us. I even pre-made bacon for him because he gets up earlier than I do, and he just re-heats it with a couple of eggs for breakfast, a great improvement over his cereal or oatmeal.

8. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Three days binge free. Eating squeaky clean! No sugar cravings. More seafood. Excellent. Just excellent. Hoping to keep the momentum.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

tonights blog post is huge for anyone with an ED..........may tell you why recidivism happens.......its call low brain specific nutrients. Now you may understand why Inger's cocktail really works. It's not BS.......it is what cures a brain

10. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Wow! Basically everything I've been supplementing from estriol to selenium, I can get with a large dose of seafood. Amazing. Bring on the seafood challenge; I'm all over it!

11. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Books I've started reading: "The Mood Cure" and "Naturally Knocked Up."

12. Let me know how it is...day 31 and no TOM :(

and glad to hear you're eating seafood!

MHS anyone?

13. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I went to the doc today, and she wants to test me for diabetes. She also ordered a pelvic ultrasound to be done to confirm IF I actually have PCOS or not. If I do, she wants to put me on metformin for fertility and controlling my insulin levels. Anybody have experience with this?

Here are my latest labs. Hackers, can you take a look?

FEIBC Panel

Iron 53 (37-170 mcg/dL)

TIBC 401 (250-460 mcg/dL)

FE Sat% 13 LOW (15-40%)

TSH 0.00 LOW (0.49-4.67 uIU/mL)

FT4 0.60 LOW (0.7-1.85 ng/dL)

FT3 3.2 (2.4-4.2 pg/mL)

RT3 63 Low (90-350pg/mL)

Ratio .05079 (Doc says needs to be .2 or greater)

I was expecting my rt4 to be sky-high because I was taking 300 mcg of t3 with no ill effects, and dr. k indicated it was probably all going to rt3. Not sure what this all means.

Help?

14. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

what is your RT3?

15. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I forgot to post it but added it. It's 63.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

tells me you have an HPA axis issue........your TSH and rT3 are driven by the exogenous sources.

17. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

how can TSH be 0? Is that what happens when the thyroid "uncouples" as it happens i.e. in EDs? I've been looking at some older labs of myself....

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

TSH can be zero when it is driven into the ground by excessive T3. This also implies the rT3 level is artifactual too.......

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Got it. My TSH levels have been steadily declining as I'm moving along in recovery. I'm getting curious now and want to get a full panel w/ antibodies. Might hold off until this epi-paleo experiment is in full swing :) But omg did I have a surge of energy once I started sunning and eating raw seafood! I still don't know what to do with it all.

20. Sounds like this doc is taking you on right direction. Keep me posted I'm really interested, we have so many parallels. One of the reasons I quit sugar is my desire to avoid diabetes. I have seen the signs of IR and I gain in the belly and my grams is diabetic so it's on my radar of things to avoid! I can't wait to hear how u get optimal! I know you're on ur way!