1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pacing Question

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by villjamur_stevenson, Mar 27, 2012.

1. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

How do you know you are ready to add on another 5-10 minutes to the cold immersion bath?

I want to keep advancing, but I also don't want to push it too far.

2. vwaggs

vwaggs New Member

I just forced it. Mind over matter in my case. I play podcasts to keep my mind busy so I don't keep complaining in my head LOL. Makes the time fly by now! How long are you going now? How cold?

3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Are you both gradually cold adapting, or did you just take plunge?

4. villjamur_stevenson

I'm not sure if this is gradual or not. But I did the face dunking, then the icepack to 60 minutes. Then started with 10 minute 50F baths.

Now I am up to 35 minutes at 50 F. But I'm just not sure when to push it to 40 minutes and beyond.

5. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Just let your body tell you. If you are shivering really bad after the 35 minute bath, then stick to the 35 minutes and allow your body to adapt. The shivering won't go away, but it should subside as you adapt. If I eat right before the bath, then I find that I shiver the least or very little. Make sure you are supplementing or eating bitter melon.

6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

How long to face dunk before doing CT in a bath?

I assume I can do ice packs on specific body parts at any time during the adaptation?

Do I really need to measure temp of water and my skin?

7. villjamur_stevenson

Initially, I shivered the first immersion bath I did.

But since then, nada.

I don't shiver at all. But after 35 minutes, I am darn cold!!! And it takes a long time to warm up - couple of hours.