1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oysters vs scallops

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Tanya, May 1, 2014.

1. Stella

Stella New Member

^^^^ where do I sign up although I do recall my hearing was impaired by the wine

2. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I have been swallowing oysters without chewing for a few weeks now, and also I've been increasing the frequency that I eat them in the last week or so. I've noticed that my feet are much smoother, looking better than they have in ... decades? Can not chewing make that much difference? Maybe next month when I get new labs I will be a bit happier with my BUN ratio?

I've also noticed my lower legs don't seem to get a white haze of dry skin on them lately. I had been blaming my thyroid for that. On second thought, I have changed something other than the oyster ingestion. I've also cut way back on the Lugols. I may just put away the bottle for now.

I tried buying oysters in the shell at a couple asian markets nearby, but it seems they are out of season. Recently I've started buying oysters to go from my restaurant, like Dawn is doing. They seem to keep in the fridge for 2-3 days easily. I absolutely love oysters for breakfast, while sitting outside barefoot and gazing at the sunrise.

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

So Sally .....all these oysters you are having ...you are doing awesome!

gotta pick up my game!

All this iodine stuff ......??????? It just has to come in it's natural package I guess ..... end of story!

How many times have we heard this.....

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Indeed, Audrey. Guess Jack is right. Again.
    I really need to ditch other supplements, but I want to wait until I'm out of EMF Hell. Should be moving in about a month.

Hey, I tried your shrimp shells today at lunch. Had some at the restaurant and they had the tails and that last segment of shell still on. I ate part of that last segment for each shrimp. Not as bad as I suspected, but nowhere as good as whole oysters. A good backup plan, and eating some shrimp shell has to be somewhat good. Oh! Time to go get my quart of oysters...

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

The shrimp shells have been great for bowels etc. ..... really feels like stuff is working - bout time!

It is so much neater too!!! ....if you eat head to tail - nothing to clean up and the garbage doesn't smell!

fitness@home likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I know, I know, I know ...... JK is always right ...the trick for us is to understand that - sooner rather than later!

8. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Had oysters for lunch today (packed my lunch) and I found it much easier for me to cut them into smaller pieces for swallowing.

Imagine, I am at the park eating lunch with my trusty bottle of Frank's hot sauce, freshly ground horseradish, a slice of lemon and a shot glass. I put an oyster piece in the shot glass, put my toppings on it and then shoot it down ;)

Those Moms and nannies were probably thinking "lush"...

Sue-UK and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Oh - so is that what a shooter is???

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well, she's from Texas. You never know...

fitness@home likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

you always crack me up! .... I missed that one in a big way..... gotta do so much better on so many fronts.....

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Actually, I have been eating raw salmon for a little while also. And recently I've been swallowing pieces of skin whole, scales and all. Scales should count for something, though it isn't a shellfish.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Kinda dusting and cleaning????

14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Since my er..... Mishap with the whitebait :confused: I've not managed oysters or raw seafood. Had to stick to cooked white fish and salmon fillets and cooked prawns. Last day or so I've fancied raw salmon so am having that later. Also going to try just a couple of oysters, but I'm going to rinse the glaze off, chop them up small and then try fitness's trick with the shot glass and knock them back , with a topping but frozen .....oyster CT :D. Whitebait will be out of season for a while.....:confused:

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

what a great idea Sue! oyster C/T!!! whatever works as long as we keep trying and moving forward.....

16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

It was a struggle .....:confused: And I started thinking of excuses to skip it ...... :oops: But I so need to crack this, so I've gone back to chopping them up small (but leaving them frozen), add some raw cream and lots of cinnamon....didn't warm the cream this time, just grabbed a spoon and went for it ..... Breakfast sorted and not dreading them later ... :)

17. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

...top oysters with some goat curd and wrap in smoked salmon

18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

All the nutrition is in the organs and when you eat an oyster you are eating the whole animal (except the shell, of course)