1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oysters vs scallops

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Tanya, May 1, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh Gold

I would expect nothing less than this reply from you...:)...we are from New York so these are just gentle words of encouragement.....

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Josh .... I just think you need more good wine - lots more .... and then everything is revealed to you - we all saw it up close and personal..... it was so obvious.

I don't really know if the cigar factored in tho .... we may have to do it again .....

Josh likes this.
  3. Josh

Josh Gold

Are you a closet Gurdjieff disciple or was that the last life?????

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't know what that means ....I will have to get back to you after I spend some time with Mr Google!

You know so much about everything ...and I know so little......

5. Josh

Josh Gold

Just a librarian.....

6. I read a lot.

7. Read more. :D

Josh likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

alright already .... but only if you start a journal .... and tell us everything.....

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Randy - are you remembering that you have a physics brain ..... and I don't!

pretty big difference ....

10. A/C, there are tons of books out there that at least attempt to bring the science to the non-scientist. I think Jack does a great job. He starts out slow, takes you deep, then brings it all back home. And he does it in a variety of ways and from multiple directions. You just have to skip or skim over the deep parts. I haven't done any physics equations in ages. I am much more interested in the concepts, and it doesn't get much easier than this. I like the quote attributed to Albert Einstien, Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler. My own quote, and not original, is, "it isn't Rocket Surgery." Simple doesn't mean easy. Simple just means it's basic stuff, the application of which may not be at all very easy. If the learning were to be easy, what is the value? In fact, another good book I am reading is "Make it Stick: the Science of Successful Learning". The authors talk extensively about how we actually learn. A/C, the fact that you find some of the material or concepts difficult means that you may, in the end, gain the most value from all of this!! Don't ever count yourself out or believe that you can't "get it." Just enjoy the journey. I am.

Not a lecture, just a pep talk. :)

Randy

Josh likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Funny thing Randy .....Dr. K. has been giving me the same pep talk for quite awhile! I just don't like to skim and skip .
    It is pretty amazing - you and Jack are saying the exact same things!

Jeremy is my idol ..... he can say to Jack " I don't know what the hell you are talking about - but this is what I think"

12. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

That one's changed, Audrey.

Last time you mentioned this you said he had told you that you didn't have to speak Chinese to enjoy Chinese food. That's a different thing.

I have to agree with you that you wouldn't have to speak Chinese to eat Chinese food. I'm tempted to say that all you'd need would be teeth. But, since at any rate much Chinese food can be eaten by people who've lost theirs maybe "a mouth" would do.

But who ever thought any different? And what's the relevance of this? Why the harping on language in relation to Chinese food?

And wouldn't it be useful to be able to speak Chinese if you were, say, in China trying to order food and no-one there spoke English? You can certainly get screw-ups in Chinese restaurants caused by linguistic confusion. I've seen them. I saw one that led to quite a nasty scene in London when I was visiting the British Museum last month. Suppose that there you are in Beijing trying to order food and you're coeliac and can't ask the waiter which dishes are free from wheat? Or suppose you had a life-threatening allergy to peanuts and could not ask if those were in a dish? Next thing you'd be in anaphylactic shock.

But I can't spend much time here. PM me if you like.

13. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Ok guys so I have been ramping up my raw oysters the past few days. I can tell my body really likes them. I feel really good after eating them, the only thing is I almost feel as though my brain is not working completely clearly during the day, meaning that I am honestly having trouble thinking of certain words when I am talking to someone. Sounds weird but its the only way I can describe it. Maybe these suckers are plugged full of heavy metals? Like I said, I do feel good and am getting benefit from them. Can anyone offer any thoughts? These are oysters local to the BC coast.

14. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Get on the selenium??

15. Stella

Stella New Member

I have been hitting the oysters lately and I seem to be experiencing both feeling really good and better mental clarity. I been eating oysters from Massachusetts and Connecticut exclusively. So far only beneficial effects from eating oysters. Mostly raw that is.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Stella- I could ask you to elaborate .... but the forum would probably be in melt down! :p

17. Stella

Stella New Member

Only following Drs orders, just like the oxy bid!!

18. Stella

Stella New Member

Remember when the brain gets sufficient amounts of electrons then the excess flows to other parts of the body. Let's say other parts are smiling!!!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I know how conscientious you are ..... everything by the book ......

everyone should have as much fun as you!

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I really miss you ..... we have more webinars to get thru ......and I am assuming that you have lots more good wine???

wine, oysters, us and webinars = match made in heaven ......