1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oysters vs scallops

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Tanya, May 1, 2014.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Wow that last recipe is certainly avantgarde. KUDOS.

2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Yes indeed….a can see a cooking class for all of us in your future….

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

4. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

A few of drops of tabasco on a raw oyster is the bomb to me!! :)

fitness@home likes this.
  5. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I'm fortunate enough to have a local place about a mile from my house that has happy-hour on fresh gulf oysters 3-6PM Mon-Fri. Only 75cents/oyster, either raw or chargrilled in garlic butter. I usually eat quite a few of both kinds and take full advantage of that deal. The waitress is always a bit surprised when I just keep ordering more plates of oysters and never get anything else. Well, occasionally I get some steamed royal red gulf shrimp too but they are way overpriced. And their wine is pretty cheap too, half-price bottles on Wednesdays. But everything else on the menu is overpriced crap and a waste of time. You just gotta know what you're looking for. ;)

caroline and Clayton like this.
  6. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Shucking oysters also gets a lot easier once you have done it a couple hundred times or so. Well worth it. Need a good oyster knife and a towel. And practice. That's really it.

7. nicld

nicld Gold

No, just sautéed them in a little butter, garlic and parmesan. Trying to have a can every morning now.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

gotta love a guy with good hands! :p:p:p

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

You guys all rock!!!

10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Well had a bad night, have overdone the raw ....:eek: more the whitebait than the oysters. Gonna have to give it a break for a couple of days and then go back to it gently ... It's been an interesting experiment, it's made me think differently .... Or to be more accurate its reminded me of how I used to be able to think .....I don't want to lose that again....In fact I want more, much more .... :)

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think that is what we should all aspire too ........to want more - much more ......
    to be constantly curious and optimistic ...and never give up....

12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've been reading Physics in Mind using oyster power ......not finished it yet but I already want a quantum computing brain ..... :D

caroline, NeilBB and Lahelada like this.
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

Amazing Sue :)

you know, i think... my mind started to open up for real when I went raw.... isn't that weird. Everything got way more intense colors too? At least that is how it felt to me...
    I still have such a long way to go - i started out so damaged (just imagine I had strong cravings for cod liver oil as a kid - we got one spoonful each morning but I would have wanted to drink the whole bottle... I think it might show how deficient I was in DHA growing up very poor on mainly carbs :oops:). But, I have to remind myself it is not where you are on the road that matters, what matters is, you are on it :) stepping forward step by step and never ever giving up, always curious

14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

There is something about it being raw that takes it to another level, maybe it's about the less it is cooked the less electrons are lost. Eat whilst sat on the 3 legged stool :D

caroline likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think too .... at least for me .....I just swallow - not much chewing going on! and no washing up!

16. I read Physics in Mind last year when it first came out. Then I reread it again about a month ago. Even better, because of the context of reading it in light of Dr. K's Blogs and these forums. Mind blowing stuff. I especially liked the discussion around Maxwell's Demons. 3-D protein folding, like lock and key. Mother Nature is one clever Mother.

Josh likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

you are such a show off Randy ....

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I know that Dr. K. keeps telling me I don't have to speak Chinese to eat Chinese food ..... but you guys keep leaving me in the dust .... and I hate it! ....just saying.....

19. Josh

Josh Gold

You are living what we are trying to figure out...a more direct existential approach...I am jealous of you and Inger and Peter....I do not have the courage you all have.....

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Josh, no guts, no glory. Some may not have been born with guts, but we don't have to die without developing them. Curiosity usually bring guts out of hiding at times, maybe even get them moving. But curiosity usually evaporates for most people. For me.......curiosity is my minds fertilizer. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. You have to find out what that reason is for you. Remember no question is silly if you can not provide an answer for it.

Stella, caroline and Josh like this.