1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oysters and Liverwurst - How often?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Mark Osinski, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

Using a hypothetical if needed... an average office worker who stares at a computer screen 8 hours a day and then watches tv for 3 more hours at night and has a smartphone. How often should this person eat oysters and liverwurst in terms of adding DHA/Vitamin A back into the mix? I understand my hypothetical person should quit his job and move to Ecuador but, it's a serious question. Are we talking every day, once a week, bi-weekly, half a dozen oysters, a dozen per sitting?

Thanks!

Mark

2. Inger

Inger Silver

TV 3 hours a day??? Why?

That is not gonna work....LOL

If that person needs to be on the computer all day, he/she MUST throw out the TV - anything else would be.... a slow suicide. If you ask me. No fake lights after coming home from work, and before leaving work. Smart phone use needs to be as limited as it gets.

I guess there is no limit to oysters! But I would be careful with liver. You can get vit A poisoned. And that vit A is not going to work right in a blue lit environment, is my understanding.

Why is this question? Is this you? ;)

There is no way you are going to balance out a destructive environment by eating oysters and liverwurst... if that is what you think. Oysters can and will help a little, you really should eat them, but too much liverwurst can even be dangerous.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Speaking of oysters.
    They come in variety of sizes.
    It would likely be more informative to describe them in ounces or grams.
    I buy at Costco cans of oysters meat, they come in 16oz.
    They are Giga Oysters.
    ===========================
    Speaking of vit A poisoning and similar questions on indicidual micronutrients.
    My answer would be to do
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis (once or twice a year).

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Tabs made of Argentinian beef liver (de-fated).
    Watch out Hgb while eating them. Aim at 16(men).

upload_2018-12-21_10-38-50.png

5. kris90

kris90 New Member

Questions like this cannot be answered clearcut. It is an N=1. We do not know the age of this individual, what their current health is, haplotype, SNPs, SAPs or heteroplasmy is.

Too many variables. Step 1 is to get the environment as optimized as possible. I agree with @Inger being stuck in an office 8 hours a day to make a living is one thing, but to continue blue light exposure at home is beyond me. The environment needs to be optimized first and foremost and environmental stress mitigated. THEN you can start working on upping the seafood accordingly to offset the BLH and nnEMF exposure.

recoen and drezy like this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

I could easily try this experiment and report my n=1 methylation issues if/when they return. I think I'll pass though since I worked 10-12 hours a day(didn't have a TV), ate paleo and then keto, and still started crashing the cart from 30-38 yo.

I don't think I could get away with it using any amount of oysters.

Dropping the TV is numero uno todo. Could any work from home days be arranged where work is done outdoors in the sun?

recoen, Brent Patrick and caroline like this.
  7. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

Thanks for all the replies. So don't bother eating oysters at all to mitigate the affect of blue light if you are a typical office worker? I just wanted a better idea of how often.. daily, weekly, etc...?

8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

This what people mean. Oysters are good always but have little therapeutic effect in a bad environment. The order of teh healers is how they should be approached.Sunlight is first, meaning sunrises are essential and the TV must go!
    @JanSz dessicated liver means it has no water! The water of a grassfed liver cooked from fresh should be metabolic water. Argentine beef is not automatically grassfed. Feedlot has also taken hold here. Also How is the 25%fat in the liver preserved when desiccating it? Is there hydrogenation involved? Whey protein ,the next ingredient mst certainly is hydrogenated...
    Supplements in general are a very dicey option. This has : Desiccated bovine liver, whey (milk), diclacium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose stearic acid, magnesium stearate, lecithin (soy). Made in a GMP facility that uses milk, soy, egg and peanuts.

10. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

11. Run360

Run360 New Member

You can't "eat" your way out of a blue light situation. Fix your blue light issue first. And get OUTSIDE often throughout the day. Period!!

12. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Mark, I don't think not eating oysters (or other DHA-rich shellfish or fatty fish) is the answer while you do something else ... first or second or third. I aim for at least once a day, and for the moment I'm still following my pre-JK liver schedule of pastured liver once a week or pastured liverwurst twice a week. (All of which is subject to change as I learn more.)

I'm an office worker and my tv or computer is on a lot at home, primarily to catch podcasts. You can't just print everything for reading later because it is not all text. So I'm mitigating blue light in as many ways as I can, such as monitor screen protectors, blue light glasses, candles in the evening, ISIS, clothing that covers my neck and elsewhere, etc. And doing that while I work on other ways to pursue natural light and say goodbye to as much nnEMF as I can. Making changes to how you eat is one of the easiest and quickest fixes. Don't wait!

Mark Osinski likes this.
  13. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

There's no way to tell how much you exactly need. It's your personal experiment to find out what you need.

This forum can guide you to do this experiment. But before you think about food, think about how you're gonna get sunlight on your skin and eyes, how you get outside temps on your skin and how you're gonna physically touch the earth. After that you can start eating (shell)fish.

14. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

But that is saying it's ok to consume no DHA whatsoever until you eventually figure out a bunch of other stuff. That can't be right. Granted, how much DHA he'll need is up in the air and may change over time as he gets better at the other pieces.

Mark Osinski likes this.
  15. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

I am having some trouble believing that a person exposed to blue light as a typical office worker who then watches a movie at home and regularly consumes oysters is no better off than somebody who eats no oysters but, perhaps it is so. I will continue to review.

16. drezy

drezy Gold

Anecdotally

I've built up a pretty good setup for my wife.

Her lips have been peeling on and off for over 5 years.

When we go to the beach they don't peel.

When I nudge her into working in the sun and NOT logging in at night 1 or 2 days a week, they don't peel.

The last 2 years she eats fish for lunch and 9-12 oysters for dinner EVERY single day. It doesn't really change the trend. Perhaps it alters the severity but not the trend.

recoen and Mayuri like this.
  17. I think you should consume as much seafood as you can as soon and often as you can, while constantly striving to improve your environment. Big things happen a little at a time. I have been eating 3 or 4 dozen fresh oysters plus a bunch of shrimp and crab per week. Im sure many here eat tons more.

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Blue light leads to leptin resistance at liver level by ruining the Bazan effect and DHA cannot be replaced in the cell. Where does the long loop in the Bazán effect end up? In the liver.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/kids-alright-anymore-jack-kruse
    Ho

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think the avatar says it all Inger don't you?

I'm not surprised at all.

Inger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.