1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

oysters a key source of 1H.

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Jack Kruse, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Thank yooooooou. I put mine in a glass bowl and empty a tray of ice cubes on top and put to the back of the refrigerator. So two weeks tops. Coooool beans. So you both are saying eating them mostly as my only food for a few days or so is ok. Currently when I eat any other food including other seafood it doesn't feel good, only oysters and seaweed is sounding good. Maybe when I add seaweed with the oysters it will hold me for a while.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

I always look forward to Inger's posts and open my ears up extra for her advice.

All I'm saying is that my wife has noticed great results (body shape, metabolism, and sleep)by eating oysters pretty much every dinner and shrimp or fish every lunch for the last year.

3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Same here. Have seen changes too. I have lost 11 pounds since adding mostly seafood. About 2 months now

4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I hear you guys, but I also feel like, if Jack bothered to write it in his published book then I am going to pay attention to it as I can. I'm not stressing about it- just being mindful of what he's saying and what I'm doing. I don't need/want to lose any more weight. I've noticed the difference in body composition for sure and did lose inflammatory weight, but I also feel like I actually need some fat on my body in places other than my gut so I do really want to make sure I'm putting enough nutrients in my body. With 3 kids I can get lazy about taking care of me and it takes constant effort to focus on my needs first. So I'm trying to give myself a template because that is comfortable for me and ensures that I actually put my needs at the forefront. I'm a very routine person. And right now my routine is to slap some avocado on whatever protein I'm eating and snarf some coconut oil :/ He makes it clear that it's not healthy to be ketogenic year-round for most people and that you should definitely incorporate seasonal veggies (carbs) is summer.

5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I forget you have kids. As for how you described weight distribution, me too, but wanting gut to go down too. I think your right about inflammation weight. Funny I am doing the same as you with the avacado too. I also add sauerkraut, sauted onions, mushrooms and when I feel like green veggies broccoli, spinach, brussel sprouts.

Sajid Mahmood and ValerieBee like this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

My above comment I thought I was posting on that other thread! Ah well. You get where I'm at. I could definitely up my game when it comes to the veggies. I haven't started any fermenting, but that would be a great addition.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  7. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Great stuff here. Far and away one of my favorite foods.

I've always loved oysters, even before I had any particular thoughts about whether they were good for you or not. I only eat them raw. Although, years ago I did have some steamed. Much better raw. I usually swallow them whole but occasionally chew a little bit. I love the taste of oysters. I also usually squeeze some lemon on SOME of them, but I wonder if the lemon juice rough on tooth enamel or not.

8. Inger

Inger Silver

Billybats, I do not stay full on oysters either, I normally eat something else too when I have them. Or use them as a small meal between breakfast and dinner, about 12-15 oysters. I had about 30 oysters yesterday for dinner but I still had appetite after that, crazy! So I had a big steak on top of them ;).

At work days (I leave for work around 10:45 AM and come home at 9-10 PM) I normally eat a big breakfast around 8 AM, and then I have 10-15 oysters before leaving for work. Of course I eat a big meal at work too ;) I think I eat a lot - but might be because my work it physically pretty demanding, working as a waitress on my feet all day, we do not have breaks either, and more that not there are so much work we just stay on our feet and eat our food as fast as we can...and run back to take care of the guests ;)

I am off work today, it is awesome sunny weather, and I am leaving for the oyster beach staying there all day and picking me a 100 oysters or so, because I had my last ones yesterday :)

Dean6789, LieselK, drezy and 2 others like this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

Drezy ;) :love: but do not forget that I am crazy ;)
    Awesome what/how your wife is doing :) :)

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  10. Inger

Inger Silver

I use lemon on almost all my oysters and I have many every day, I have not noticed any enamel issues..

11. drezy

drezy Gold

Spoken like a true Texan Inger where steaks are used to cover any empty spots on plates

Seeing what passes for normal and sane I'd say a little crazy is exactly what's needed.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    I normally have a problem with seafood.
    Too much EPA for me, suppresses my AA (verified by multitude of tests).
    Also most of the fatty acids test presented on this board by members, had excess of EPA, DHA or both.
    Above research does not contain words DHA or EPA.
    Above research deals with
    Eastern oyster (Crassostrea virginica)
    But
    this research borrows information and refers to:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4926063/
    Lipids and Fatty Acids in the Invasive Oyster Crassostrea gigas

I am guessing oyster virginica or gigas are generally similar in composition.

Now, in this research fatty acids are addressed, so EPA and DHA
    and
    large variety of phospholipids are mentioned.

But the most importantly it looks like oysters are the only seafood that contains much more DHA relatively to EPA.
    say
    about 10% of EPA
    and
    30% DHA

In my local Asian Supermarket I can get oysters gigas fresh meat for $10/pound
    and live eastern oysters of what amounts to about $100/pound or more of meat
    Also eastern oysters, boiled in 1/2lb cans
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EEWZBY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1
    $26/six pounds so about $4.25/pound

Question is,
    what percentage of daily food should be allotted to oysters.

----------------------

upload_2018-5-22_8-17-55.png

-----
    upload_2018-5-22_8-18-20.png

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  13. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

So cool that you live near an oyster beach. That's heaven.

14. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Good to know. Thanks!

15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Wow 30 oysters..you go Inger:) Ok then I will have to make something else with oysters. lol I though it was just me still being hungry with them little suckers..

16. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I would love to know the answer to all of what you said here. I personally feel I have a lot of catching up to do with DHA. Especially after this weekend I totally messed up my eating but I am not going to stress about it just keep on doing better at doing better. Even though I mess up my food I enjoyed my weekend with my man and got alot done that made us feel good.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Billybats

It looks like oysters, specially the giga oysters are the only seafood that have
    more DHA than EPA.
    That is enough information for me to start eating them.
    Additionally their price is very reasonable.

That also means that I continue not eating other seafood,
    unless occasionally.
    (Much more EPA, little DHA)

DDW-25 in enough quantity to make composite food 105ppm.
    I make a broth first then combine it with
    Giga Oysters (maybe also eastern oysters boiled in cans)
    black pepper
    turmeric
    clovers
    hot pepper
    other high ORAC herbs

Liquify all in Vitamix, transfer to Qlarivia bottles, refrigerate.
    --

Broth includes stuff from which SURVOWORS SOUP is made of.
    Have 8 quart pressure cooker to make broth in.
    4 hrs cooking time (under pressure) (causes almost de-composition of hard stuff)

-----
    I will also save some $$ because the oysters have (listed in research paper) almost all stuff (phospholipids) that my BodyBio PC have. So I will stop eating those (expensive) pills.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  18. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Can we get that kinda of fresh oyster(giga) here in NJ. I get the blue point. Seems to be the only one available near me.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think we were already talking about that.
    But at the time I did not had research that tells me their composition.
    I am getting them from Asian supermarket.
    Next to Home Depot, East Hanover route 10.

20. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Fresh or canned