1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oxytocin?????

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Feb 7, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I finally looked this up .... they are...

#1 DHEA
    #2 oxytocin
    #3 melatonin

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Some of you gals are superstars!!! I am very impressed and very proud of you....

we really need to do all we can to do get to optimum ..... seems like it is going to be very hard work for some of us ...but who doesn't love a challenge!!!

3. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Bugger the vacuuming. Give me clean sheets, a massage, and moonlight. At least that's fresher in my memory than vacuuming LOL.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes, yes, yes - I think you are absolutely right ....clean sheets and a message and moonlight ....sound like a trifecta to me!!!

I am really longing to go camping ...... I have never been - but for some reason it seems so sensual to me now. The moonlight, the stars, the trees and birds, the ocean, a campfire - I feel like I would combust on the spot! ....and if someone would grill me a trout - WOW

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Posting in this thread is so far from who I used to be ...... it seems miracles do happen and brains do re wire....if we know better we can do sooooo much better! keeping my fingers crossed that we all find answers....

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Yes, I'm now comfortable enough to share things here with y'all. Like how I took advantage of the backyard & sunshine again this afternoon (sunny and 70s) to sun myself and work on hormones. This time I am waiting for DH to get home so we can make oxytocin together :)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are a very lucky woman! How simple and wonderful life can be .... you and your DH in the backyard and the sunshine. Is your backyard private???
    That could be a trifecta too!

8. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Yes, there is a privacy fence around the perimeter. Last year we were able to use our pool frequently sans clothing...this year my 25 year old stepson is back with us. Have to be more careful because we don't want to scar his psyche for life!

9. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

This thread seems to be helping quite a few of us open up. Instead of being timid and embarrassed, I'm now proud to say DH and I had a date night Friday (we aren't alone without kids too often!) with plenty of oxytocin and then woke up the next morning and made snow angels in our skivvies with some more oxytocin after. Counting down the days until our next date night!!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Doesn't it seem like we are all enjoying the simple pleasures of life so much more?- other things seem completely meaningless to me now.
    Some one made a comment awhile ago that alot of this is woo woo .....I can't think of anything that would or could be more important ....definitely not woo in my book.

11. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Oh, I couldn't agree more Caroline. I was outside a little while ago playing in the snow with my son and it was amazing how just breathing in the cool air and looking at the beauty around me just made me smile. I find myself focusing on the little things so much more these days . . . the important things like spending uninterrupted time with my family and truly playing. I'm smiling so much more and laughing like I've never laughed before. I know I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but I sure am starting to enjoy this journey :)

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is the smiling and the laughing isn't it ...and it is infectious and it radiates back to us in so many unexpected ways........

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think those are the things that are truly important to our children and family. Those are the take away memories of a lifetime. My kids remember the silliest, funniest things that would seem inconsequential but in reality were the most important .. way better than anything i ever bought them etc.

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Caroline, my kids remember some of our silliest adventures with great glee.

Like one time when they were little (between 5-10 years old) and we were in my small car stopped at a traffic light. The radio was on and turned up loud. Can't recall the song but there they were, lined up in my backseat bopping their heads back and forth in unison and really getting into it.

My little car was rocking and the other people at that intersection were all smiling. This didn't cost us a penny and all three carry this memory with them today :)

I sometimes miss those days. It would be fun to go back for one day and spend it with them at that age...

15. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I don't need dinner out and flowers. My drive is stuck in neutral

Well WTH do you do when you WANT to but CAN"T?!

Again. It isn't MY problem. My problem is the spirit is more than willing but the flesh is apparently on a Rip vanWinkle type nap.

16. janagram

janagram New Member

O, mine, too....

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Darleen - I can't always get there either but I am going to keep trying - and I don't like the alternative.... I am just being positive about everything and stuff keeps flowing in my direction or that is what I perceive. When you smile at people - they generally smile back. I find happiness to be contagious and hope it spills over to all areas of my life and maybe the pharmacy in my brain will re awaken. My life now is fun and silly and spontaneous once again and I think it used to be too before.... and it feels amazing to get it back. Can oxytocin be far behind???? don't know but here is hoping - the alternative isn't acceptable.
    Like who else could have so much fun in an ER. My young Doc wants to be a pediatric surgeon and we had a long talk about how he is going to make it happen and I had fun talking to everyone around me - patients and staff and so I think good things have to happen if you get in there and keep fighting and keep positive and keep smiling. Sorry - I know that s way too syrupy for you.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I always remember the times they would crowd into bed with us - even as full grown adults. Doug would go and get us coffee and donuts and we would chat for ages.

19. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Caroline why on earth would you thing your post was "too syrupy" for me? I'm the original pollyana.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I finally re listened to a consult and JK said ......The pineal gland may go to sleep after the age of sixty - it can be a real problem....

and also ...... The pituitary gland slows down.....

Most of you guys are lovely and young and so I hope you do everything possible to get to optimum now and hopefully stay that way and enjoy a super healthy and energized long, long life full of love and happiness and able to cope with all of life's little hiccups along the way. It isn't too late for us oldies either - not by a long shot!