1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oxytocin?????

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Feb 7, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

How is everyone doing with their oxytocin R/X - any one want to share......

It is so very important - but so hard ..........:eek:

2. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Err.. What?

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

seems like you are too young......

4. diane

diane Gold

Ashryn, a few months ago, it came up that oxytocin can help shortcut the melatonin production (did I get that right?). So there was a lot of talk of BOB (battery-operated boyfriend), etc to generate oxytocin. It can also be generated through breastfeeding, and I believe petting animals (dirty minds abort right here lol).

Following in Darleen's footsteps of sharing, here goes.

When I was in my early 30's, I was in a sexless relationship (which I got out of as i realized I was way too young to be treated like that and we never married thank god). Anyway, he would stay up most of the night, I went to bed earlier, and to help get myself to sleep, I practiced self-oxytocin (let me call it SO as we love abbreviations LOL). I did this for years - while I was in a relationship and then when I was single.

Needless to say, I have a lot of practice with SO, and use it frequently now, especially as my partner was living away during the week for a few months, and our schedules aren't always synched (love going to bed early now!). But I fall asleep much easier now, so have to remind myself about the oxytocin. LOL.

5. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I know about a month ago when I was having some [possible] thyroid complaints or I don't know what...but just some complaints I was having so my hands and feet were cold. At night I forgot about 'SO' since about Oct. (Don't know how one 'forgets' but anyway). I did this and my hands and feet actually warmed up. I was very pleased with this. I can say it helps with falling asleep faster but it doesn't guarantee no wake ups (depending on particular night) (for me).

6. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I have a serious question and I'm not trying to BS here or make excuses, but sometimes it is not possible to eat dinner until 7:30 pm. I DON'T like this late to eat dinner and I have to 'force' myself to stay awake until 11:30pm now in order to make it 4 hrs spacing between dinner and sleep. (But at least it's before midnight still).

So if oxytocin can shorten the production of melatonin, can oxytocin help in this regard if someone has trouble staying awake until 11:30pm if they CAN'T eat their dinner earlier?

Please this is a serious question and I am not trying to make excuses. It is a choice I have to make regarding the time. I am currently trying to figure out how I can smoothly make it so that I can resume eating dinner at around 5-6pm. (I prefer the earlier times for sure).

Thanks.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Diane for sharing - you are such a pro! I must say it is getting a lot easier- all the extra Progesterin has helped and maybe [hopefully] my Pg/E ratio is better. I will retest in about 4 weeks - and we will see what the oxytocin does.
    JK thought it would help with the power. indelicate question here - do you manage it twice a day? It is absolutely crazy not to get it done as JK says it stimulates the great pharmacy in the brain and I need all the help I can get!!

8. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Heheh ok.. (I wish I was) i was just surprised, and not sure if that was what you were referring to.
    And here's an over share, since you asked.. I find myself not particularly interested.. Wish I was. So does DH.
    dunno what to do about it though.

9. diane

diane Gold

Ashryn, not that I'm any expert, but it's often related to sex hormone imbalance (Suzanne Somer's book Breakthrough talks about it and is quite good). That hasn't gone south for me....hopefully it doesn't lol. Maybe I'll be more of the "Blanche" character from Golden Girls when i get older. LOL.

Caroline- nope, not twice a day. Not every day right now. Very difficult for me to do in the morning given all I have to get done before work - make my BAB, walk the dogs, feed the dogs, get ready for work, 45 minute drive - oxytocin would just push me over the edge. At that point, I may get to work by noon. :)

Donna D'Souza likes this.
  10. diane

diane Gold

To your earlier comment - yes, it also does help warm up. And if you have cold after CT, oxytocin seriously helps! (In my experience).

Yes, I believe I read somewhere that if you do have a later dinner, that oxytocin can help. I hear you - there are days where it's more difficult to eat earlier, or stuff just happens. But I do try to eat earlier because for me, if I don't, things start going downhill fast, and no amount of oxytocin can stop it. LOL.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

getting to work at noon wouldn't be such a bad thing would it??
    I know it is so important to get S/O in - but at night I just want to go to sleep and in the morning I just want to get up and get moving!
    I have to really work on it. [so to speak!]

Ash - it is really important - if you have very little interest - your hormones are tanked - I am a poster girl for that! - Suzanne Somer's books are great.

JK talks a little about it in one of his blogs - when 2 girls from the forum met him in Florida. Diane can probably pinpoint the blog for you. Actually it is extremely important for your husband too. Did you listen to the webinar on prostrate cancer?

Diane - I love that you are the Blanche character! It seems like you have always known how important it is. How come? Those of us from a different generation were told how evil it was.....

12. So, this may be a weird question, but does anyone get super turned on by CT? When I've done CT outside, alone, in nature (snow CT and soaking in a stream), it's like someone turned on the go button. Just curious if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

YES - others have told that very story - not for me sadly but I am sure that Diane will chime in!

Soooooooooo - Chysanthemama - you were on that extreme adventure at movnat with all those hunky great looking guys - please elaborate.....
    we need all the details and pictures....

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

um... YES....

^THIS^ please!

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I have my good days and bad days with this... some days I'm so wiped out...that not even Self Oxytocin therapy is happening... I've been pushing DH for more :) I'd really like to hit friday night - sat am... sat night - sun am - sun night but he's not there yet hormonally....

16. diane

diane Gold

Yes!!! Orgasms are super intense after CT. Unfortunately after CT my significant other won't touch me because my skin is too cold for him (and he hates being cold - imagine the complaining I put up with this winter with the heat off). Big baby!! LOL!!

17. diane

diane Gold

Go SHINJIN!! :)

18. diane

diane Gold

I have no idea why. It surely wasn't from any information coming from my parents because from what I can tell, my mother didn't like sex very much. LOL. I don't really remember why I started - but learned pretty quickly how it helped me sleep, so just used it from there on in. And when I was single (between my ex and current partner) I did do it more than once a day many times. But have never been a first thing in the morning SO girl.

19. Well, hunky guys for freakin' sure! Every one of those guys was an absolute sweetheart. But actually, as the only female in the group, I was trying to make sure that I held my own, and I was not thinking of oxytocin during the entire workshop. ;)

However, the times I've been alone, and in the woods, and doing CT, I've definitely felt like I was I "up to something," like some sort of secret, tantalizing adventure. Today's CT, for instance. :)

20. diane

diane Gold

This is quickly becoming my favourite thread.....

You go Chrysanthemama! Thank goodness the mountain lion didn't interrupt you. LOL.

And have never tried WHILE CT'ing - but may be the next experiment!