1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oxytocin FTW!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by nonchalant, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Momma28

Momma28 New Member

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion too quickly....pregnancy brings with it many protective and repairitive benefits such as increased stem cells that stay with us for life.

rlee314 likes this.
  2. Plus you get a big ol family to love and love ya back. I think that's a bigger win.

rlee314 likes this.
  3. Jude

Jude Gold

I second that!

4. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

For me, oxytocin comes best in it's natural package. With children, that means within the relationship (just like with partners). In other words, if the relationship is bad, then there is a problem. I am speaking only for myself here. My children are my greatest blessings and my best teachers. They are also my main motivation. If I didn't have them, I know my drive to be healthy, stay healthy and live well would be reduced. If there are times when I start to see my children solely as stressors in my life, I know our relationship (and my mind/heart) needs work. Because I can be crushed by a bus tomorrow and the state of my hsCRP isn't going to matter to my children... but how our relationship was will. Not to say that I'm not working hard on inflammation, thyroid, etc. Just to say that right here, right now is just as important... I don't want to wait until I'm 'all better' to have love in the centre of my life.

rlee314 and kovita like this.
  5. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Please understand I wrote this tongue in cheek. My children are my life, and have been since the day my oldest was born. They are, by far, the main reason I am so focused on getting better. I need to fix me to become working template, so that I can heal them... I do still "reduce" on Tuesday and Thursday mornings though ;) It's the only time I really get to be inside my own head, and it's brand new this school year...

6. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

I totally needed to read this today Lauren, Thank you!!

LBK likes this.
  7. LinD

LinD New Member

DH is gonna love this one! Whether self-administered or help from him. ;-)

8. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Perfect.

I have been so up and down the past few years with mood & energy. I can't wait to live normally with my loved ones again. But in the meantime, I'm going to do everything in my power to love on them when I can, to explain to them that my moods are never their faults, to let them know it's not okay to yell even if I do it sometimes, yada yada.

My family is my stress & my relaxation all in one.

kovita likes this.
  9. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

I met a woman last January who is in her 60s. She and her husband were career people and they had 3 children. She said her only regret was that she didn't have more kids.

Our oldest son and his wife have 6 kids. They don't use birth control, but allow God to number their kids. I admire their attitude and faith. I had 5 and definitely knew when I was done. I was an emotional basket case!!!

kovita likes this.
  10. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

Lahelada likes this.
  11. Gracelind

Gracelind Gold

I still have dreams now about breastfeeding and my "boys" are in their 30s. It's a powerful biological force.

Shijin13 likes this.
  12. 400lbbenchpress

400lbbenchpress New Member

Wow that was an interesting article on iodine and autism.

13. Has anyone here taken oxytocin injections? It was also discussed in our call on methylation during the optimum reset. I met a body builder who took it and he says it really affected him.

14. kovita

kovita Silver

nev

I was scared of breatsfeeding before it came into my life. I sais I will never breastfeed a child who can sit. I loved it and brastfed both till 1,5 years, no powdered milk, ever. My younger still comes to put his hands on my breasts and he comes to joke and touch them anytime I am naked. This is his ultimate consolation, when he is sick or sad he always comes to touch my breasts. I have not studied the oxytocin facts, but it is clear to me the baby gets it as well and it works by touch later when the brastfeeding is over.

rlee314, Shijin13 and nicld like this.
  15. Lava

Lava Gold

I have a rx spray..Is that enough? I assume not and seem to recall a webinar that says it's not...never heard of injections for oxytocin...:) I laughed out loud when I envisioned Gretchen sitting in her cold tub with a spray rx of oxy...boy am I out of the "real" oxy loop...

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dr. K. Is on board with the spray .. Also nipple stimulation and S/O .....

Dr k. Also reminded us of pics of a mom breast feeding her baby in a rocking chair ..... And both are asleep! Incredible oxy for both going on there.

rlee314 likes this.
  17. I realized the injections aren't injections. They are syringe shaped tube that have a cream in them. This was a translation issue due to the fact I live on an island in Thailand.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

rlee314 and Shijin13 like this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Getting oxy the correct way could be considered "a natural type injections"........just sayin' lol

20. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member