1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oxytocin FTW!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by nonchalant, Sep 24, 2012.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Everyone seems to be asking their oxytocin questions in the Ask Jack area. I want a discussion though.

Is it my imagination, or can shivering be stopped cold by an oxytocin release?

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok this gives me an idea for CTing. Hehehehe

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

lol.............

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

DH has been doing a sort of indirect CT, warming me up afterwards. :)

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It does.......my wife can not believe how I can go in ice and never shiver.......she also knows I am very machine like about my own oxytocin release schedule........she understands what I am trying to do now........it is no longer random to her because she has seen the result herself. She is my doctor and I am hers.

6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Can we please start a list of the benefits of oxytocin release?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When you use oxytocin you are re stocking the giant pharmacy in your brain I revealed to you in BG 12. This means if your ASI is crashed an burnt.......you have a chance to re tool it. Many in educational consults have heard me say it over and over again. You have the control over your biology is you do what you should do over what you want to do..........BG 13 is another brick in that wall.

billy likes this.
  8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oxytocin is a powerful antioxidant. It is also a shortcut to sleep. And a shortcut to the autophagy portion of sleep, iirc.

billy likes this.
  9. so, been thinking about how the following play into this. . .

Fetish arousal

Love feelings

general non sexual love (such as mother baby, and how long does that extend to?)

does intense love deplete brain chemicals?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it repletes them..........until it is pathologic

11. What is pathologic in the love dept?

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

All I can say is one of the best oxytocin highs I've ever had was those first few months of nursing Havoc. Bliss. Co-sleeping/all night nursings helped me sleep at night! I don't get as much bliss now when he nurses but the warm gushy feelings are still there

Completely different oxytocin release than what happens in sex.

Did you know nipple massage/suckling can induce labor in a pregnant mama whos ready to give birth it's also a great method for dealing w/labor pain

13. I slept great co-sleeping ad nursing my first two at night, but for some reason with my twins I feel like I sleep terribly when they are sleep-nursing with me. I wonder what's up with that? Did something get screwed up in me?

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Could just be a twins thing. I've heard that from lots of twin mamas

15. Thats interesting, wonder what it is about twins. They need to let me sleep one day...15 months of sleep deprivation is not a good thing for this girl who has always enjoyed her sleep!

16. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I often had an incredible sense of well being and peace when nursing my children, especially a few weeks after their births.

17. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

idk, maybe sexual addiction?

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

been sayin' this for a long while all I really need is a cute boy and I'll be fixed :cool:

19. TribalSpice

TribalSpice New Member

Oxytocin is my middle name.

20. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Sooo, on similar lines. After breastfeeding 4 babies, each for 2+ years, my nipples are on perma-erect, and too sensitive. What's the deal with that?