1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ordering our own labs in the USA

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MouseBandit, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Hi everyone! For those of you that order your own labs for some or all of your data, which ones are you ordering and who are you ordering them through? I have an appointment with my family doc, but he is out of town until next week, so if there are some that I can order myself, I am ready to do it. I am in the US (west coast, Oregon).

Thank you!
    MouseBandit

2. Huck

Huck Silver

3. Huck, which labs do you have done on your own vs which ones do you let your docs order?
    THANK YOU!

4. Huck

Huck Silver

My doc is great about ordering tests, so the only time I order my own is when I'm in a hurry or if I have to pay for it anyway. The only problem I have with using a doctor is it can take a long time for them to make the results available to you. In my experience, doctor's are reluctant to post the labs until they have reviewed them, and often this takes weeks.

5. Copy that. Waiting weeks for lab results isn't going to suit me well either, haha. Off to check out the labs you recommended. THank you!

6. Mary B

Mary B New Member

I just signed up for March Specials at Direct Labs Ordered a Vitamin D and Womens Health lab. $164 Using Epi Paleo RX lab section as guide for which labs to pay most attention to.

7. Friday morning I go in for a blood draw at my primary doc's office, for most of the standard blood labs, and I just ordered a kit from Canary Club (who uses ZRT labs for processing) for a Fertility Panel, which has the hormones and I think a blood spot for something. I'll post a full report on my optimal journal when I get the results.
    thank you all for the suggestions!

8. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I didn't have the money to buy a list of labs so I asked my primary doctor (VA) to order labs for me. He said he hasn't even heard of half of them and they were not on his menu for ordering. I started asking for the labs last August.
    Over the rest of the year I had appointments with endocrinologists and other doctors and tried ordering Labs through them. I was able to get a lot of labs done but the ones I wanted most I could not seem to get.
    One day I was visiting my chiropractor and brought up the issue of ordering labs and he said he would order them for me. I would have to pay for them. When I went to LabCorp I used medicare to help pay for the labs. I got the results yesterday for Omega 3:6 ratio, pregnenolone, leptin, cortisol, CRP... I haven't been billed yet but the nurse running the lab said Medicare would take care of about half of the bill.

9. Dave Key - that's awesome! Some of those are ones my doc wasn't keen to order, as well. I figure I will assess what I'm getting now, then find a way to get the rest later. I just had a blood draw this morning for the basic ones my doc would order, and I should receive my self-test kit from Canary Club today or tomorrow to do that saliva hormone tests. I listed them all out in my Optimal Journal with prices. I'll update with the results as soon as I get them. But I found both Canary Club and ZRT labs to do lots of testing without your doctor's involvement. :)

Dave Key likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199957

https://www.mcssl.com/store/bltsystem/catalog/search?keyword=Homocysteine
    Homocysteine, Plasma 706994 - $28.01
    Insulin - $12.01
    Hemoglobin A1c $8.65
    Glucose, Serum 001032 -$7.98
    Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum $14.45
    DHEAs -$24.35
    Progesterone $17.29
    Estradiol (E2), Serum $24.93
    Estrone (E1), Serum $29.50
    Cortisol - AM, Serum 104018 - $14.44
    CBC with Differential $8.90
    Comp Metabolic 14 Panel $9.65
    Urinalysis, Complete $8.63
    Prolactin $17.29
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy $33.50
    Free Triiodothyronine (T3) $14.45
    Lipid Panel $9.65

PSA Total+%Free $24.93

The venipuncture fee of $6.95 will be added to the Processing Fee of your lab order.

Jenifer Caplan, Joe Fang and Dave Key like this.