1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Optimized Life Journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jill A., Jun 1, 2018.

1. Jill A.

Jill A. Gold

Time to begin documenting this journey. It feels as if it is becoming an epic adventure into saving my own life.

About 5 mos to get here since joining. Like many Im sure I saw the truth of all of this but it has taken me time to change the way I think. Time to even feel up to the take off. Small steps.
    I have known on some level that supplements and diet was not enough.
    It has been the sun that has begun to revive me. I was stumbling around and decided to do just that one thing. The sun. Circadian reset. Now I cant get enough of the sun. The impact has been enough that I am feeling strong enough to employ the discipline of eating Paleo Rx.
    DHA is important.
    I am eating seafood. Oysters. Delicious.
    Feet in the ocean and on the ground.
    All blue light out of the house. I have grown to hate it. It feels so unnatural to me.
    Drinking glacier water.
    Looking at Quantlet.

I bought a Joovv. I enjoy its light. Need to understand it better. How do I use it to support me?
    Looking at Magnetico.

I have begun testing. ordered some basics. not Great results again.
    I have Epi-PaleoRx. Are the recommended tests in there still the most relevant or have there been changes written somewhere?

I feel I have made the shift from thinking about my healing being so much about food and more about my connection to my environment.
    I have become a beachcomber. I am reading tides. I know when treasure arrives. I walk in the water. Working on going all the way in.
    I have always loved the cold. But after some experimentation in the beginning I found I was not strong enough to handle it. It was last winter. I got chilled. I was too sick. Stronger now.
    I believe I may be in the water all the way by the end of June.
    Yesterday I wanted to get naked so bad. The sun was perfect. No chemtrails. Honestly, this has been one of the most moving times of my life. I am 64. I remember the sun. We werent allowed home till it went down.
    Today I was able to get a good part of my breasts into the sun and also my upper back and neck. After doing a work session today I feel pretty pain free tonite.
    The sun truly is a miracle. I have been pondering a life of most of the day spent in it. I will drop that one off in the Quantum field of infinite possibilities.

I am reading blogs and posts in the forum and listening to many you tube vids of Jack. Relistening. I pick up another piece each time I do. It all makes sense to me and feels right.

Today I was at the beach after an oyster, cod and coconut oil breakfast. I am struggling to stay away from the carbs because I actually have been getting dizzy and feel strange as my body tries to deal with the change. I got pretty shaky and did not feel well. It scares me. Perhaps I should add more fat. I will try tomorrow.
    My tests show borderline Type 2, liver enzymes twice what they should be and Im surely inflamed. I am told my tests so far show I am on the road to heart disease.

I love the idea of not having to eat, like the trees. Jack spoke about it in an interview. I am so f@$#&^% sick of thinking about food. I was a bodybuilder in my twenties. Insane lifestyle and very regimented eating and lifestyle.

Something is wrong with me. I intend to understand it. I have been taking in a lot of material here but I am not good at putting it all together yet. my brain has begun to clear some from what Im doing so far. still not tracking like I should be however.

.Broke down nov 2015. c1-c2 disc compression, mild, stenosis at c4/5 ... severe pain and loss of feeling in my right outer hand, last 2 fingers. R diaphragm collapsed. couldnt work.
    I have stomach aches ... for a long time now off and on.
    Obesity ... I now weigh 230lbs. I have been 130lb competitive BB. Weight has gone up and down all my life.
    I have not recovered fully from this crash but am able to work some.
    Ive had sleep problems. It is correcting with circadian reset.
    Most recently I have noticed my skin suddenly became extremely dry all over.
    I was growing new skin tags on my face and chest.
    Energy is up and down and if I work too much I go into pretty bad pain all over.
    Ibuprofen abuse.
    Overworking.Too much computer.No sunlight at all for a long time.
    I feel a strange stiffness on my feet and calves,
    High sex drive
    I have not been able to come back. Its why I found Jack. I tried to pull myself out. I knew I needed something different.
    No illness in my mother except Dementia 4 years ago.
    Father died of pancreatic cancer and liver failure. Alchoholic.
    All family illness's ... cancer, heart disease, diabetes, alchohol, some mental illness.

I have not been well my whole life. Never actually sick but just short periods of time when I felt like I was firing all cylinders. Ive been sick for a long time.

using Colostrum
    vitC
    D3
    Magnesium
    Progesterone cream
    Estriol cream

CMP14+LP+TP+TSH+5AC+CBC/D/Plt Chemistries 01
    Glucose 82 mg/dL 65 - 99 01
    Uric Acid 6.0 mg/dL 2.5 - 7.1 01
    Please Note: 01 Therapeutic target for gout patients: <6.0 BUN 20 mg/dL 8 - 27 01
    Creatinine 0.91 mg/dL 0.57 - 1.00 01
    eGFR If NonAfricn Am 67 mL/min/1.73 >59
    eGFR If Africn Am 77 mL/min/1.73 >59
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio 22 12 - 28
    Sodium 141 mmol/L 134 - 144 01
    Potassium 4.4 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.2 01
    Chloride 101 mmol/L 96 - 106 01
    Carbon Dioxide, Total 26 mmol/L 18 - 29 01
    Calcium 9.2 mg/dL 8.7 - 10.3 01
    Phosphorus 3.8 mg/dL 2.5 - 4.5 01
    Protein, Total 7.7 g/dL 6.0 - 8.5 01
    Albumin 4.6 g/dL 3.6 - 4.8 01
    Globulin, Total 3.1 g/dL 1.5 - 4.5 A/G Ratio 1.5 1.2 - 2.2
    Bilirubin, Total 0.3 mg/dL 0.0 - 1.2 01
    Alkaline Phosphatase 58 IU/L 39 - 117 01
    LDH 186 IU/L 119 - 226 01
    AST (SGOT) 44 High IU/L 0 - 40 01
    ALT (SGPT) 44 High IU/L 0 - 32 01
    GGT 124 High IU/L 0 - 60 01
    Iron 131 ug/dL 27 - 139 01

Lipids 01 Cholesterol, Total 239 High mg/dL 100 - 199 01
    Triglycerides 88 mg/dL 0 - 149 01
    HDL Cholesterol 66 mg/dL >39 01
    LDL Cholesterol Calc 155 High mg/dL 0 - 99 T.
    Chol/HDL Ratio 3.6 ratio 0.0 - 4.4 Please Note: 01 T. Chol/HDL Ratio Men Women 1/2 Avg.Risk 3.4 3.3 Avg.Risk 5.0 4.4 2X Avg.Risk 9.6 7.1 3X Avg.Risk 23.4 11.0 . 01

Thyroid 02 TSH 2.280 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500 01
    Thyroxine (T4) 6.5 ug/dL 4.5 - 12.0 01
    T3 Uptake 29 % 24 - 39 01
    Free Thyroxine Index 1.9 1.2 - 4.9 . 01
    CBC, Platelet Ct, and Diff 01 WBC 6.5 x10E3/uL 3.4 - 10.8 01 RBC 4.29 x10E6/uL 3.77 - 5.28 01
    Hemoglobin 14.1 g/dL 11.1 - 15.9 01
    Hematocrit 41.9 % 34.0 - 46.6 01
    MCV 98 High fL 79 - 97 01 MCH 32.9 pg 26.6 - 33.0 01
    MCHC 33.7 g/dL 31.5 - 35.7 01
    RDW 14.7 % 12.3 - 15.4 01
    Platelets 287 x10E3/uL 150 - 379 01
    Neutrophils 55 % Not Estab. 01 Lymphs 34 % Not Estab. 01
    Monocytes 8 % Not Estab. 01
    Eos 3 % Not Estab. 01 Basos 0 % Not Estab. 01
    Neutrophils (Absolute) 3.6 x10E3/uL 1.4 - 7.0 01
    Lymphs (Absolute) 2.2 x10E3/uL 0.7 - 3.1 01
    Monocytes(Absolute) 0.5 x10E3/uL 0.1 - 0.9 01
    Eos (Absolute) 0.2 x10E3/uL 0.0 - 0.4 01
    Baso (Absolute) 0.0 x10E3/uL 0.0 - 0.2 01
    Immature Granulocytes 0 % Not Estab. 01
    Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0 x10E3/uL 0.0 - 0.1 01

Urinalysis, Complete Urinalysis Gross Exam 01
    Specific Gravity 1.025 1.005 - 1.030 01 pH 5.0 5.0 - 7.5 01
    Urine-Color Yellow Yellow 01 Appearance Clear Clear 01
    WBC Esterase 1+ Abnormal Negative 01 Protein Negative Negative/Trace 01
    Glucose Negative Negative 01
    Ketones Negative Negative 01
    OccBilirubin Negative Negative 01
    Urobilinogen,Semi-Qn 1.0 mg/dL 0.2 - 1.0 01
    Nitrite, Urine Negative Negative 01 Microscopic Examination See below: 01
    WBC 11-30 Abnormal /hpf 0 - 5 01
    RBC 0-2 /hpf 0 - 2 01
    Epithelial Cells (non renal) >10 Abnormal /hpf 0 - 10 01 Mucus Threads Present Not Estab. 01
    Bacteria Few None seen/Few 01
    Iron and TIBC Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 415 ug/dL 250 - 450 UIBC 284 ug/dL 118 - 369 01
    Iron Saturation 32 % 15 - 55
    Testosterone,Free and Total Testosterone, Serum 28 ng/dL 3 - 41 01
    Free Testosterone(Direct) 2.8 pg/mL 0.0 - 4.2 02
    Hemoglobin A1c Hemoglobin A1c 5.6 % 4.8 - 5.6 01
    Please Note: 01 Pre-diabetes: 5.7 - 6.4 Diabetes: >6.4 Glycemic control for adults with diabetes: <7.0
    Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S T4,Free(Direct) 1.18 ng/dL 0.82 - 1.77 01
    DHEA-Sulfate 175.5 ug/dL 29.4 - 220.5 01
    Estradiol 13.9 pg/mL 01

Adult Female: Follicular phase 12.5 - 166.0 Ovulation phase 85.8 - 498.0
    Luteal phase 43.8 - 211.0
    Postmenopausal <6.0 - 54.7
    Pregnancy 1st trimester 215.0 - >4300.0 Girls (1-10 years) 6.0 - 27.0 Roche ECLIA methodology

IGF-1 Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 179 High ng/mL 42 - 169 02
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 31.8 ng/mL 30.0 - 100.0 01
    Vitamin D deficiency has been defined by the Institute of Medicine and an Endocrine Society practice guideline as a level of serum 25-OH vitamin D less than 20 ng/mL (1,2).
    C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac 2.98 mg/L 0.00 - 3.00 01 Relative Risk for Future Cardiovascular Event Low <1.00 Average 1.00 - 3.00 High >3.00
    Homocyst(e)ine, Plasma 16.3 High umol/L 0.0 - 15.0 01
    Growth Hormone, Serum 0.7 ng/mL 0.0 - 10.0 02
    Progesterone 0.2 ng/mL 01 Follicular phase 0.1 - 0.9 Luteal phase 1.8 - 23.9 Ovulation phase 0.1 - 12.0 Pregnant First trimester 11.0 - 44.3 Second trimester 25.4 - 83.3 Third trimester 58.7 - 214.0 Postmenopausal 0.0 - 0.1
    Estrogens, Total 60 pg/mL 02 Prepubertal <40 Female Cycle: 1-10 Days 61 - 394 1.00 1 Patient Report

Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 3.2 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4 01

2. Jill A.

Jill A. Gold

I notice that since being in the sun everyday the skin tags on my face are diminished somewhat.
    Wondering what the very dry skin, orange peeling affect is caused by. I will continue to research.
    But overall my skin looks better.
    I am developing a solar callous.
    Up to my waist in the ocean. Hot sun, cold water.

I am controlling my mornings now. Trying to push start time to 10am as much as possible.

Tossed all underwire bras. Perhaps that is why my diaphragm collapsed. Pain in ribs.
    The metal and my biology makes me an antennae.

Added more fat to breakfast. Still dizzy later on. Shaking. Wow. Metabolism is delicate right now. I feel inflamed in my gut... Up high

My Dr actually told me that disc compression and aches and gut problems were all normal part of aging.
    In this environment it is.

3. Jill A.

Jill A. Gold

6. Your BUN/creatine ratios are critical to follow in these battery of tests. You can layer on other tests like your urine-specific gravity, urinary and serum osmolarity as well to gain a greater understanding of where you are. When it is high, it means your proteins and mitochondria do not have reverse water micelles around them to transfer energy to and fro to allow for 100{a7b724a0454d92c70890dedf5ec22a026af4df067c7b55aa6009b4d34d5da3c6} energy efficiency. This ruins the zero entropy systems and causes you to have to make more ATP to open water-binding sites on protein. When ATP generation is low, you will crave carbs to offset this loss. That is also a cue your redox potential is off. We can see this in advanced cardiac testing using HRV/CAC scores.

Saving this. Piecing it together.

Phosphene likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Jill .........baby steps.

I you can manage to become a gold member you will have access to Jack's monthly blogs and the follow up live Q&A when you can ask Jack anything. These truly are golden.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

Hi Jill

Jill A.
    I am 64. (so likely postmenopausal)
    ------------------------------------
    I am struggling to stay away from the carbs

Carbs have to be divided into number of categories.
    but when your weight is 230# and you are aiming at 130#
    you must stay out of high glycemic index carbs
    eat one time a day or less
    eat small portions

2-3x/day step on digital scale
    -------------------------------------
    Drinking glacier water.

Lately this is about DDW (deuterium depleted water)
    If you have unlimited funds, those waters are good.
    This waters are usually very expensive if you compare them to Qlarivia-25ppm
    You can mix Qlarivia with tap water or cheap RO water to the D consistency of glacier water you will find out that the glacier water is often 5 to 10x more expensive.
    but
    if you go the Qlarivia route
    mix it 2 Qlarivia to one plain water
    or 1 Qlarivia to 1 plain water
    and you will have really good deal going.
    plain water=tap water or cheap RO water

If you want to do better on DDW
    replace portion of plain water with

SURVIWORS SOUP

Add some high ORAC items.
    Broke down nov 2015. c1-c2 disc compression, mild, stenosis at c4/5 ... severe pain and loss of feeling in my right outer hand, last 2 fingers. R diaphragm collapsed. couldnt work.
    I have stomach aches ... for a long time now off and on.
    Obesity ... I now weigh 230lbs.
    I have been 130lb competitive BB. Weight has gone up and down all my life.
    I have not recovered fully from this crash but am able to work some.
    Ive had sleep problems. It is correcting with circadian reset.

No matter how good you are doing with sun exposure
    you have to check your results
    get saliva 4x cortisol test post results here

if you are able, get DUTCHtest.com test and you will have really excellent review of your health story.
    -----------------
    I feel a strange stiffness on my feet and calves,
    High sex drive

If that high sex drive is up to being uncomfortable, do
    DUTCHtest.com
    post results file
    -----------------
    I feel inflamed in my gut... Up high

Is that about heartburn??
    If yes
    often that is due to low gastric acid level
    sleep on inclined bed
    eat Betaine HCL with pepsin
    there is a (trial and error) procedure on how to figure your correct dose

using Colostrum
    vitC
    D3
    Magnesium
    Progesterone cream
    Estriol cream

Use DUTCHtest.com
    to figure out and optimize your steroid hormones.

your progesterone is way way too low

---
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 31.8 ng/mL 30.0 - 100.0 01
    Homocyst(e)ine, Plasma 16.3 High umol/L 0.0 - 15.0 01
    Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 3.2 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4 01
    Thyroid 02 TSH 2.280 uIU/mL

Your vit D is telling you 50% of your story. (including broken bones)
    It should be at least at the top of range (100 ng/ml) or much more.
    And it should be because of your sun exposure.
    And not only 1-2 hrs every day around noon (100% naked skin and eyes)
    but also early in the morning (to make some melatonin, that would latter on help you with sleep)

Your super high homocysteine that is another big story (that usually) can be adjusted with few $/month pills.
    [​IMG]

5-MTHF Plus Forte 60 Tablets By Biotics Research
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFGR6JM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You will newer loose weight with low FreeT3
    You should be at the top range or little over.
    Use NTH Natural Hormone from pigs
    by trial and error up to 3 grains/day
    over that (up to say 5grains and no more) get blood tested
    use very accurate ovulatory thermometer
    measure temperature in mid day when very rested, deep under tongue
    aim at 37C=98.6F
    Use that to dose NTH
    All that NTH is not going to work if you saliva/cortisol test 4x is low.

While here eat
    selenium in right amounts (Spectracell will tell you how much)
    start with one pill/day
    Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)
    but buy it at amazon.com
    and
    excessive amounts of Lugols (one full dropper daily)(about 1cc=1mL)
    https://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/2ozlugolssolution24packincludesshipping.aspx

Say thank you to @drezy he figured that one out.
    ----
    Estradiol 13.9 pg/mL 01 low
    Progesterone 0.2 ng/mL

DUTCHtest.com

========================================================
    Get
    Spectracell.com
    Micronutrient Analysis

Post here (whole unadulterated, completed) pdf file with results

do the same with DUTCH

========================================================

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Annemarie Heise likes this.
  6. Jill A.

Jill A. Gold

Hi Caroline.
    Hm. I thought I was a Gold Member but I cant seem to find any account information. Please direct me. I know I am paying 99.00 a mos. I have access to blog, Forums, Q&A.
    I wondered why it didnt say what my membership is under my Avatar.
    I got a free Skype appt with Jack when I joined. I had no idea what to ask. It would be a very different talk now.

7. Jill A.

Jill A. Gold

..... One time a day or less???

You can mix Qlarivia with tap water or cheap RO water to the D consistency of glacier water you will find out that the glacier water is often 5 to 10x more expensive.
    .......Will check this out. Thankyou! Icelandic is expensive

Dutchtest.com
    ....Dutch Complete or Dutch Plus?

get 4x cortisol test
    ....Is the Cortisol Awakening Response the cortisol test I should use?

Ok ... have some already.

.... I am using AllVia Progensa20 ... 20mg per pump 2x a day. I have used more but began to bleed. I dont mind but the cramps were hell.
    .... Using Estriol, 0.75 mg per pump 2x a day

Out of stock. Will find it

... OK. Will have to figure out a place to get naked in the sun. Not much privacy where I live but I will figure it out.

I have Nature-Throid 1.5 grain. I was told to take only 1/4 grain. When I go up to 1 1/2 my face gets hyper oily and I get acne. Big bumps on my face. Not sure what thats about. I stopped. Please advise

....OK got it

... It says they cannot collect sample or mail results in to Calif. I will call them tomorrow. Any other Lab? I use Walkin Lab.

Will get testing. So very Grateful for your direction JanSz. I am very happy this morning because of it. It all feels right. I intend to get well here.
    My Mother has Dementia. 90. No meds her whole life but I have watched her slide into this and now she is so frail. It didnt make sense to me. I understand so much more what has happened to her. I can track it. I do not intend to go out that way.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol. Yeah it's possible. You'd be surprised how much of that is driven by bad environment and "3-squares" tradition (as if every one of our ancestors got 3-squares regularly).

Phosphene likes this.
  9. Jill A.

Jill A. Gold

10. Jill A.

Jill A. Gold

Wouldnt it be great not to have to worry about eating. I was a bodybuilder and the mentality is hard to shake. 12 years ago I went back into the gym and it was really tough. 6 meals a day minimum!! My body was UPSET!! Did not do well.
    I was a maniac.
    I know I am finally on the right track. Jack explains a whole lot. Steep learning curve. I love it!
    Relieved and up for the "great work".
    And I am so HAPPY to be in the sun again!! "Doin the dance"

caroline likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Hang in there. There are others with your experience and they will eventually come out of the woodworks.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jill A.
    You must know that I am not a doctor.
    Nothing medical in my education

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Mix of Qlarivia replaces all your daily water needs.
    When boiling it for a tea or coffee stop boiling the moment it starts, the vapors are good (light) water that you do not want to loose.
    Keep mix in closed container.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    You can drink mix of Qlarivia half and half
    Use that mix for all your drinking.

Also eat/drink SURVIWAL SOUP (look up recipe, you are Gold member)
    Some of Qlarivia you can mix half/half with that soup.

Also give this to your Mother for drinking.
    After 2 months if you see some improvements
    switch her to this table
    upload_2018-6-3_19-6-59.png

upload_2018-6-3_19-2-6.png

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you get DUTCH cortisol test is included,
    you do not need any additional cortisol test.

Call DUTCH ask they which test you should use.

Tell them that you are postmeapousal.
    I think it will be this one:
    upload_2018-6-3_19-25-41.png

Attached Files:

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

JanSz said:
    your progesterone is way way too low

Progesterone wise you should be using
    100 or 200 mg Prometrium/before bed time

It would be a good idea if you could be say 2-3 weeks on 100mg Prometrium and then do DUTCH.

From DUTCH you would get better picture of how you are responding and how to adjust Prometrium dose.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You have 230#
    You are on a way to 130#
    If your temperature under tongue is 37C or higher do not use additional thyroid hormones
    If temperature is low, specially if it is less than 36.6C
    you have a fight ahead

Wait for cortisol levels.
    Cortisol must be there first for the thyroid hormones to work.

If you can get quick blood test for cortisol
    get blood draw at 7-8am
    we will get idea about your cortisol.
    Actually get AM/PM cortisol, the second one do at noon.
    If cant get blood (script)
    Get 4x saliva test from Amazon.com

If cortisol is low you may need
    hydrocortisoone or Medrol (whichewer easier to get)
    that may take you over the hump
    until good sun exposure gives you your own cortisol

////////////////////

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I use 2% Lugol
    1cc/day
    I am doing that for years, I think more than 10 years

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

JanSz said:
    Get
    Spectracell.com
    Micronutrient Analysis

That sucks.
    Travel to another state.

This is insanely important test.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

that's great if you are a gold member and have access to everything .......