1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Optimal Journal July 2018

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Ossa, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Ossa

Ossa New Member

Hi, Im Alex, this is my optimal journal.

First a bit of background about me. Currently 21 y/o, 160 lbs. I grew up an overweight kid for most of my life, (10-15 lbs). I struggled with binge eating and cravings for junk food most of the time. Ive also struggled with bad general anxiety for as long as I can remember which made things like school attendance throughout life a huge issue. When i was about 15 my friend who was in shape started taking me for long distance runs which helped me drop a bit of the weight. Shortly after that i started really getting into fitness. So I started working out at the gym. Unfortunately I didn't know what I was doing and started training excessively i.e. too intense, many sets to failure. I became extremely exhausted and still tried to continue to push myself as I thought it was the right thing to do. I had to stop after a while because I ended up having to take 3 hours naps everyday and just completely burnt out with no energy, I also completely lost my libido which use to be really high and never came back to what it was so far. This was during my final year of highschool when I was about 17-18.

Since I was a kid I use to be addicted to video games, internet. I would stay up to 11:30 - 12 every night on computer/video games which I realize now is why I have sleep problems. I dont usually have too much trouble going to sleep at night but at night is usually when I feel the most awake and during the day the most tired and sleepy. I have started using blue blocking glasses about a month ago and I think its starting to help. I just feel like I should still be getting sleepier at night than what I am right now.

I still feel like I have been recovering from all the stress I put on myself but it seems to slowly be getting better. I still struggle with depression from time to time and have been on three different anti-depressants in the past all of them made me feel worse and like a zombie. Since discovering Dr. Kruse a month ago I have started trying to stick to the leptin Rx as Im pretty sure I am LR due to really bad sugar cravings. I still get really tired around 3pm everyday like I really need to sleep.

I do not have much lab information other than blood test results from last year. Everything came back normal except for my testosterone which was at the lower end of normal ( still within normal range), I guess this explained my loss of sex drive. I had a right knee surgery for torn acl and meniscus a year and half ago.

Family Health History:

My gram is 87 and has been in very good shape for most of her life, except for one benign brain tumor that she had removed. She has no other health issues. She grew up in Northern England

My mom is 50 and does not have any clear health problems except for the fact that she became more and more obese since her 20s, before that she was in good shape. (30-40 lbs overweight)
    One interesting thing about her is that she has always had a sensitivity to wifi. She never allows it in her house because she said it makes her face feel hot and gives her heart palpitations.

If there is anything I can start doing to improve my health immediately I would appreciate the advice. I will be moving to Israel in August for a year and half of volunteer service so I believe that will be a better environment for me.

Goals: Get rid of carb cravings, anxiety, fatigue

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

3. Ossa

Ossa New Member

Update: July 10th , noticed im starting to get sleepier at night around 10:30 to 11pm after making sure environment is dark after sunset and continuing with leptin rx. I find it extremely hard to avoid carbs and find myself constantly craving them still but it seems to be getting better. I dont slip up too bad and usually stay under 100grams per day so i hope im still making proggress.

4. Ossa

Ossa New Member

Thank you its an honour to be here