1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

optimal journal Debra

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Debntx, Feb 5, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My reasons for using Monolaurin are exclusively antiviral.
    ------------
    I do not see contradiction here.

All I am saying is that if Monolauring have helped you
    you must have been low on
    lauric acid
    capric acid
    myristic acid

And by low I mean below low laboratory ranges.
    You have not tested your fatty acids, so you do not know your status.

I am low on all three but I am still within laboratory range.

AND
    I have not seen Patricia Kane discussing this three above, but she does cry about people being bamboozled by fish oil industry and having low AA (and what it does, and what it does not do when absent at good levels),

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachidonic_acid#PLA2_activation

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_fatty_acid_interactions#Competitive_Inhibition
    Competitive Inhibition
    DGLA and EPA compete with AA for access to the cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase enzymes. So the presence of DGLA and EPA in tissues lowers the output of AA's eicosanoids. For example, dietary GLA increases tissue DGLA and lowers TXB2.[22][23] Likewise, EPA inhibits the production of series-2 PG and TX.[17] Although DGLA forms no LTs, a DGLA derivative blocks the transformation of AA to LTs.[24]

Counteraction
    Some DGLA and EPA derived eicosanoids counteract their AA derived counterparts. For example, DGLA yields PGE1, which powerfully counteracts PGE2.[25] EPA yields the antiaggregatory prostacyclin PGI3 [26] It also yields the leuokotriene LTB5 which vitiates the action of the AA-derived LTB4.[27]

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The bolded part is in past tense.
    I am still looking for explanation why after decade+ of 300mg/day DHEA supplementation
    suddenly
    all I need is 25mg/day
    and even that is still under observation.
    But
    if you are of opinion that I have an urgent issue with fatty-acid metabolism at several levels,
    why are you seem to not be interested in knowing their status?
    ----------------------------
    FVIW my temperature trends up. So I will keep going with forscolin at least until I finish current supply.

upload_2017-5-28_11-2-51.png

4. Debntx

Debntx New Member

well, this was before i started upping my wild caught salmon - it's in a can but i hope my next test will be better -
    now , i have some oysters - i am afraid of just eating them - i don't want to be "stupid" and catch something - So! I will lightly saute them with vegetables - how does that sound?

they're in a container so they're not fresh (living) - anyway, working up the courage

oops, i should have replied instead... to JanSz copy of my test results

5. Debntx

Debntx New Member

i am using the Jarrow Pantethine, Seeking Health Pantothenic Acid and Pure Encapsulations - taking whichever I feel like x1 or 2x a day (inconsistent, mostly 1x a day) but it is alway Jarrow (pantesin) and one of the others at the same time

I am also using a b5 additive to my shampoo and applying topically a B5 skin spray - so attacking on more than one front....

testing will hopefull show improvement

your recommendation is definitely less expensive - i may want to consider it

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

I think your gradual approach to change is a good move. I don't think you'll be ill from the oysters unless you end up working yourself up too much over your imagined threat. There are whole cultures that exist exclusively on seafood.

Ease up on the down talk like "dumb" and "stupid". You're among friends here that are all in different stages of this change/experiment and have varying tech skills and are more or less "data driven". The access here and glimpse into the lives and minds of people over time all trying this is a great thing.

Good luck and keep us posted.

7. drezy

drezy Gold

I do agree with that statement. I'm sure that I even test myself way less (~every 3 years maybe) than anyone here. Comparing my DHA to the US average DHA carries only contextual meaning when I understand the whole context (what if we just got a large influx of Eskimoes or equatorial people). I could very well just be lazy and I'm willing to own that. My most regular tests (given my own conditions & N=1) are:
    • Hand temperature in the AM (blood pressure)
    • Libido (hormone panel)
    • strength with squats and deadlift and BP and HR tracking 5,10,&20 minutes after a workout (stress test)
    • Sleep quality, duration, and energy on waking ()
    • Occasional alcoholic drink and 24 hour perspiration monitoring/stink test after AM caffeine usage (liver strength/metabolism also a dopamine test of sorts)
    • mental focus (dopamine)
    • Wound healing speed

It all sounds maybe too simple, but for me and my situation, fixating on numbers could potentially push me toward believing that I'm being iron clad scientific about the whole process even if any of the above "test" were thrown off.

If "feeling good" came with the wrong "numbers" which would you pick? Who chose those "normal numbers" anyway? Have those "normal" numbers and number ranges ever changed over time and upon review? Are we convinced they will never ever change again and they are set in stone right now?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

9. drezy

drezy Gold

I don't see an eli-paleo diet causing anything but positives on my own first line "tests"/markers from above. The same seems to apply to my wife and son.

Honestly, most of the gains I experience are from changing my environment(light, emf, cold).

Debntx and SatoriHeart like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

It's just me talking to strangers easily, offering solutions to problems, and finding pleasure in small activities.

I don't take myself that seriously. Caveat emptor: I did just fully disclose that I don't test very often so if I were hypomanic with DHA levels through the roof I'd never know. I'd live out my years in a fat saturated hypomanic bliss.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There is newer enough numbers.

Looking for easy way to figure out heart rate when
    my body shifts from burning fat for fuel to burning carbs.

http://www.mensjournal.com/adventur...inger-summited-everest-without-oxygen-w484387

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-72#post-214980
    The other question, when eating proper fats (as identified by fatty acids analysis), how to hold on to them,
    so they would go up on my next fatty acids test?

----------------------

12. Debntx

Debntx New Member

yes, i think self-talk important - i had realized that almost as soon as I hit post reply - as i reread what i wrote I came back and edited out - this stuff gets sent out in the original though

A gradual approach - "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." attributed to Aristotle according to google box - and you know who had said it plenty

You know there is so much information here - I put into practice/action as I entertain and therefore more able to know more for myself....

I am reminded of times when I told someone of my ideas/experiments - for example a couple of years ago ( i was/am always trying something - usually something health related )- they said something to the effect (whatever it was won't work) "you believe anything" - I think you can try things (action) without necessarily believing in them just to see if they work for you. One example was I told someone I was going to stop wearing contact lenses and glasses and improve my vision - they thought no way - can't be done - that's crazy - my vision did not improve in the way I thought it would in actual diopters? but my vision quality did improve - I now can drive at night without fear and i have better depth perception and colors are richer etc etc... so yes improvement but not in the way I imagined - this was before awareness of the sun reentered my life (pre-JK) - i am still holding the thought of improvement as I learn more... I don't have to believe any of it - I can just do...

I love reading about others experience here and glad people are trying out for themselves different things - but this whole process seems like such an "alone" experience - this n-1 -i am glad that i can talk about it here

Have a good day!

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    drezy likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Well you surely have moxie. Says the hypomanic to the lipomanic.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Debntx and JanSz like this.
  14. Debntx

Debntx New Member

observation about clouds obscuring my view of am sun - can't complain really - because I live in a ok place for am sun - counting blessings instead

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  15. Debntx

Debntx New Member

i know that my D3 has increased alot lately - last test 66 ng/dl - and probably next test will be higher (some time in June)

if i can make D3 at all - is *THIS* the good sign to tell its "sulfated" D3 - is there such thing as *NON* sulfated D3 - if you don't want to tell me - just direct me

edit: removed comment on shoes - just something i thought at that moment -

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

I saw that comment. I think if you set up your regular environment (footwear is part of that) you should test it electrically (and EMF) instead of assuming that it's a good setup.

Most supplements are non-sulphated, non water soluble, and don't end up being delivered by efficient D binding protein.

Oral vs sun based D
    or
    lipoprotein dependency vs D Binding protein delivery

Start from 23 minutes in if you want a running start.

Along with loads more, Jack points out that un-sulfated D (only fat soluble) requires a really great working digestive system. This is the same with every fat soluble vitamin supplement (DEA&K).
    https://www.jackkruse.com/the-sunshine-of-your-life/

17. Debntx

Debntx New Member

ok i think i'm in the clear on vitamin D - all from the sun - no supplement - although i do eat vitalchoice salmon - nothing is mentioned about vitamin (hormone) D - i eat fat in my diet - i did wonder how i could increase vitamin D from 46 to 66 in 3 weeks - pretty cool - but with my vitamin deficiency b5 - i thought I might be messing up skin - i have white pots - seemingly devoid of melanin - very small spot -smaller than an eraser head on a pencil - but they were probably there pre-sun exposure but were revealed when i started getting my am and week end doses -

i did write something about clouds the other day - here is something i was wondering - chemtrails (no conspiracy theorist here) but are chemtrails (the kind that dissipate very slowly but spread first)- can they act how a window acts to block the sun? meaning block certain frequencies of sunlight in a way that could be negative - this vs real clouds

the idea of minerals - transmutation - (in the body - using sun?)-meaning if you lack - the body can substitute or change a mineral you do have to accomplish a goal/process in a cell - i haven't read it exactly like here but somewhere i saw a comment that this may occur - i don't believe it but that's irrelevant- it's an idea that is interesting if it could happen - maybe Jack has written on this already

more reading of course - since i just started this process my brain is still trying to comprehend what I'm even reading - not a criticism of myself - just the way it is

just working on light water magnetism - will eventually get to CT - my water sources are city water - i am working on an idea of spot CT - bowl of ice water and a towel - drench towel and maybe some ice and place in two spots one around my neck and the other recommended place - some artery close to the skin in the groin? shortcut CT? - every time i listen about CT - i think its something that would really benefit me

thanks

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am eating direct B5.
    Will test in about 3 months.

19. drezy

drezy Gold

The simplest questions dive down to the most fundamentals (and the coolest) of science (that aren't usually taught). Elements and molecules absorb certain frequencies of light you can start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraunhofer_lines . Even If I spray misted water above your head I would be "blocking" certain frequencies of light.

CT is effectively magnetism. Doc lays out how best to begin CT. CT has helped all 3 of us in our house with unrelated issues.

20. Debntx

Debntx New Member

@JanSz I would be very interested in your results - hope it works

attached is photo example of spot - didn't know if this is related to my vitamin b5 deficiency or something else - if anyone has an idea - shoot

i have them on my arms mostly and on my lower legs but they seem to be on my knees as well - a dermatologist would just say "age" but that's an answer that doesn't suit me well enough - thanks