1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

optimal journal Debra

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Debntx, Feb 5, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This would be a pretty good test,
    but instead of acceptable laboratory values it have (typical USA) levels.
    The test was done before increased salmon consumption.
    Salmon consumption will increase EPA and DHA.
    And will supres AA.

upload_2017-3-27_10-47-35.png

2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Some of us have had a lot longer here, lurking is good, join in if and when you can. :cool:

Before getting caught up in fatty acid tweaking, look what a squirrel's cell membranes do after seasonal eating when the temperature drops - and it does it with what its got and without taking a supplement. ;) The environment a cell faces matters. Have you read Reality 5? Worth doing the quiz ... I am already well over 50 so won't get a point for that, and I wouldn't fast if I was leptin resistant, but there may be some low hanging fruit, and a few things to explore in your own time. :)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/understanding-hibernation/

3. Debntx

Debntx New Member

Yes Sue agree

I did read reality 5 - march 8 - I commented- that's how I know - reading that made me think about other things- I need to look at in my environment.

Thanks so much

squirrels and probably bears too but have not checked/googled

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Sue-UK likes this.
  4. Debntx

Debntx New Member

ok, i did receive my thermometer - messed up this time but got it down now

i actually got up and walked into another room before realizing - then went back and sat on my bed - first reading 96.33F then for grins second reading 97.21F
    so my guess would be that it was lower when i first awoke - i will do it correctly next time -

what time period would be adequate to be of value? week? month? 3 days?

also, ordered spectracell telomere test (curious) and MNT - will post when i receive results

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

First learn how how the thermometer works.
    Keep the position and location always the same.

96.33F or 97.21F are both low.

You want 36.6C=97.88F

If it is lower than that, it is a reason for many problems.
    One is weight gain.
    Some, many in USA, say that actually 37C=98.6F is the right body temperature.
    Anyhow, you are low on temperature.

......[​IMG]

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Image586.jpg ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Would be interesting to do it for a few days to see if there's a trend. If its a trend then the question is why ....

One possibility is that photon emission increases during a rising temperature .... (Light in Shaping Life, Van Wijk). I'd be asking myself if its actually my inner doctor at work conserving photons (like an emergency hibernation) until the environment my cells face is better. Back to light, water, magnetism .... ? :)

8. Debntx

Debntx New Member

sue, yep back to light, water, magnetism

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  9. Debntx

Debntx New Member

not a lot to say but posting my spectracell MNT - interesting?

been doing basal temps - not very high- not very consistent - rarely over 97.1 if that except occasion 97.2 or 97.5 (once in a 2 week period) - i suppose my new normal? not sure what real meaning for me-

had telomere test done - not spectacular at all - i'm slightly below average

just working on my light, water etc...

Attached Files:

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Well, why do not you replace missing and borderline items.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CKTOYDW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Jarrow Formulas Pantethine, 450 mg
    3/day

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IAVRJ2S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

===================
    Are you eating already selenium and Lugols?

Low selenium= low thyroid=low body temperatures=low metabolism=down hill path

///////////////////////

11. Debntx

Debntx New Member

hey, i just got the test back last night JanSz.... :) (spectracell emailed my results to me)

i ordered pure encapulations version - hmmm maybe the jarrow is better... checking... edit: BOOM! ordered - maybe could explain high cholesterol since this nutrient definitely tanked

I am currently taking that brand of Selenium but its been recent that i started to take more regularly - that is why it's even what it is now... good for me - now i know...

i am taking Nature's way kelp - 2 capsules and 1/2 of iodoral but will go up to 1 tab - unless Lugols is the super best then i will get that. Isn't iodoral just lugols solidified in pill form and named Iodoral?

i can see that (down hill path)... yep... correction: i have been given a clue!!!

makes some sense in what i am currently experiencing healthwise - glad i took that test - now i don't have to wonder (as much)

Thank you JanSz!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I prefer the selenium I posted for two reasons.
    1. It gives me just right selenium level at 1/day
    2. When I reduced dose to 1/EOD Spectracell told me that 1 was short
    As long as you do Spectracell every 6 months, you will get your own results, just stay with one brand.

I prefer Lugols, specially the one I posted. My experience, you do not have to follow.
    Just make sure that you think of
    iodine PLUS potassium iodide
    not only of iodine
    ---------------------------------------

I am not sure about my suplement to raise my pantothenate
    There is variety of products, I tried some, so far none is satisfactory.
    I am talking of

pantethine
    pantetheine
    pantothenic acid

so if you find something helpful please let me know
    I tried already Pantothenic Acid, did not helped much including increased dose.
    Before that I tried something else, forgot what, but it was not helpful.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

13. Debntx

Debntx New Member

what i think is spectacular is vitamin d going from 46 to 66 (3-16-17 to 4-5-17) that's 20 points - 3weeks!

seems spectacular to me! means that my skin was thirsty for the sun! :)

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Easy on sunlight (at the beginning).
    You do not want to get burn.

Eat sources of sulfur and carotenes to provide building blocks.

15. Debntx

Debntx New Member

Of course, I don't burn apparently the way I've been doing it- incremental and when I can- always using Dminder app - so usually under an hour (definitely during solar noon) and when possible during or as close to solar noon to catch as much UVB as I can
    except when I can't during the work week

Good reminder about nutrients - i do add whole eggs to my coffee - so, a little sulfur in the am - weirdly good

Increase in Vitamin D levels from sun only- just goes to show me that it is possible in my zip code but this year was an excellent year temperature wise - not always so - but I do know even when it was colder (40F)- when I was protected from the wind I still felt warm - interesting to me

JanSz likes this.
  16. Debntx

Debntx New Member

just wondering....

i actually found another member's Spectracell MNT lab report and all our values are very similar and both of our labs showed a deficiency in Pantothenate -in fact, the same value - is this unusual - is there anyone who has a good lab level for pantothenate or is this deficiency more common than we think?

edit- bear in mind i just looked at one lab - i know there's a lot more out there :)

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The other way to look is to google
    Pantothenate spectracell
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Pantothenate spectracell&t=ffcm&atb=v61-2&ia=web

The is many finds.
    one of them:
    https://www.spectracell.com/clinici...r/online-library-mnt-vitamin-b5-pantothenate/
    Vitamin B5 (Pantothenate)
    General Information Sheet on Vitamin B5

Deficiency Symptoms:
    Pantothenate deficiency symptoms are thought to be uncommon because of widespread
    distribution in all foodstuffs. However, human deficiency symptoms may include:
    fatigue,
    depression,
    burning feet,
    dermatitis,
    burning or pain of arms and legs,
    anorexia,
    nausea,
    indigestion,
    irritability,
    mental depression,
    fainting,
    hair loss,
    increased heart rate, and
    susceptibility to infection

Anything familiar there?

18. Debntx

Debntx New Member

yes, there is...

in my case a lot of those symptoms - especially the hair loss (eyebrows especially), increased heart rate and its connection to cholesterol (unbalanced level in the high direction)- wow!
    add to that the stress that I felt/feel - explains a lot

and possibly a connection to my fainting spell last year - this deficiency didn't just happen overnight

edit: also, let me add gray hair to this as well- yes, i am over 55 but... more recently, started graying at a more rapid pace... hmmm.. interesting - especially, since i started my new job - correlation? so, i am going to say possible -

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

that was the "good" news. (possibly identifying the correct culprit).
    The bad is that I am still not sure if what I am using for raising Vitamin B5 (Pantothenate) up is actually working.

20. Debntx

Debntx New Member

well, i started last night with the pure encapsulations 500mg twice a day *and* i will be using the Jarrow Pantethine taken at a different time once or twice a day - one indicator for me will be that when I donate blood my cholesterol should be reduced - of course, this will not indicate repletion status but will retest Spectracell MNT at a future date - 6months? and hopefully that marker will move in a positive more healthy direction

hopefully i will feel well while doing this - not sure how my body will react to this new influx of B5 and b5 derivative

i also bought another brand by Seeking Health Pantothenic Acid (B5) which i will rotate/exchange in after my next blood donation while still taking Jarrow formulation - then retest (via blood donation in 8weeks) - not sure what will happen - not a very scientifically engineered plan but i just care about the results

from Spectracell paper: actually just read the "d" version of pantothenic acid is biologically active but more unstable-that is why calcium pantothenate usually found in supplements -also interesting the possibility that our gut microbiome might be a contributing factor towards B5 - something else to look at

also from that same article saw that using ascorbic acid (i would would vitamin C powder) is possibly b5 sparing (taken from a couple of rat studies) - consider that maybe add a gm or 2 - unless you alrdy use that alrdy?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017