1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

optimal journal Debra

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Debntx, Feb 5, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Debntx

Your height?
    Are you menstruating?
    If yes, what day was it?

2. Debntx

Debntx New Member

5' 4"

Last cycle at feb 2014 - so menopausal

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hi Debra;

age= 57 menapausal
    Last cycle at feb 2014 - so menopausal
    weight 180 (177)
    height 5'-4" so, desirable weight=130#

use of sperti during coldest month my vitamin D went from 40ng/ml 46ng/ml
    --------------------------------------

Very high cholesterol
    not making much Steroid hormones

Homocysteine=7.3umol/L(0-15)
    HgA1c=5.6(4.8-5.6)
    TotalTestosterone=20ng/dL(3-41)
    FreeT=1.4pg/mL(0-4.2)
    Progesterone=0.2ng/ml
    Estradiol=<5pg/mL
    DHEAs=161.5ug/dL(29.4-220.5)
    CRP,cardiac=2.93(0-3)

Hgb=11.2(11.1-15.9)----------
    MCH low
    MCHC low

TSH=1.62

Vit D=46.5(30-100)-------------

==================================================================

Without much of other testing your
    Progesterone=0.2ng/ml
    Estradiol=<5pg/mL
    both are very low.
    You could supplement both, starting with both.
    Working on both is important.
    Doctors often prefer to start with estradiol and newer get to progesterone,
    if you would have no choice,
    start with progesterone
    It would be better to also test Estrone and Estriol
    but
    if you have some difficulties with getting those tests
    I estimate that your estrone may be ok or close to ok because you have decent DHEAs.

Goals
    progesterone,serum=(15-20)ng/mL (so tested in serum)
    estradiol,serum=(100-150)pg/mL (so tested in serum)

It may be as simple as
    200-300mg Prometrium/before bed (for progesterone)
    Estrogen ??

You are going to face choices maintaining your hormonal protocol.
    With doctor, without doctor
    no tests just going by how you feel
    with blood tests ordered by doctor, ordered over internet
    with blood spot tests that can be ordered by doc or bought over the counter
    with urine tests

some supplementation does not show in serum
    some supplementation does not show in saliva

some supplementation is cheaper to buy over internet

mess
    mess mess

lets ask some ladies here for their experience and suggestion
    =================================================================

Very likely you have number of other problems, otherwise you would have perfect cholesterol

Having no choice, but it is usually easier to deal with higher than lower cholesterol.

I note low Hgb=11.2(11.1-15.9)
    hopefully you love lots of liver (usually liver, onions, butter are delicious)(for me)

I suggest that you do this two tests. (may be three, maybe four)
    ------
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    done at LabCorp or Mayo Clinic
    ------

Micronutrient Test (MNT)
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    --------------------------------

Usually cortisol test is important at this point,
    but
    lets worry about that after you are in full swing with your
    progesterone/estradiol program

As usual
    light is #1
    light timing
    light variety of frequencies
    light amount
    natural vit D of over 100

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. Debntx

Debntx New Member

thank you for your analysis and suggestions

tried some US Wellness grassland beef liverwurst - is that liver enough? because it's actually very tasty - i saute some onions to go with it - used epic duck fat - just tried it once but now will get some out of the freezer.
    i will add - i am a blood donor and last donation was 1-29-17 - what do you think about the herbal supplement Floradix?

i did not have the usual hot flashes or other major typical symptoms while in this transistion - that a lot of women report - so far so good anyway -
    libido did take a dip - actually getting fractionally better -in the last month i would say -since my exposure to more sun- enough to notice :) Does anyone have experience with vitamin E capsules? Unique E in particular?

my vitamin D had been around 50-60 ng/ml for the last 5 yrs that i supplemented - but i dropped all supplementation of vit D end of last year and vit D went down to 40 ng/ml
    i get am sun exposure- then at breaks/lunch at work - i even get to see the sun set - won't be for long but timing is right for now-so get various frequencies - not very long at a time but a little bit

i have reservations about taking/using hormones but heck i may have to breakdown and do it - i just don't want to supplement - i have a fear of making any conditions (unknown) worse especially when dealing with hormones

i know i need to read more but if someone told that cold thermogenesis would help me make more hormones - i would do it! My thought process was that AM sun exposure would assist greatly but i need to do some tweaking apparently and definitely get more time behind me in this area - i don't think i should expect that positive change is a fast process - slow is probably more like it

i have a digital thermometer - will use that for now to track basal temp

i had a omega 3/6 test done by vital choice - looking for those results to post - i think i was a level "6" - should be a better ratio maybe now since i do eat more wild salmon - 5 times a week

i am kind of wondering about the cholesterol thing- maybe i am causing it with my bulletproof coffee - has kerry gold butter/mct (c8?) and added egg yolks in recent months (made no difference to total)-part of my day i truly love
    although is was on the high side previous to beginning - just not as high as it is now -

although i am insured - i have no primary doctor so will have to order any tests online - not impressed with type of care received or that recommendations were based on sound principles-don't want to be part of the system any longer but keep
    because of my youngest still at home. funny, the company i work for boasts a robust insurance plan - well, you know why right? it has to be! a lot of sick people to take care of that work for them - in their artificial lit environments/habitats-and its not changing very soon - i am trying to make it to retirement - 4-8 years away at least - will do what i have to do though in the meantime - just want to be somehow smarter about it

jib likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you figure out a natural way of your
    progesterone-estradiol

hole
    without supplementation,
    I am all ears. Please make sure to let me know how you did that.
    -----------------------
    Unless you have massive natural sunlight available it is not going to be easy to get good vit d levels.
    See results of my hack here:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4
    Start with:
    Edit 3/24/2017

------------------------

It is going to be hard to get
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    without script.
    Please let me know how if you figure it out.

9. Debntx

Debntx New Member

ok- well, my last vitamin D test was done in December - I live in TX and it's not as great as near the equator - we have UV year around - except of course its very cold depending on the time of year - this years been an exceptional year that allowed me to get out more - since i also recognized that just because its 40F or a little lower - i can still go outside and get some sun - raised vitamin D 6 points in 3 months without supplementation - and that's with irregular/nonscheduled/lucky times

I know no way out of the progesterone-estradiol hole - so, its that bad?.......people /myself just get used to feeling the way they do/they don't realize how deep they are....

which lab draws the spectracell mnt - do they use lab corp? or?

Fatty Acid profile comprehensive C8-c26 Serum - is that the complete name that is recognized by most labs or does it go by another name?

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

which lab draws the spectracell mnt - do they use lab corp? or?

order test using this:
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    to find blood draw place use this:
    https://www.spectracell.com/patients/get-tested/

--------------------------------------------------------
    This whole line must be written on script.
    Fatty Acid profile comprehensive C8-c26 Serum

month before test keep steady diet
    do blood draw 9-12 hr fasting
    //

11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Debntx, have you read reality 8? what is your intuition telling you? ;)

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Take a second look.
    Accuracy of +-0.2 F
    two digits after decimal point

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

14. Debntx

Debntx New Member

Sue,
    my intuition is telling me I might be correct in not wanting to supplement (hormones) at this time?
    i just read the article - i am sure i haven't digested it yet but that is my thinking at this moment in time.
    It's kind of a good news of sorts and kind of exciting - am i totally wrong?

not sure why my iron / ferritin is so low - except that i do donate blood on a regular basis - maybe i should hold off on that?

edit: i will reread reality 8

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Debra ....have you read Jack's last blog? Reality #8

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

sorry - I just saw Sue's and your comment on reality #8

17. Debntx

Debntx New Member

i think i am a candidate for iron supplementation for the temporary - anyone have experience with floradix or a reason i should not use

i already purchased a bottle - its in my fridge just waiting for me - floradix and eat plenty of liverwurst with 0nion

maybe borderline anemia is the reason my eyebrows are disappearing?

also, with all that cholesterol - seems like i would have beau coup the hormones right?

again, will reread reality #8

18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

If you find it kind of exciting - join the Klub. :D
    Caroline has started a thread in the cave on reality 8, :cool:.

19. Debntx

Debntx New Member

JanSz,
    here is that fatty acid test i took in Dec - not sure if those values are found on this test - is this comparable? - if so, this was done w/o script
    this time period before i upped my wild salmon consumption a bit - i will add that vitamin d'action is in the processing of possibly adding a similar option or maybe they have done it already - not sure about when

Attached Files:

20. Debntx

Debntx New Member

Sue,
    that sounds like a great idea -
    first, i am not as knowledgeable about any subject found here - not sure my ability to contribute to the conversation - although i find "me" a fascinating subject - so curious about me right now...lol
    maybe when things settle down here - at the job - i will be able to more focus on learning more and become a contributing member
    i will prolly "lurk" the thread

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017