1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Optimal is a choice: Kris' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by kris90, May 11, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Wow!

2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

How about building your own cenote? Hard to tell how ‘real’ this is, but fascinating nonetheless.

3. Solidsilverteeth

Solidsilverteeth New Member

If you can find some real raw unpasteurised honey then you have found a Real treasure.

My father has 150 colonies, and never heat treats above 40 degrees. This is just enough to stop crystallisation but not enough to kill goodness.

He never filters at all, yes there may be some bee legs and things in, but this is the good stuff, even bee venom is extremely good for you.

Even the best honey in the world is 95% sugar, but it's the other 5% that is soooo good for you.

But if it's heat treated and filtered then the goodness is mostly gone.

Phosphene, recoen and kris90 like this.
  4. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

ya i have no problem finding raw unpasturised in my area. the problem is that its all contaminated by the bees visiting local farms. neonicanoids and glyphosate.

Solidsilverteeth likes this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

Hunger4More and Solidsilverteeth like this.
  6. kris90

kris90 New Member

Kind of a cool biohack I'll share:

Since Vermont, I've been focusing more on getting out and being social with people. This has required me to be out in more blue light (especially in the evening) and EMF, eating and drinking beyond sunset and also just eating a lot more calories than usual and running on less sleep.

During these situations, I focus all my energy and attention on embracing and cherishing the moments and the laughs with good company while completely ignoring the environmental stressors I'm faced with. I have also been practicing mastering my breathing, especially in these situations and creating a sense of calmness.

Note: I'm still waking up seeing the sunrise, spending hours in the sun in my Kiniki, wearing my blue blockers, and swimming in my pool (CT), and on days I stay in, I go to bed just past sunset.

What have I found? I have been happier, enjoying life more, more easy going and less uptight, more fun to be around (so I've been told), being more present, more patient, less desire/cravings for food, and I've lost about 3 lbs.

7. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

The key is to keep the circadian rhythm up and don't stress no matter what happens. Thank for sharing bro. I am experiencing the same. Keep it up!!

kris90 and Solidsilverteeth like this.
  8. kris90

kris90 New Member

Coincidentally my main focus has been on relationships for the past few months in my health journey, so of course I'm loving that Jack has shifted his focus to this as well. Things happen for a reason I guess!

I really enjoyed the first blog in the new series. Here are some of my own insights:

People mistaken my good traits for bad. I am extremely passionate and encourage people to do good for themselves. I appear too intense and overwhelming to most people which pushes them away especially when they do not have a clear view of my intentions. I want the world to “wake up” to reality and face the truth so we can make it a better place for us now and future generations (i.e. for our kids).

The “low dopamine” people don’t seem to care and want to continue down their paths of destruction. They can’t handle the truth and don’t want to hear or know it. They can’t stand to face the fact that their lifestyle is destroying them. They will never see what I see or believe it until they raise their own dopamine. This requires AM sunlight, CT, spending ALONE time in nature and limiting blue light and EMF, which no one wants to do.

When your dopamine is low, you make poor choices, and you need more excitement and chase “highs” in your life. Drinking excessive coffee, or alcohol or taking other drugs like weed or opiates is a strong sign of low dopamine. Partying irresponsibly and doing things to CLOUD your own reality and mask pain is another sign, and unfortunately, this just leads to even lower levels of dopamine overtime. The less time you spend sober and with your ownself discovering who you are in nature, the longer it will take to get to a better place and understand your purpose in this life.

Even when your environment is good, being around people who are blue lit toxic or have low dopamine and try to defy their own reality will directly impact your own wellbeing and cloud your judgment because these people steal your dopamine. If you are around kids all day long who have low dopamine because their parents environment is toxic, they will steal your dopamine. This will DULL your senses and emotions and make you crave excitement or substances in attempt to bring you up and cope. It is simply a vicious circle. The only way out is to spend time in NATURE alone, and protect yourself from blue light, EMF and toxic people, even though you may have a hard time saying no to them.

If you become one of these low dopamine people, you will also hurt those around you such as your spouse, kids, co-workers, friends and any other loved ones. You MUST take care of YOU first in order to have a positive impact on someone else’s life. That is the illusion of being selfless; you must be selfish first in order to give the best version of YOU to those you love and care about, otherwise they will suffer, and you will blame yourself for it. On the contrary, if people react poorly to your “bad energy”, you will perceive them as bad people and want to distance yourself from them, when in reality, they are good people with good intentions but were affected negatively by your bad energy and low dopamine status. You CANNOT blame others for their reactions, but you can choose to become resilient to them.

When our dopamine and redox is low, we do not act or react appropriately no matter what. We will continue to put the blame on others for our own hurt when in this low dopamine state and this causes resentment which is nothing but a false emotion of blame toward another when in reality, every feeling an emotion comes from our OWN reaction to our environment and the people around us.

When our dopamine and redox is high, we choose to not become hurt by others, because we recognize our true self and good intentions. None of us our bad people, but in a low dopamine state, our paranoia increases, and when we feel hurt by others, we view their intentions as negative.

When we truly love someone, it is because we established a deep connection with them at one time that was and is real. Especially when you meet someone in nature, face to face where you can sample their energy and connect deeply with their soul. As time goes on, if redox and dopamine levels go down due to a poor environment, the love never truly goes away, but poor judgment and hurt can overcome the relationship. Again, we act and react poorly when our dopamine status is low, and we aren’t truly ourselves. This creates a massive problem with love, because love does not go away easy, despite harsh words or actions being committed against one another, because that love is TRUE and everlasting. But things will never improve in this low dopamine state, because one is not acting in their true self, the person the other fell in love with. As a result, we continue to allow us to hurt each other, and technically the best thing to do in that situation is to separate, the TRUE love is still there, and although the bond gets weaker with this collateral damage, it still remains even by a thread.

Separating is a plausible solution, but it is also the easy way out, and you can never escape love. So while it may end the stress and hurt, the real solution is to rebuild the redox and bring dopamine levels back up. This requires strategic lifestyle changes as mentioned above. It means being in nature, avoiding unnatural environments and eliminating toxic people from your life, no matter how close your connection is with them. Most people are not willing to do this, but it’s the only true way to save a marriage.

Most of us focus on outer appearances first and foremost when it comes to finding a mate, and this is because our society is shallow. I believe this is tied to dopamine status. With low dopamine, we perceive people from the outside primarily. When our dopamine status is high, we are able to read the energies and frequencies within our mate’s soul, and if those frequencies resonate with us, we establish a deep connection and become entangled in true love. This connection is required to make a relationship last. If the relationship is built on the premise of outer appearance, it is an artificial force of attraction with no true meaning. These relationships will not last, because our true self is within our soul or the invisible energy within our bodies and not our physical bodies themselves.

We can never improve our health if we are surrounded by others with low dopamine and low redox especially our partner. Low dopamine individuals as mentioned will use “quick fixes” to function and get by which only exasperates the problem. This will lead them down an unhealthy path, and if you associate yourself with this type of person, they will drag you down the path and reverse your progress toward optimal health.

The life I once lived as an ill, low dopamine man consisted of using alcohol, drugs and late night partying with friends to cope. Once I learned the correct way to improve my dopamine status, I maintained that path. I cannot have a partner who continues down the path that kept me ill. I must be selfish and keep on my own path, because it is the only path to sustainable health and happiness. Anything that gets in the way of my path will immediately cause me to react poorly to defend myself. This will give others the perception that I am selfish and careless, when in reality, I am simply protecting my dopamine status. We are the protectors of our OWN health and happiness. No one can control that in YOU. You have to own up to that responsibility and stop blaming others for your own unhappiness. If you do not love yourself, you will never FEEL loved from others. It is no one elses fault.

In order to discovery yourself and truly love yourself, you must spend time alone, in nature. Going on an overnight camping trip by yourself without using substances gives you the benefit of raising your own dopamine, and learning a lot about yourself. When you rely on yourself and no one else even for a brief 24 hour period, you learn to appreciate the things you can do for YOU. You are forced to entertain yourself. You are forced to take care of yourself and fend for yourself. You are forced to survive on your own in nature. You are forced to think good thoughts. You are forced to provide yourself happiness. You are forced to think about who you truly are and what your purpose is. You are forced to love yourself. Once you get to this state, you will know everything you have to offer your loved ones, and bring them the best version of YOU!

Refusing to give yourself this opportunity of a lifetime will result in continuing to mask your own pain and hurt and this will blind you to your own reality and leave you confused about who you are and what you have to offer this world. This will frustrate you, and you will take it out on others who do not deserve it.

You are responsible for your own decisions and that includes your own feelings. If you react poorly to someone’s words or actions, it was still YOUR choice. You can choose to let words of daggers hurt you, or you can become strong enough to overcome them. The best way to do this is to know and love your true self, then you can choose to disbelieve what others say. This requires a high dopamine status.

You cannot choose your parents or family. But you can choose your friends. Despite what you may think, you can also choose to cut ties with a family member who is toxic. Give them time and space for them to find their ownself, and once they do, you will find your tolerance to them improves.

It is better to seek friends and relationships with individuals who have found themselves as you will be able to have that true connection. If you have not yet found your ownself, you need to spend more time alone to do so first before you seek lasting friendships or relationships.

The last paragraph I wrote above applies to this statement as well.

Again a low dopamine state would cause us to feel stuck in an emotion and this creates toxicity in any relationship. When we recover our redox and dopamine levels, we begin to think better and act appropriately allowing us to side step these emotional traps, especially dealing with resentment.

The energy you give out tends to be the energy that finds you. This is why women who are insecure and “doll” themselves up are only masking their true identity. This negative energy is sensed by a man of similar low dopamine status who also has insecurities and tends to treat women as objects, because they are stuck in the “attraction” = love paradigm. With low dopamine, they are unable to dig deeper for that connection of the soul and this causes inappropriate behavior. An example of this is sex without meaning. Anyone can have sex, but the true connection is one that is quite deep and most low dopamine individuals can never experience that deep connection.

As mentioned, your level of maturity and intelligence will depend upon who you can attract. If you are in a low dopamine state, you will only attract others of the same level and this will only bring you down further, or prevent you from personal growth. And unfortunately, others who would have the potential to bring you up will not be attracted to you, because they must protect their own dopamine status. The solution again is to connect with yourself in nature to raise your dopamine and level of self awareness. Personal growth can only come from yourself, and this will be required of you to attract the best mate.

9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

So well thought out Kris. Having just moved and knowing no one here we are very isolated as a family. Working on our redoxes and basking in the dopamine. It will be new and interesting to see how we make new friends in this place.

Cindy Domitrovits and kris90 like this.
  10. kris90

kris90 New Member

It's tough for sure. There's very few friends I actually get anything out of from being around. I've learned to be OK with that. As long as I have my family (wife and 2 children).

The problem becomes when we are 100% onboard, but our spouse does not protect their own dopamine status from others. It can shift the entire dynamic. It's very sobering to know the truth about our world today, and for me it's easy and I'm all in, but I understand how difficult it is to face that reality for most people.

Cindy Domitrovits likes this.
  11. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

You mentioned in the other thread: "But maybe I simply need to work on having the ability to give time and space while still being committed?"

There's so many factors right? I will terminate relationships that are destructive and abusive, but if the other person is destructive to themselves and I can hold my own boundaries to give time and space and still be there if they choose to come back to me then I can still be committed. The commitment looks different in each situation. Commitment to a current (lost) friendship of mine is that I don't burn the bridge and am willing to receive true friendship if that person ever really wants it again. I can't make that person well or make them want the beauty and intimacy of friendship. It makes me sad that they are in such a crappy place, but it doesn't affect ME like it would if I was low redox/low dope. I'm still me doing what I've always done and ready and willing to engage (in healthy relationships.) And in turn, a friendship of mine that was difficult from the beginning when we were introduced 4 years ago has recently THRIVED and I wouldn't have wanted to miss that for the world. It took a lot of practice along the way of me doing what I need to do for me and taking space when I needed it, but I set the best example for my friend and she is so grateful. People are my jam, gathering people is my jam... we're not all made that way, but I can't and shouldn't deny that part of me. So then a lot depends on how you are made and what your calling is.

As for spouses... I find it hardest when they don't protect their own dopamine status from themselves! But then... his n=1 is not mine and his journey is not mine even though we entangle. The byproduct of our recent decision to move our family is that he has a job that enables him to soak up more sun and he's committed to helping me get well. It's a continual process here.

kris90 likes this.
  12. kris90

kris90 New Member

For sure! I'm having an easy time with friends. They know I'm always here for them, but it's very easy for me to give them space and focus on improving my ownself.

Spouses is a whole different ballgame. I feel the blue light/EMF toxicity from others, so if a spouse chooses not to make wise choices in their own outings, I feel directly impacted as if I was exposed to the same damaging frequencies. I feel my own melanopsin/retinol bond being broken and melatonin being destroyed, and then I become the person I know I am NOT truly. Spouses are supposed to bring out the best in us, or atleast have a neutral affect. We should be able to be the best we can be based on our own decisions and ability to use nature to raise redox and dopamine status, but if a spouse is negatively affecting our ability to do so, to me, it does not feel worth it. Whether they are our soulmate or not. So I'd like to be able to give time and space, but the problem is if I'm being indirectly zapped because of a spouse making unwise choices in their environmental exposures, substance usage and circle of 6, I can't help but feel trapped...

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I feel so heartbroken for everyone here who is struggling with these issues. I am incredibly lucky to have had an extremely supportive and loving and kind DH. He supported me 150% and I guess, upon looking back, he always put me first - as I did with him.

I can fully understand when Jack says we have to love ourself first - before someone else can.

After my DH passed I was in a black hole for awhile ......but I did climb out of it and got me lots of sun and sand and sea. I think it probably took me about 18 months to become fully functioning and become a whole person again. It is definitely baby steps to move forward.

But, of course, I had jackkruse.com! I took on board everything Jack said and I did eventually blossom.

I can't imagine being with someone who isn't fully supportive. It would be soul destroying.

Our job, as I see it, Is to strive to reach OUR full potential and live our life to the max. Another person, who joins our circle of six has to want all that for themselves and for us too. I could not be with someone who wouldn't strive to be their very best and who doesn't support me to be my very best.

My relationship now is so intense and so full of love and we are committed to being the best we can be for ourselves and each other.

There are fireworks tho!

Marriage is not an easy gig .....but I do think both people have to be on the same page.....at least most of the time.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Phosphene, WalterNL, kris90 and 3 others like this.