1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Optimal is a choice: Kris' Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by kris90, May 11, 2017.

1. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Hi Antonis, I'm experimenting with pure baobab oil now, which I put just a small amount of on my face and neck in the evening and then I mist my MB mixture of 1/2 cup of distilled water to 6 drops of MB on my face and gently massage it into my face and neck.

I'm no longer using the coconut oil or the jasmine when I am out in the sun, just the MB mist that I make. I don't want anything on my skin that will prevent me from harvesting the sun.

My suggestion for making your own CO, Jasmine and MB is to start with 1/2 cup of the CO, use about 6 or 7 drops of the MB and gradually add the jasmine oil drops to see how you like the scent. :) I like to use it after I shower in the summer, when I am done with sun exposure for the day and it won't hinder my sun harvest. I don't use CO for anything in the fall and winter though, because I am in Michigan and that's a mismatch for me.

Also, Jack recently mentioned absorbing oil through the skin and how it can be a problem with weight issues, too much fat absorbtion. So, I suggest that anyone with weight issues to use caution here.

2. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Hey, thank you so much!! How to you massage the 1/2 cup of water with MB on your face. Do you use
    the whole mixture every time you do it?

3. kris90

kris90 New Member

Just got my morning sunrise and CT. Stood outside without a jacket, hat, or gloves gazing toward the sun in -25 C (-13 F) for 15 mins.

How's that for starting my day? Canadian winter FTW!

Danco3636 and Cindy Domitrovits like this.
  4. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Damn that's real CT.

Cindy Domitrovits and kris90 like this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

I love how weird I am to the average person. Must be the dopamine.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Russians on South Pole got you beat.
    I found another place to get CT and the simultaneously. https://t.co/1K8VvuLs0k
    The Soviet team member on 1990 Antartica sled expedition did this every morning in subzero usually nude.

Anne V, drezy and Cindy Domitrovits like this.
  7. kris90

kris90 New Member

Haha, I'll have to step up my game.

drezy and Cindy Domitrovits like this.
  8. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Ya growing a thick russkie beard wouldnt hurt either.

drezy, kris90 and Cindy Domitrovits like this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Kris coming up and telling the audience about his first experience with me on stage in Vermont 2018.

[​IMG]

shiran, WalterNL, kris90 and 2 others like this.
  10. kris90

kris90 New Member

Thanks for having me up there Jack!

Cindy Domitrovits likes this.
  11. kris90

kris90 New Member

Wow it's been a while! My winter went well and I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation now. I had added carbs back into my diet a little bit earlier this month, but have not been consistent, and kind of flip-flopped back and forth from high carb to low carb, and have now been experiencing some massive headaches. I think my meal timing has been suboptimal especially transitioning into the spring where the UVI has now reached 6 and I've been basking nude in the sun for hours on end.

Typically I fast until about noon where I have a seafood meal with nuts and dark chocolate, then my big dinner around 5 PM which has some carbs.

I think I may have thrown my body for a loop, so I have a new plan:
    -Eat a moderate protein/fat, high sugar breakfast within 30 mins of rising (i.e. some fruit, honey, etc)
    -Fast throughout the day and get as much AM sun as possible
    -Eat a high protein/fat, low carb dinner at 5 PM

I'm hoping this will help mitigate the headaches. I think my brain needs a good glucose dump in the early AM, and less carbs later in the day to now transition into summer. Another thought about this was my recent T panel:

LH: 0.9 IU/L (1.0-9.0)
    FSH: 3.9 IU/L (1.0-19.0)
    Estradiol: 39 pmol/L (40-160)
    Testosterone Total: 11.6 nmol/L (6.1-27.1)
    Testosterone Free: 171 pmol/L (110-660)
    Testosterone Bioavailable: 4.0 nmol/L (2.8-15.5)
    SHBG: 52 nmol/L (13-89)

These numbers definitely show me I'm still in the cold-adapted winter mode, and I think now that I'm basking in stronger UV, and the days are getting quite long, I believe I need more glucose to drive the GnRH pulses to release more testosterone.

I wonder if not eating enough carbs in the summer (i.e. the 24/7 keto whores) end up with leptin resistance on the other end of the spectrum? A lot of athletes who overtrain and undereat end up with hypogonadism and hypothyroidism and even adrenal fatigue (mind you most of them are blue light toxic and live around a lot of nnEMF).

My last experiment with adding significant quantities of glucose back to my diet was that my T levels rose substantially as did LH, and my SHBG levels dropped. I think those results are the bodies normal response to a summertime environment on a higher carb template.

Thoughts anyone? I moreso want these headaches to go away. My theory is a lack of dietary glucose.

12. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I just think if you were in equator you would eat fruits and being connected to the nature. So I guess what you are about to do with the available source of sugar there is wise. I believe as summer is coming there nature provides the sugars intentionally.

kris90 likes this.
  13. kris90

kris90 New Member

Ya, I think the program is changing. All my research pre-Jack Kruse was very mixed: keto/low carb and fasting had benefits, but a lack of sugar could cause fertility issues and adrenal fatigue (i.e. leptin resistance). What the research was missing was that each diet only has benefits in the RIGHT environment.

I think eating keto 24/7 on blue light and nnEMF could be somewhat comparable to eating keto 24/7 in strong sunlight and long light cycles. It's a mismatch, and we do need some carbs in long light cycles (NATURAL of course) and higher UV.

14. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Most of the wild honey is contaminated with pesticides and glyphosate. Theres only one brand I know of at the moment who tests for pesticide residue. Beekeepers naturals.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/5/...ntamination-honeybees-pollinators-environment
    Maybe maple syrup is the better choice. although they are both D-Bombs I imagine.

15. kris90

kris90 New Member

Good to know. I love honey on toast lol...

Perfect. I stocked up on a big bottle of natural maple syrup, so maybe I'll do French toast for breakfast. I need the D bombs now I believe.

16. kris90

kris90 New Member

Here's an interesting paper on how hyperglycemia/metabolic syndrome/leptin resistance can induce secondary hypogonadism:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3893744

That would likely be one end of the spectrum. The other end of the spectrum would be anorexia:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3200238

A cold adapted mammal would likely appear to display similar blood levels on paper as an anorexic, but due to the effect of cold on receptors, no ill effects would be experienced. Maintenance of function, muscle mass, body composition, hunger, etc would be controlled appropriately.

17. kris90

kris90 New Member

More thoughts:

If the sunlight frequencies are getting stronger through my eye and SCN, I would assume I need to slow light down more to create hormones in the brain (i.e. GnRH, LH, FSH). That's probably where deuterium comes into play, meaning more glucose will be helpful as the solar power increases in my environment.

recoen likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please post your test results that support that statement.

19. kris90

kris90 New Member

Living cold-adapted on a high DHA, fasted ketogenic diet (February 2017):

LH: 3.0 IU/L (ref: 1.0-9.0)
    FSH: 2.0 IU/L (ref: 1.0-19.0)
    Estradiol: 60 pmol/L (ref: 40-160)
    Prolactin: 7 ug/L (ref: < 18)
    Total Testosterone: 6.8 nmol/L (ref: 6.1-27.1)
    Free Testosterone: 67 pmol/L (ref: 110-660) LOW
    Bioavailable Testosterone: 1.6 nmol/L (ref: 2.8-15.5) LOW
    SHBG: 84 nmol/L (ref: 13-89)

No symptoms. Decent libido, 10% bodyfat, lots of muscle mass.

30 days of eating more sugar/Ray Peat diet and stopping CT (March 2017):

FSH: 3.0 IU/L (ref: 1.0-19.0)
    Prolactin: 8 ug/L (ref: < 18)
    Total Testosterone: 21.0 nmol/L (ref: 6.1-27.1)
    Free Testosterone: 298 pmol/L (ref: 110-660)
    Bioavailable Testosterone: 7.0 nmol/L (ref: 2.8-15.5)
    SHBG: 61 nmol/L (ref: 13-89)

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-4-18_13-49-13.png

Now=April 18/2019
    [QU OTE="kris90, post: 268343, member: 19157"] Another thought about this was my recent T panel:
    LH: 0.9 IU/L (1.0-9.0)
    FSH: 3.9 IU/L (1.0-19.0)
    Estradiol: 39 pmol/L (40-160)=10.62pg/mL I suggest DEXA scans from time to time
    Testosterone Total: 11.6 nmol/L (6.1-27.1)
    Testosterone Free: 171 pmol/L (110-660)
    Testosterone Bioavailable: 4.0 nmol/L (2.8-15.5)
    SHBG: 52 nmol/L (13-89)[/QUOTE]

[QU OTE="kris90, post: 268371, member: 19157"]Living cold-adapted on a high DHA, fasted ketogenic diet (February 2017):

FSH: 2.0 IU/L (ref: 1.0-19.0)
    Prolactin: 7 ug/L (ref: < 18)
    Total Testosterone: 6.8 nmol/L (ref: 6.1-27.1)
    Free Testosterone: 67 pmol/L (ref: 110-660) LOW
    Bioavailable Testosterone: 1.6 nmol/L (ref: 2.8-15.5) LOW
    SHBG: 84 nmol/L (ref: 13-89)

No symptoms. Decent libido, 10% bodyfat, lots of muscle mass.

30 days of eating more sugar/Ray Peat diet and stopping CT (March 2017):

FSH: 3.0 IU/L (ref: 1.0-19.0)
    Prolactin: 8 ug/L (ref: < 18)
    Total Testosterone: 21.0 nmol/L (ref: 6.1-27.1)
    Free Testosterone: 298 pmol/L (ref: 110-660)
    Bioavailable Testosterone: 7.0 nmol/L (ref: 2.8-15.5)
    SHBG: 61 nmol/L (ref: 13-89)
    [/QUOTE]