1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Optimal Hormonal Levels

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by indigogirl, Apr 17, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Does anyone know where I can learn what the optimal levels for specific hormones are?

My GYN tests my hormone levels through blood work. It occurred to me that when she tells me where I am in a range, and that my levels are good, that her good may not be optimal!

2. Destiny

Destiny New Member

According to the book Matural Hormonal Balance by Uzzi Reiss, the test results is a good start but you need to include your symptoms of deficiency. He explains that each of us has an individual requirement for hormones. Some need higher levels of hormones other lower. Basically, he is saying you might be in the range but not doing well.

3. Clabbergirl

Clabbergirl New Member

I've not been able to find real ratios either, so hoping someone will enlighten us. I have the Reiss book and he does not give exact #s, or even a numerical range, relying more on symptoms. Helpful, but I'd like to have a numerical range to use along with my blood tests and symptoms together.

4. I got the following list from a post JanSz did on MDA. It was an attachment that looks like it came from a book but I don't know where. It's optimal levels not some random range levels from the lab. I believe this is a good starting point to what you are looking for:

FEMALES

Estrogen 250-437 pg/mL

Progesterone 6-28 ng/mL

Testosterone 60-76 ng/mL

DHEA-s 250-380 ug/dL

Pregnenolone 200-230

MALES

Estrogen

5. janagram

janagram New Member

Thanks for this...but there must be a difference according to one's age...but, good start.

6. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I want to be optimal.... not optimal for my age.

7. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

I believe those are Dr Dzugan`s ranges

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

my rule is the top quartile of the range.......my profession has not a clue about this......and then the ultimate arbitor......is how the patient feels regardless of the labs......because it could be a SNP issue......WHY? if you got a SNP you level does not matter in the blood or saliva because the a SNP affects receptor level binding.......Another place where CW can kill ya

9. Owl

Owl New Member

Does 23andme test for those hormone receptor SNPs?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

some SNPs will be found in the 23andme test.....the vitamin D receptor now has over 30 different snp issues where three yrs ago there was only 5.

11. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My doc just told me:"Your hormone levels are as low as expected for someone starting a menopause. When I asked to increase the hormone supplementation, her answer was that she wants me to stay safe with the lowest supplementation. She also told me that she would increase it only if I was totally miserable which I am not. My supplementation is indeed very low. I don't feel great but I also don't feel horrible.

12. Owl

Owl New Member

That's nice that your doctor's gonna keep you just shy of miserable!!

13. Destiny

Destiny New Member

LOL, you are right. All these medical encounters are so confusing. I know she cares but is stuck in her thing.

14. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

What is a SNP ?

15. Coriander

Coriander Silver