1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

"Optimal" East Coast Vacation Spot?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by BJK77, May 2, 2014.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

My DH has said he doesn’t think the plane ride to New Orleans would be a good idea for me. I tend to agree. He thinks I should spend a week in a pine forest in the Poconos. I’m considering this. I’m also considering trying to find something secluded at a beach where I can get fresh seafood, ground daily in the ocean and get some sunshine. I won’t be able to have any of those at the Poconos. The only good thing about that is I’d be much closer to home in case something were to happen with my health being so frail right now.

But, ultimately I think the beach is my best option right now. We want to find something that is in driving distance – 12 hours max, really. Most commercialized/tourist beaches now have wifi and are so congested they are not going to be low EMF areas. Does anyone know of any secluded beaches or homes that are secluded with easy access to a beach along the east coast? This is what I’m considering my last ditch effort. I need to try something to mix things up and see how I respond. I hate to leave my family, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I want to try just a week or two to see what kind of effect this has on my health.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

3. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

That looks amazing. Thanks so much Gretchen! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Its an amazing place to go on vacation... love it!

5. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Not sure DH will be able to go with me . . . would you feel comfortable there alone? That would be my only concern with camping.

6. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I think Jack needs to open up a clinic we can all go to for much needed restoration ;) Somewhere with all the necessary elements: electron dense food, sunshine, conifers, ocean for ground, etc, etc!!

SeaHorse, Lava, Tanya and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I am going to do that eventually in NOLA. I need to train docs first

8. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Upon arrival there, we will be greeted with a glass of red wine and a pair of sunblocker glasses. The facility will be maintained at 55F, with magnetico mattresses for some, the others could just stay at the beach 24/7, and no closet space will be needed - clothe is so inhibitive, considering we will be CT, tanning and grounding most of the time, anyway. Our meals coulld be served right on the spot - swallow your oysters quickly and drink your coherent water.:D

nicld and Shijin13 like this.
  9. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Jack how would one go about getting training through you? I am graduating next June and this is the type of medicine I want to get into. I am incredibly passionate about these issues. Any chance for some type of residency or preceptoring?

Shijin13 likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not sure.......it would have to be post graduate on your own time. That will make it tough. But as things decline in society......your skills will be more in demand.

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. All I wanna do is 'soak up the sun'

nicld and Shijin13 like this.
  12. Josh

Josh Gold

Maine, MDI or further north on the coast....try an island like Little or Great Cranberry, more further north. you can fly into Ellsworth/Bangor and head North. Nova Scotia up north on Cape Bretton. Bra D'Or Lakes are salt water with big crabs as I remember...Cabot Trail.....Fly into Sydney, NS

Lava likes this.
  13. Josh

Josh Gold

Good time of year for CT up there. Island off the coast is better because it is Black Fly season...

14. Josh

Josh Gold

MDI has good health food stores and great seafood, Hospital, alternative practitioners, lakes and ocean for CT. covered in conifers....on an island made of granite...

Tanya likes this.
  15. Josh

Josh Gold

12 hour drive....

16. Josh

Josh Gold

Healed me every time I went there....I miss it

17. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

We were in Maine last summer and loved it. Great suggestion. I'll definitely look into it. This is me being ignorant again, but heading north does scare me because of the potential for Lyme. I seem so damn sensitive to all these biotoxins and when I crashed last Fall I did have some sort of bite and ended up with a rash - a blood smear later showed parasites that I was told was Babesia, a lyme coinfection, so I do worry about that again, but oh how I LOVED Maine!

It is an easy drive too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Shijin13 likes this.
  18. Josh

Josh Gold

MDI has less Lyme and there are 50+ miles of carriage paths built by the Rockefellers to walk on plus many other trails without much brush. I am not sure how much Lyme's there is on the island. A lot of the park and coast is exposed rock period.

19. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

That's awesome to hear Josh. I never really researched it, but had been told by many friends that Maine (and obviously CT) had very high Lyme rates. I can't remember the name of the town we stayed in last summer, but it was very close to MDI. Fresh lobster daily was amazing! I kept thinking I needed to head south for sun, but right now too much sun is not good for me and I'm sure I can get just enough up north this time of year anyway. Maine is sounding better and better.

20. Josh

Josh Gold

Get a place with a good fireplace or stove where you can sit in front of an open fire naked for long periods. WHen the sun is too much, IR from a good fire is often quite nourishing. Get cold in the ocean and do IR from fire while eating seafood and drinking water. I like the "quiet" side of MDI over around Southwest Harbor. It may be early to get a rental, but some people open their houses around now.

http://www.mdivacationhomes.com/

Lava likes this.