1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Optimal Book Club?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by RiverNeighbor, Mar 15, 2012.

1. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Anyone interested in doing an online optimal book club? I'd like to read The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari and the Nick Lane book Dr. K mentioned in one of the blog comments and it would be great to discuss with other optimizers...

2. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I'd be interested. There are also some Paleo and Primal titles, as well as hormonal topics worth reading on the way to optimal.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm interested as well...especially now that I'm waiting on my kindle - so I can barrow books for free from amazon w/my prime account...

4. Coriander

Coriander Silver

I just got my copy of The Monk, now I just have to find the time to read it.

5. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I'm keen - let me know so I can get a copy from the library. Thanks.

6. Enkidu

Enkidu New Member

Count me in.

7. Groketteliveson

Groketteliveson New Member

Count me in.

8. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Let's do it! How about we read The Monk in April and then set up a calendar for other books that look good? That way we have time to get our hands on the books.

Not sure the best way to do it within the forums... maybe just break up the book into equal parts over the month (e.g., Week 1 = Chapters 1-4; Week 2 =Chapters 4-8; and so on..)? Then we could just have a discussion thread for each week... Other ideas on how to tackle?

If everyone throws out some book titles it looks like the forum will allow us to set up a poll. I'd be glad to compile and set up a poll... we can vote on books for the next couple months. Of course when Dr. K's book comes out I'll want to plunge into that right away, but I don't have a clue when that will be.

9. This sounds like fun!

10. rbu5@sssnet.com

rbu5@sssnet.com New Member

Oh, count me in! Love reading and discussing books :)

11. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I'm in, too! Just need to find time to read this book! FuN!

12. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Great idea! I've been reading too many health & nutrition books lately so the Monk would be a good diversion.

13. nhmlw

nhmlw New Member

This sounds fun... Count me in too!

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

count me in too

15. Amen on that. Count me in. I have a gazzilion of these on kindle - so if any are loanable im happy to loan. Kindle also has apps for computers and all phones - so you dont have to havea kindle.

16. I'm interested if you can loan the Monk book. What do we need to do?

17. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Okay, my Monk book is on the way!

Could someone who already has the book make a suggestion on how to break it up evenly into 4 sections?

I'm thinking if we break it up into sections to discuss that cold help reduce "spoilers"....

18. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Agreed! I'd love to join in too.

19. Ane

Ane New Member

Please include me as well. A virtual book club sounds fun!

20. AmyJ

AmyJ Silver

Me, too, please! The monk and his Ferrari are on their way--and hopefully will arrive soon!