1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Opsins Galore

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by John Nicholas, Sep 2, 2018.

1. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Just thinking out loud. I was sitting in post sunrise am sun. I now define this as UVA and IR light (Jansz - first question answered from my previous questions).

Given melanopsin in the eye and skin, and given UVA and IRA penetrates the skin and given the photon traps in they, would it not matter if your eyes are closed or not to obtain the same benefits of the UVA and IRA lights?

My goal is to keep my eyes open for two hours each morning. I look at the sunrise and sunset religously. After about 30 mins of being in the sunrsie (Vis + IRA), I make my breakfast. I go outside and eat in the sunlight and try to time it with UVA coming out. At times when I lay in the grass to get full exposure, I tend to naturally close my eyes and have to remind myself to open them. However, given the UVA and IRA light frequency penetration on the charts I see repeatedly in the Nourish 2017 and 2018 talks, I would think it shouldn't matter if your eyes are open or closed.

Lastly, is melanopsin the same strength in the skin as it is in the eye? Meaning, do you receive the same amount of IRA and UVA light from the skin that you do from the eye? I realize the eyes are a lot smaller than the sun. But just curious if anyone knows.

2. Allin

Allin New Member

You get more IRA and UVA from skin exposure. Through the eye at sunrise you help set the master clock (the one that has to run faster than all the others) in your head. I'm curious as to why you have set a goal to keep your eyes open for 2 hours in the morning?

3. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Dr. Kruse's orders. I have low Vitamin D for where I live (Arizona). Too much blue light (changed immediately) and I also found out I have a gene issue with my Vitamin A. He recommend, among other things I should do based on other issues i have, to watch the sunrise, the sunset and to get 2 hours of am (IR and UVA) light per day.

Allin likes this.
  4. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Administrator

Does anyone know if melanopsin is also found in hair?

Brent Patrick likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Hair is not a cell....it is an appendage of the cells in the skin which do have melanopsin.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy New Member

Review QT#19, especially the Hollwich studies, before you discount the eye as "small" and jump conclusions.

I'm in 2 -3hours of AM light 3-5 times a week and it reversed a SNP related issue I've had for 30 years as well as trimmed me down.

I'm not quite sure what the scientific term here is but I strongly suggest that if you have undies or tan-throughs on try to hang your nuts out the bottom to get AM light on them too for the duration.

Along with the hormone benefit I've had an epiphany on this. Think about how Doc shows us that as we age we need more light:
    28377815_2055022181228792_7558218707351284786_n.jpg
    So a reasonable corollary is that as you age your nuts need more sun. Take this a step further. Old men have ______ nuts.

Saggy, right? Their poor nuts are trying to do the right thing and get in the sun.

Just trying to do my part to raise your testosterone as well as raise awareness of SNS (saggy nut syndrome).

7. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

QT #!9 isn't coming up.Can you post the link? I should start referring to you as Drezypedia! Thank you very much!

8. drezy

drezy New Member

It's in the optimal klub blogs section and is currently the latest blog I think:

https://optimalklubs.com/blogs/

FWIW I occasionally have to log out and back in or else I'm not able to access all the content for whatever reason.

9. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Okay, I read this a few times. It doesn't really answer my question. And my question wasn't which one is better. It was this specifically:

"Given melanopsin in the eye and skin, and given UVA and IRA penetrates the skin and given the photon traps in they, would it not matter if your eyes are closed or not to obtain the same benefits of the UVA and IRA lights?"

Granted, eyes open are better (again, i'm assuming). However, if melaopsin is in the skin and UVA and IRA penetrate the skin, it shouldn't really matter, right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  10. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

"
    "I'm in 2 -3hours of AM light 3-5 times a week and it reversed a SNP related issue I've had for 30 years as well as trimmed me down."

How long did it take you to stay out for 2-3 hours 3 to 5 days per week? How long did it take you to reverse your SNP issue? I know we are all different and have our own issues. Just curious.

Given your saggy balls, it reminds me of this video:

drezy likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy New Member

Then why would Hollwich's blind patients have diverged so drastically? Eyes open are way better. You may get drowsy because first the first time in decades you are getting a nice NO dump.

One morning.

Somewhere between 2 and 5 months.

For the record my collagen and elastin seems alright. I thought about including that video. Looks like some of your thoughts are entangled with me now, sorry...

12. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Trust me. You didn't have to lead me there. I remember everything I see in a movie. I don't know why, but perhaps it's from a lack of sunlight for 50+ years.
    It also made me thing of this:

drezy likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy New Member

Roughly what latitude do you live at?

14. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Your eyes and skin do different things.....and both are important to this leptin thesis. I am giving you a big hint at Sept webinar. Just filmed it.

drezy likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I got to go prepare for a hurricane now.

drezy likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy New Member

Let me now if you need a hand. I'll drive over.

18. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Does anyone know what IRb and IRc do exactly for us, if anything?