1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Onions and histamine release

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Onions: help decrease histamine release. An important health-producing ingredient in onions is quercetin. Studies have shown that baking, sautéing roasting or frying onions increases their quercetin content. Boiling is the only cooking method that reduces quercetin content.
  2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

no wonder I love roasted onions over the fire pit
  3. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I think red onions are supposed to be better than white.
  4. omg that makes so much sense..no wonder I have been addicted to onions since I was a lil kid..I used to eat them "like apples" my mom always said..
    I have always loved them and added them to everything..
    but then I found out they can throw off methylation with CBS mutations so I cut back..didn't notice any changes..
    now I'm addicted again
  5. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Roasted onions have a sweet taste too - might have something to do with the addiction :)
  6. lol @ hemming..doubtful..i eat them raw usually...love them with sardines, salmon, beef, anything really haha
  7. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Hehe, since the study called for cooked onions I assumed that was what you were referring to :)
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

this is why they are part of EPCOTx and most of my recipes in the cook book
    seanb4 likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Silver

http://www.allthingsmale.com/forum/showthread.php?15433-JanSz-Labs-amp-Tests&p=211094#post211094

10. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Can you explain these reactions..I am afraid to eat them but love them. https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/thank-you-dr-kruse-and-kris90.19639/page-4

Thank you
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Google my linkedin in article on histamine/histadine
  12. Billybats

Billybats New Member

13. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Never mind this is a good one. I am still reading it but I think this is the one you wanted me to find. I like so far, making alot of sense.. you the man. Thank you again.
  14. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Dang Dr. Kruse there is that Dang EMF pain in the ass again. Since its not been cloudy finally my face is clearing up, and I will biohack again since I got the signal tamer and less cloudy out and see what happens with just that little change. I really have to find a job working outside, because on the weekends when I get more sun I feel way better, of course...dah. That was a very good article of explanation for anyone having these problems. For me anything that is fermented causes problems, the worse one is yogurt..forgetabotit.. actually always hated the taste of yogurt or sour milk..sour cream I am okay with.

Thank you all over again:):D