1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

One of the Best Journal Articles Ever

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by DrEttinger, Jan 19, 2019.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

But real time solar energy (or lack of it) seems to be related to energy as much as information.
    ====================================================================================
    ======
    No need for all the digits. Estimates should be sufficient.
    But
    in those estimates, I already have a big issue.
    You and everybody else write in such a way as
    solar energy and solar information are on equal footing.

I am saying that (real-time solar energy) is minuscule and likely unimportant, especially when compared to the big guys.
    The big guy is energy released in water synthesis and now maybe even bigger, melanin.

Real-time solar energy is getting too much respect.
    That is at the cost of other parts that are not appreciated sufficiently.
    And that is not food.

Bob Stirling likes this.
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'm still trying to get my head around it :confused: but my initial thoughts are that Herrera's "recipe" is based on the abundance in the universe, Light-Melanin-water. A human photosynthetic three legged stool? :D Without light, I don't see how there can be a "big guy" of energy released in water synthesis via melanin. Herrera seems to be saying that melanin is the transducer that transforms our sun generated electromagnetic radiations, making hydrogen and oxygen available from the splitting of water, and the reforming of the water provides water, electricity and controls oxygen, which can be toxic.

In terms of "real time" solar energy, theoretically you could use an artificial light source/melanin/water set up, but it could be "same" (or wrong) in terms of information. Whether its time for melatonin to rise, to sleep, time to wake up, breed, time to upregulate or downregulate something ….. nothing beats the sun (or the information an organism acts upon from the lack of it).

Michalis likes this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

From around 50.30 of this is a section on melanin/chaga and the changes to the environment

At around 54.16 he shows a slide about a study showing gamma ray irradiation protected mice living 305 days as compared to unprotected mice 186 days. I've seen different figures for the lifespan of pet mice, and I haven't seen the study to see if it was one zapping or chronic low grade irradiation, but whether its just about taking longer to die rather than being truly protective, for mitigation of what can't be avoided/ getting ready to move away/whatever, it could be a idea worth exploring.

JanSz likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

JanSz said:
    You and everybody else write in such a way as
    solar energy and solar information are on equal footing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have just proved that sunlight contains information.

But we both are
    trying to get our heads around it
    ---------------------
    About three-legged stool.
    Sounds nice and looks appealing on a calling card.
    but
    its meaning can be twisted and turned and expanding every day in different ways.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Sue-UK
    Have you figured out how to use chaga?
    I have this one.
    Currently, use one teaspoon a day.

upload_2019-11-14_9-59-24.png

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, started with half a teaspoon split over two doses, now on 1 teaspoon split over 2 doses, made into a tea. I don't think that's the optimum way for me to use it for my n=1, but I'm still working on that. I'm about to order another brand that is wildcrafted from Siberia and will switch the one I've got to external use. Reverse polar bear hack. :rofl:

Anne V likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Siberian Chaga (on the picture below).
    https://www.dragonherbs.com/wild-siberian-chaga.html
    I have a tree in my neighborhood, looks similar. Rather large as for a mushroom.
    I found it when my daughter phoned me to look for a black bear that she spotted.
    Wonder if I could do something with it, it is rather high up.

upload_2019-11-15_8-37-31.png

Sue-UK likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Reminds me of combination
    Chaga
    Mumje=Shilait=Shilajit
    Sayan Siberian Chaga Mushroom Extract with Shilajit
    https://www.amazon.com/Sayan-Siberian-Mushroom-Shilajit-Vegetarian/dp/B073H19ZCF

upload_2019-11-15_9-11-45.png

----------------------------------------
    I was using this Mumje
    upload_2019-11-15_9-0-43.png

Sue-UK likes this.
  9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Interesting. :) I'm going to continue using the chaga powder as in the study of chaga suppressing cancer progression and maintaining body temperature in mice, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4946216/ the dosage was 6mg/kg/day, but it was given in drinking water. So presumably there were several trips to drink the water, which may have contributed to the better temperature control throughout the wake period, rather than a quick boost from a single or even double dose. Also the Herrera treatment of AD with his melanin precursor drops puts the drops under the tongue every two hours during the day (one case was every hour). I've made up a whole day dose of tea this morning (using silica rich water) that I've let go cold and I'm going to take some every couple of hours, either as is if I'm not thirsty or chase it down with water if I am. I'm living in the winter cold lane (no heating) so I'll see if it helps me maintain body temperature, or cuts my appetite. :)

JanSz likes this.
  10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

@JanSz

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2007102724A2/en

I checked out the list of elements in products like Concentrace and Spectramin, against his list

"ions, metals (gadolinium, iron, aluminum, gold, silver, nickel, copper, erbium, europium, praseodymium, dysprosium, holmium, chromium or manganese, lead selenide, titanium, various alloys and special, that is to say any metal or compound known or unknown to date; etc). Gadolinium is a very effective metal. The metal is incorporated into the melanins in ionic form or as a particle both in vivo and in vitro, in addition to drugs or drugs, energizing the photoelectrochemical design with electromagnetic radiation, light (natural or synthetic, coherent or not, monochromatic or polychromatic) with Wavelength mainly between 200 and 900 nanometers, although other wavelengths and other types of energy, for example kinetics, are also effective although in varying degrees, according to the rest of the conditions (pH, temperature, pressure; combination, doping ; etc)."

I'd only read about gadolinium in relation to MRIs, but although a lot on his list are in the ionic minerals, I was interested in why Herrera mentioned gadolinium specifically, how it relates to AD, and have found this https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.chemmater.8b04333 Gadolinium Doping Enhances the Photoacoustic Signal of Synthetic Melanin Nanoparticles: A Dual Modality Contrast Agent for Stem Cell Imaging.

"In this paper, we show that gadolinium-loaded synthetic melanin nanoparticles (Gd(III)-SMNPs) exhibit up to a 40-fold enhanced photoacoustic signal intensity relative to synthetic melanin alone and higher than other metal-chelated SMNPs."

[​IMG]

I've changed how I'm using chaga - as ionic minerals include gadolinium, however trace the amount, I've added them to the cold tea mix. :)

JanSz likes this.
  11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am still thinking about body temperature and how it is regulated.
    When I figure what to use for my TRH hack, (pills or injections), this is mostly where I expect/hope for most benefits.

13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

In the Arctic and Antarctic regions we are presumably looking at lower deuterium levels along with non equatorial sun. The south facing slope of Evolution Canyon has the higher solar radiation, but even if the deuterium level is higher on both the north and south slopes, perhaps it is not enough to make it unable to produce melanin?

In the Somlyai book the mention of Aspergillus niger (p48) "This, as indicated by its name, is a black colored fungus, which in a heavy water medium turns alabaster white which means that the fungus is unable to produce the pigment responsible for the black color."

JanSz and drezy like this.