1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

One of the Best Journal Articles Ever

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by DrEttinger, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

2. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Continuous intake of the Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) aqueous extract suppresses cancer progression and maintains body temperature in mice.

"We hypothesized that long-term continuous intake of the I. obliquus extract could suppress tumorigenesis by supporting normal metabolic reactions in the organism, including thermogenesis."

Chaga contains one of the highest concentrations of melanin and confers upon the user all of the benefits of being fortified with supraphysiologic doses of melanin.

Sue-UK likes this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

DrEttinger likes this.
  4. DrEttinger

Let's apply some basic logic here based on what we know. CT increases mitochondrial function and density and is a thermogenic process. Chaga increases thermogenesis within cancer cells and contains melanin which we can assimilate into our system improving human photosynthesis. Astaxanthin and spirulina contain photoreceptive pigments that we can absorb and incorporate into our system increasing our ability to absorb light - human photosynthesis. Exposure of our skin to the Sun increases melanin production increasing the dissociation of water which produces energy (electrons) as a byproduct - human photosynthesis. As we can see here we have control of this process and can biohack it if we want. Most though spend 97% of their day indoors under some form of blue light.

To the degree, cancer is a disease of the absence of sunlight light, being cancer-free is to how much natural sunlight you can receive and how well it's absorbed and converted into energy.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

cancer is a disease of the absence of sunlight light

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-10-30_10-0-3.png

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    DrEttinger likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I could use help here.
    We are synthesizing 3000 liters of matrix water daily when at rest.
    That produces so much energy that we would burn instantly if not that other reactions are happening simultaneously, that use up that energy.

Dissociation is the process by which a molecule separates
    -----
    Bonds are broken. When bonds are broken, energy is absorbed.
    Therefore, when water "dissociates" into hydrogen and oxygen, the molecules absorb energy.
    Of course, not all reactions that break bonds are endothermic (think ATP being split into ADP and inorganic phosphate, an exothermic reaction).
    ----------

Why is the dissociation of water an endothermic reaction?
    https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-dissociation-of-water-an-endothermic-reaction

drezy and DrEttinger like this.
  8. DrEttinger

Jan,

That data is above my paygrade. I've never given that enough time to do justice to it. I will though, at some point, really put some time into it.

9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I thought this was interesting https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2653983/ Evidence for the ectopic synthesis of melanin in human adipose tissue including
    "In conclusion, our study demonstrates for the first time that the biosynthesis of melanin takes place in visceral adipose tissue of morbidly obese subjects"

In the Continuous intake of the Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) aqueous extract suppresses cancer progression and maintains body temperature in mice study already linked
    section 3.1 results
    "First, we examined the effect of continuous intake of the I. obliquus aqueous extract on body weight of mature adult mice (12–15 weeks) and middle-aged mice (30 weeks). The results indicated that middle-aged mice lost about 8% of weight after 17 days of drinking I. obliquus extracts compared to the control group (Fig. 1A); there was no difference in water intake between the two groups (Fig. 1B). Interestingly, the I. obliquus extract caused no changes in body weight or the amount of consumed water in mature adult mice (Fig. 1C and D). These data suggest that the intake of the I. obliquus extract promoted lipolysis in developed fatty tissue; therefore, in further experiments we used mature adult mice (12–15 weeks) to avoid the influence of body weight difference between control and treated mice observed prior to tumor implantation on subsequent tumor growth."

So its whether there's a connection with melanin in chaga downregulating ectopic melanin biosynthesis? :confused:

drezy likes this.
  10. DrEttinger

I feel that anything that could reduce mitochondrial ROS produced from the oxidative stress of obesity would downregulate ectopic synthesis of melanin in (obese) adipocytes.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/eb7c/e38ef6bb3144059b518bc83411b6fd0f975f.pdf

It has been demonstrated that the expansion of adipose tissue in obesity is mainly characterized by hypertrophy, accompanied by oxidative stress and inflammatory environment influenced by disturbances in energy and lipids storage [37,38]. ROS produced from mitochondrial oxidative stress play an important role in regulating adipocyte diوٴerentiation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) [39]. We believe that ROS induced adipocyte diوٴerentiation is an adaptative response to hypertrophy stress. To relief hypertrophy and associated oxidative stress, adipose tissue attempt to reinstate metabolic homeostasis (My addition - via ectopic synthesis of melanin.

Sue-UK likes this.
  11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

drezy likes this.
  13. Michalis

Michalis New Member

So consider the broadband absorption of light from melanin. In an ideal world it absorbs the sun's spectrum it splits water and provides us with energy. What happens if it starts absorbing on other wavelengths, like nnEMF? Does is still produces current? What exactly is happening? Because this is the implication i can see here.

14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

https://pharmacy-nutrition.usask.ca...r-uses-fungi-to-protect-against-radiation.php

Duchess Sunshine and Michalis like this.
  15. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Really interesting!

Some species of mushroom have developed the unique ability to not only survive in a radioactive environment, but actually thrive in such severe conditions. These growths, known as radiotrophic fungi, are believed to use melanin as a tool to convert gamma radiation into energy for growth. And Dadachova believes this fungal life could be used as cost-effective, sensitive biological detectors of nuclear fallout.

So while you digest the fungi the person will absorb the melanin and the melanin will "catch" the aberrant energies of the environment. All good so far . Those energies will be re-emitted though. Does melanin convert them to a friendlier form of energy , lets say uvc that can be used with deuterium as long as it is in the gut or circulation?

i found this and it seems interesting!
    https://www.nature.com/articles/npre.2007.1312.1.pdf?origin=ppub

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-11-12_15-16-56.png

17. Michalis

Michalis New Member

No i don't think that is the case, it is a just a part of the story..

18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

"Melanin is to the animal kingdom like chlorophyll to the vegetal system. "
    "If true, goodbye mitochondria, hello melanin"

I don't think that's accurate because melanin is also important to the plant kingdom. For example melanin in bark, and seeds. Alone, it speaks of dormancy. When the right conditions for photosynthesis happen, a seed grows, leaves appear ….. Maintaining or growing biomass. I think there's more of a haemoglobin to chlorophyll link and a melanin to (melanin containing) plant lignins link. Apart from any water splitting, if mitochondria are heat dissipators, the biomass we eat provides heat that can be used by melanin to further split and reform water. As well as maintaining our own biomass, I would suspect that for humans this thermoregulation promotes sleep every night as opposed to animals forced to bouts of torpor or hibernation dotted with bouts of euthermia, in an effort to survive food scarcity or extreme cold.

Just musings, still working through the book, but at the moment its more a case of hi mitochondria, meet melanin … :D

Michalis likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

"Melanin is to the animal kingdom like chlorophyll to the vegetal system. "
    "If true, goodbye mitochondria, hello melanin"
    ----
    Possibly this will clarify what I am interested in.
    ----
    Everybody and his brother say how important ATP is and that we make so much of it within a day (24 hrs) that it is really close to the body's weight.
    Impressive description, and tell's me not much.
    Reading that, I still think that the human body runs on about 2000calories/day (from food).
    But
    when I see that to make (this important ATP) water is synthesized, I am not particularly impressed, until I see how much water it is, and especially that with that energy, you can lit couple of football stadiums for 24hrs. So it is thousand's times more than the puny 2000calories from food.

When I think that I nailed something important, dr Boros tells me that I am ok with what I posted to him, but, but actually, we go thru much much more energy daily.

So at this point, I would like to assign numbers of KiloWattHours to melanin's activity.
    If it is less than 2000calories a day, I do not care.
    But it looks like energy synthesized during matrix water production (however big) is minute when comparing to activities that melanin control.
    Where is that energy coming from? How many KiloWatHours we use daily?
    How is it replenished with (so little energy that is coming from Sun in real-time)?
    Eventually, that energy will get exhausted. How long will it support life on Earth?
    -------
    What is obvious to me at this time is that the (real-time) solar energy involved in our life, on the equator or far over from tropical zones, is a minor player.
    Real-time solar energy is an information source but not an energy source.

---------------------------

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  20. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

"But it looks like energy synthesized during matrix water production (however big) is minute when comparing to activities that melanin control.
    Where is that energy coming from? How KiloWatHours we use daily?
    How is it replenished with (so little energy that is coming from Sun in real-time)?"

I don't know if any of this below will be useful but the possibility of some interaction with cosmic rays was the first thing I thought of. ?
    Also, I searched the forum for "neuromelanin", these posts might be useful to you:
    All of Jack's posts here
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/sun-damage-camera.18730/#post-203892
    and
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-of-vermont-2018-are.21424/page-3#post-242906
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-of-vermont-2018-are.21424/page-3#post-242907
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-of-vermont-2018-are.21424/page-3#post-242908
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-of-vermont-2018-are.21424/page-3#post-242909
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-of-vermont-2018-are.21424/page-3#post-242910

A post of yours
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/use-of-melanotan-to-help-with-parkinsons.18115/

===========================================================================

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/cosmic.html
    "Cosmic radiation consists of high-energy charged particles, x-rays and gamma rays produced in space. Charged particles react with the earth's atmosphere to produce secondary radiation which reaches the earth. Cosmic radiation is produced by the stars, including our own sun"
    https://magazine.jhsph.edu/2019/melanin-space
    "Melanin microspheres are astoundingly effective at absorbing X-rays, UV light, and other types of radiation."

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme...ed-life-in-subsurface-pockets-of-the-universe
    "...the possibility that life in subsurface environments — places where photosynthesis is a non-starter — could eke out a living by feeding upon cosmic rays. Rather than consuming them directly, as they are much too potent for that, life would extract their secondary energy via a mechanism known as radiolysis.
    Atri suggests muon-induced radiolysis isn’t the only mechanism available to cosmic-ray-powered life. Organic synthesis from other secondaries created in cosmic ray particle showers would be theoretically possible. Direct capture of radiation through the use of pigments like melanin is also conceivable. Although melanin is a fairly complex molecule, it is ubiquitous in most biological kingdoms. In addition to its more familiar use in absorbing radiation as a shield, it can also transduce radiation and transmit its energy to other metabolic processes."

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rsif.2016.0459
    Galactic cosmic rays (GCRs) are charged particles, mostly protons, originating beyond the Solar System [21–23]. They have relatively lower flux but possess much higher energy than other radiation sources on Earth, and have noteworthy biological effects on terrestrial life and possibly on extrasolar planets [24–26]. Upon interaction with a planetary atmosphere or surface, GCRs produce a cascade of secondary particles that include electrons, positrons, gamma rays, neutrons and muons [21].
    Radiotropism is a term used to describe the growth of fungi from exposure to radionuclides [35]. Most radionuclides emit beta (electrons and positrons) and gamma (photons) radiation and studies have shown that exposure to both sources promoted directional growth of fungi [35]. Exposure to 121Sn and 137Cs sources showed that the spore germination in species increased considerably, a phenomenon also known as ‘radiostimulation’ [35]. The presence of several microorganisms has been studied in the Russian Mir Space Station as well as the International Space Station [36]. The organisms consist of both bacteria and fungi, and are exposed to about 4 cGy of ionizing radiation per year. Many bacteria and fungi in these environments have been found to be pigmented or melanized [37]. Dadachova et al. concluded that ionizing radiation changed the electron spin resonance signal of melanin, making it more efficient in acting as an ionizing radiation transducer [38]. Experiments have shown increased metabolic activity in melanized Cryptococcus neoformans relative to non-melanized ones, indicating the enhancement of the electron transfer properties of melanin. The authors concluded that melanin played a major role in protecting the organism against ionizing radiation and these radioprotective properties arise due to its chemical composition, free radical quenching and spherical spatial arrangement [39].
    An abundance of highly melanized fungal spores in early Cretaceous period deposits has been uncovered, where other plant and animal species have died out [34]. These types of fungi can be found in high-altitude terrains, Arctic and Antarctic regions, and in the Evolution Canyon in Israel. The south-facing slope of the canyon receives 2–8 times higher solar radiation than those on the north, and Aspergillus niger found there contains 300% higher levels of melanin than that found in the north facing slope [40]. Several groups have studied these effects on melanized fungal species at the Chernobyl accident site [41] and in nuclear reactor pool water [42].
    The discussion above shows that organisms can develop mechanisms to thrive and to repair damage under the exposure of high radiation dose and, in one case, harvest it for metabolic purposes, but it remains to be shown that the ionizing energy produced by secondary particles is comparable to energies observed in radioactive decay processes known to support radiolysis-based life."

Attached Files: