1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

One capsule of Betaine Hcl with Pepsin causing heartburn?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by 2bls, Oct 12, 2012.

1. 2bls

2bls New Member

I've recently started supplementing with Betaine HCl with pepsin and for a few days I did really well with it. Now however, if I take even one capsule with my breakfast, I shortly thereafter get that heartburny feeling.

Does this mean I have no gut issues and should stop taking it? Or is there something else going on? I don't have any diagnosed gut issues but thought the betaine would help digest food better.

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Sometimes, I miss and then go back when I think I might just be ok. I know I have to take it dead in the middle of a meal and lots of meat for sure.

3. 2bls

2bls New Member

thanks, I've been taking it before eating... will change to the middle of the meal.

4. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

Maybe you don't need it. You could switch to herbal bitters instead.

5. lsavage@cfl.rr.com

lsavage@cfl.rr.com New Member

And at the other end... With a protein meal of 1/2 cup of ground beef, it takes 11 capsules before I feel the burn. I hope that it re-trains your stomach to produce acid on its own (as they claim) because this could get expensive for me! (I've only been doing this for 3 days, and am already experiencing positive benefits. You can imagine that I wasn't digesting much at all of my expensive grass-fed beef if it takes 11 capsules - yeowza!