1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

On the Wagon..Off the Wagon...No More...This Time...Optimal!!!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaulaRichards, Mar 24, 2012.

1. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

I read somewhere that success is not a linear path. That's for sure!!! I was feeling beyond good yesterday. As I was finishing supper I decided to have some CO Manna with 100% cocoa powder & that would have been fine, had I left it at that! But, I decided to have a square of dark chocolate too, not usually a problem for me either. I wasn't battling any particular screaming craving at the time but row by row I finished the bar. Not a binge in my books, but a setback on the reset I'm sure.

Note to self---No more bars of *any* chocolate coming into the house again! I feel like crap & was in bed, not being able to fall asleep until sometime after 2:00am. It was a hard way to learn a lesson BUT lesson learned; as I look with very tired eyes at a very bloated belly :eek:

I dusted myself off & ate a BAB!

I need a post-it note with "actions fix thoughts.......when you begin to go against your thoughts some amazing things can occur" stuck to my forehead!

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Oh I hear ya on the chocolate. And I'm taking plenty of mg so don't really have an excuse. Except it brings on a binge just like nuts do. So I have eliminated them from my diet. It's the old "betcha can't eat just one" syndrome. Better to not even begin.

3. Same here!!! Or maybe on the fridge?? ;)

Have a nice evening!!

4. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Well I still have a little of the "hangover" feeling from the dark chocolate bar on Sunday but it's better than yesterday and I slept better last night so that helps. Since the chocolate mishap on Sunday all eating rules are still intact!

5. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Feeling pretty good today but I feel like my body is a giant sponge. I'm holding onto water like never before. I see it in my stomach but also my legs. You can see the band of my socks on my legs for hours after I remove them. This is the norm if I'm eating/binging on crap but I don't think it's ever been like this while I've been eating VLC. With eating according to the Leptin Rx rules my diet has been even better than it ever was on any VLC plan! :mad:

Oh well...

CT...need to get serious now, maybe it'll move things along. Time to follow the CT protocol!

6. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Slept well last night. Used the glasses the last 2 nights for watching TV. I was very hungry when I woke up this morning; hungrier than usual but the BAB took care of that!!! Did some face dunks today. Still bloated!

Supper: Although I didn't think I was hungry I just ate a burger with 8oz of mushrooms cooked in too much butter & bacon (planning to save some for BAB tomorrow but ate the 1/2 lb of bacon!!). Followed up by CO with 100% cocoa. It was so good!

7. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Boy I hear you on the bloating. Fluid retention sucks. I'm trying really hard to drink plenty of ice water during the day. I used to regularly go through 100oz a day but fell off the wagon a few months back. I'm not sure what happened. I'm hoping that by staying well hydrated and can beat this. Good luck!

8. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Wow...where does the time go?!! Yesterday was ok; probably just "ok" because I was late having BAB and I could definitely feel it throughout the day. I was hungry all day. I followed protocol with the 3 meals and no snacking but there were some cravings that decided to tell me "...we're still here!"

I haven't been on the scale for a few days, mainly because I don't think it's going to show me anything I want to see! I'm still bloated!

Bought some MCT oil yesterday & added a little to my BPC this morning.

Going to a movie this afternoon & have to get through without popcorn (please!)! I made it through the last time so will do it again!

9. Of course you'll make throught it again!! ;) You're having a great w-e so far! And doing super good even with the cravings tempting you!

Hopefully the bloating will go away soon. Is this something you used to have before the reset? Are you having any nuts? Butter? I'm lucky on that, I don't have any unless I eat wheat.

Have a nice day Paula :)

10. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Thanks Katy! I don't usually have bloating when I eat well (low carb)! This is unusual. I have been eating lots of butter & lots of CO and CO butter/manna! I haven't had nuts in a couple of weeks.

I ate the damn popcorn today. I wasn't even craving it. I went to the theatre completely "full" from the BAB. I was at the counter buying our tickets & the word "popcorn" came out of my big mouth...only to be followed by the word "large"! WTF!!!!!!!!!! Then while eating it I consciously thought "why are you eating this", it didn't even taste delicious, I didn't "love" it like I used to but I still ate most of it! All it did was increase my cravings this afternoon & all I'm thinking about are the leftover easter treats (my son isn't a big junk food eater...thankfully)! I cheated last Sunday on the chocolate bar but it didn't end in a binge. I'm seriously wondering how I'm going to prevent a binge today!!! It's too early to go to bed! The only thing preventing me right now is my "Binge Free Since March 19th"! URGHHHHH!

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Eat coconut oil. Stat. Like as much as you know you can eat without diarrhea. Or have diarrhea - it's not the end of the world!

Popcorn isn't the worst thing you could have, and it's not a binge, but as you know, it leads to cravings, even if nothing else. Don't worry about it, move past, eat a BIG meal for your next meal. If you're about to break down and eat something else you know will drive the cravings, eat a full meal instead. If you can't cook one fast enough to prevent a binge, drive to the nearest burger place and order a double and throw away the bun before you can even think about it. EAT EAT EAT ! Doesn't matter if it's not time to eat. For you, and for me, preventing a binge is more important than timing rules on a day where bingeing is a threat. Timing being off once will not set you back nearly as far as a binge.

If you end up having something else that drives the craving, don't give up; go back and re-read and re-do everything else I just said.

That's what I'd do, anyway! You can do this!

12. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Oh MamaGrok, you're the best! It worked! I wasn't even hungry after eating that popcorn but just wanted to eat crap SO bad! But I didn't :D At times like that, after eating something "off plan" like the popcorn it is so easy to listen to the brain which is yelling "you already ate the popcorn may as well eat anything else you want too"! Thankfully I didn't binge & it sure helped hearing you say "...won't set you back as far as a binge would"! Phew!!

Wasn't hungry this morning but ate the BAB. Slight heartburn, probably from the popcorn. More bloated than ever! At this point I think I'd gladly welcome diarrhea!

13. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I've been thinking of you; SO GLAD it worked! Same thing goes for today ... you're primed. Try to eat big meals and stick to mealtimes, but in your shoes, if I found myself about to eat something not on my plan, I'd eat primal food (especially CO) instead, and not stress about the timing a bit.

14. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Holy crap MamaGrok! You could offer consulting services...you're bang on! For the first half of today I didn't have any cravings, just felt like horrible...the hangover feeling. NOW...my mouth is watering at the thought of junk food. I'll be leaving work shortly & will head straight to the CO jar...I need to crush this!

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

You know, I only really have experience with myself, and I don't know for sure how much is the same from person to person, but I'm trying to listen to folks' experiences and see. I've been trying for a few years. Definitely in Radiant Recovery, it's common wisdom that a binge set you up for the next few days, and that for a lot of people, day 4 is the worst. You didn't binge, though, so I wouldn't expect that here - just some increased cravings for a day r two.

16. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Sitting in a tub of cool water, figured I can't eat in the tub and then it'll be almost bedtime!!! I just ate a chunk of fatty roast beef prior to getting in. Now time to find some tunes on this iPod. Something tells me DS and I may not have the same taste in music!!!

17. How lucky are we to get MG advices?? ;) And once again, she was spot on.

How was the CT?? Beside the music I mean ;)

I haven't done spot icing in a while, but doing so at evening is really great with cravings, because as long as you have the ice packs on your belly, you have no desire no eat. Could help if you don't have time to get in the tub or if you're fighting with cravings...

Have a good day,

K

18. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

The CT was ok but I'm going to have to get some ice to add to the tub. I'm a little ticked off because of the new 1 faucet in the shower. We have well water which is very cold out of the tap but I can't get it cold in the tub anymore. It's "cool" at best.

I had goosebumps but the water definitely wasn't cold enough to turn my skin pink.

19. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

I couldn't agree more!!!

20. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Thanks to some CO & cocoa (thanks MG for the advice!) I think I'm *almost* over the cravings since Sunday's popcorn incident. I'm still in a bit of an irritable state of mind though; which leads to the frustration over the scale not moving at all, the bloating, whatever! Snap out of it!!!

I see a naturopathic doc tomorrow & have a list of questions! I haven't had BW done it quite a while so I have no idea what's messed up in this body/mind. When I read the symptoms for adrenal fatigue, leaky gut, hormone issues, etc I could always find some that apply to me but some insight would be nice! I spend about $200/month now on a variety of supplements that come in daily AM & PM packages and have been taking these for years & have been supplementing with extra D3 for about a year. Blah, Blah, Blah...anyway, I hope tomorrow's appt will shed some light on some things for me!