1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

On the Wagon..Off the Wagon...No More...This Time...Optimal!!!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaulaRichards, Mar 24, 2012.

1. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

"The Plan" by Lyn-Genet Recitas. I felt like she wrote it for me. The basic premise is that we're not all the same and our chemistry is different. Just because bacon works for one person doesn't mean it's going to work for me. It was very interesting. It was a lot of work during the first few weeks but it was SO worth it!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks - I have always felt that way.....I will see if I can get it.....

3. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Wow...over a year! Is it even appropriate to post now?!? ;)
    Seems I've stayed 'On the Wagon' for over a year now. Down 40+lbs and have never felt better in my life, physically and or emotionally! Carpel tunnel went away...haven't worn a wrist support in about a year, arthritis-type feeling in a few fingers disappeared, no more hot flashes, regular periods, the list goes on.....
    Thank you Jack Kruse!

Martin, SeaHorse, caroline and 3 others like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Great to hear Paula........love it.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Paula .....merry Christmas! So happy to hear how well you are doing!

What kind of a winter are you having?

6. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Thanks Dr. Kruse, I still have the notes from our consult! Time flies!

7. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Merry Christmas to you too Caroline! We're not having much of a winter here yet. All kinds of rain. Unusual for Nova Scotia.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In New Orleans this AM very rainy and warm.........

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good morning from Oz Paula! looking forward to more details about what has been working for you. Lots of newbies here who would love to hear your story - when you have time!

10. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Well, winter temps have finally hit Nova Scotia. Ski hill opens Saturday, yay!!!
    Caroline, I will definitely work on a summary of my story. It certainly took a few years but it really all came together this past year and. I've never felt better. I'll never forget JK's words during my consult....'you're not a total train wreck but you're definitely off the rails', he's the best!
    In short, I was feeling good following what I was learning here but just couldn't figure out why the weight was barely budging. I never did well on carbs and that was a given. Even squash triggered binges. Anyway, Long story short, I determined that I couldn't eat pork. That was a biggie. After years, the weight starting coming off...effortlessly...even surpassing my goal. I could no longer go 'shopping in my own closet'...which is fun...but it was more fun when that was no longer an option.
    Happy New Year!

nicld, caroline and Jude like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Happy new Year Paula! can't wait for a summary!!