1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

On the Wagon..Off the Wagon...No More...This Time...Optimal!!!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaulaRichards, Mar 24, 2012.

1. diane

diane Gold

I love snowstorm days! Maybe that's because we don't have many of them anymore in T dot. But we had one yesterday - and then we went out last night and ran through the snow with the dogs in the little park near us. They loved it!

2. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Diane, I saw your storm on the news last night. Definitely not typical for T.O. We didn't get as much as I thought we would but apparently it's not over yet.
    Saw this on facebook today...
    image.jpg

3. diane

diane Gold

Hahahaha!

No we haven't had a storm like this in a few years. I grew up in the Ottawa area, where we had snowbanks over 6' every winter. People here are wimps. LOL.

4. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I was up in Ottawa the last few months and yes, even now (Er, December and Jan.) there was more snow in Ottawa. Maybe it's the same right now too. When I was in Ottawa I thought to myself that WOW I haven't seen that much snow since the 90s!! Kind of sad in a way to not see normal snow/winter since the 90s, but lol....so it goes.

5. diane

diane Gold

Hahahaha. Zorica - you should have seen it in the 70's!!!!! LOL.

Damn. I feel old. :cool:

6. Zorica Vuletic

I did...but only in photos. *giggle* It gets less and less every decade it seems...

7. Zorica Vuletic

Ya, I'm not very old. Only 27. Well old enough to supposed to be mature of course...but I'm not even 30 yet. w00t!

8. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Too much of "nothingness" today. I'm still in pjs and it's almost 6pm. Oh well, I blame it on our blizzard conditions for the second day in a row. No where to go so I'm taking it advantage of it. Not much of an appetite yesterday and today. I still had the typical BAB but other than that I didn't want much. I take that as a blessing because weekends like this used to be dangerous in eating department. I did re-read an old book, The Pulse Test, which is about identifying food sensitivites. Very interesting stuff. Oh, and the constant thinking about oxytocin therapy (I mentioned over on the thread) was short lived...thoughts are gone...fun while it lasted.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

are you guys snowed in? You should be out in your bikini making snow angels! Think of how impressed the neighbours will be.....

If you don't feel like doing much - pick up a naughty book and give oxy a go!

10. diane

diane Gold

Yes Paula - snow angels in your bikini! And pics please! :D

11. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

You two are hilarious!!!! A lot greater chance of oxy happening than getting me in a bikini...just sayin...lol

12. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

image.jpg
    Enough said!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

that is very cute!

14. diane

diane Gold

Hahahaha. Poor cat.

15. endless

endless New Member

Love the snorkelling pic..I'd like to do a series of snow pics featuring people doing things that usually don't happen in snow. Like playing tennis or hanging up laundry....

16. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

This week bordered on disastrous. Seemed like any negativity circulating in my mind all got together and turned me into a WTH kinda-thinking monster. I’ve resurfaced and am starting to feel somewhat “normal” again but not before eating a Tea Biscuit Tuesday morning and then French fries covered with cheddar for supper. So needless to say Wednesday was spend battling a whirlwind of food fantasies. Thankfully I made it through and yesterday wasn’t so bad.

I left eggs off the menu yesterday. I usually eat 4 eggs on weekdays, 2 with BAB and 2 for lunch. I’ve been wondering whether eggs & I don’t agree so they’ve been tossed for now. I’ve also ditched the dark chocolate a couple of weeks ago & haven’t had nuts in a long time. Thinking my precious New Zealand whey isolate needs to go too. Just feeling a bit of desperation today & want to see something change. Please, oh please, don’t let it be the HWC…or the coffee.

17. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I feel your pain. Really you know I do. I tend to flop around in public and whine and cry and suck my thumb. Then it gets better.

Did you do 23andme yet? I'm laying off eggs for a while because of the genetic genie results. Also throttling back on the protein just a smidge.

I've given up on things changing. I just can't torture myself like that anymore. If I wander off in that direction I start having black thoughts, i.e., cutting calories big time to force the issue. I know it won't work but emotional desperation makes one toss logic out the window.

well that was cheerful, wasn't it.

sorry.

18. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Darleen you can always get a chuckle out of me. I know you feel my pain!!! I hope you enjoyed your cheesecake as much as I enjoyed my tea biscuit, at least you didn't eat the crust. I forgot just how bad that crap makes me feel, oh well, another lesson re-learned!! No worries about me ever cutting calories, I can't go back there, I cringe at the thought of my old weight watcher days!

I haven't done the 23andme yet, but I should get on that.

19. diane

diane Gold

For some reason, that's one test i'm not anxious to do - just feels like it's so much work to figure out what it means! Then if you have genetic defects, I would feel hopeless about changing anything. But that's just me.

20. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Diane it really isn't that much work. Genetic Genie will sort through the raw data and pull out anything related to methylation issues. the information that is included with your profile is relatively straight forward and easy to read/understand. The info I have so far directly from 23andme is interesting. The only slightly elevated risks I show are for coronary disease (ain't gonna happen as long as I stick with epi=paleo) and (this made me laugh) hypothyroidism. Everything else is average to low. I'll blame that on my Viking ancestors, as well.

ETA you can then show this to your physician (operative word being SHOW and not let him/her add it to your permanent medical records) and work with them to deal with any issues.