1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

On the Wagon..Off the Wagon...No More...This Time...Optimal!!!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaulaRichards, Mar 24, 2012.

1. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Paulalynn I'm sorry you got the bug. This one is hanging on to people for dear life. DH has been sick for 10 days. Someone I know on FB lost 16 pounds in one week because of it. Not a weight loss regimen I'm interested in, though. Get well ...

2. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

Paulalynn, sorry to hear you are not well. We seem to get these blips along the way. So look after yourself, rest and sleep as much as you need. Well easy for me to say, I don't know enough about you to know how feasible this is. What I really mean is to send you my best wishes and hope you recover quickly.

3. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Always a silver lining..
    Lets show up to Paulalynn's place and get the bug off her!

4. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Lol...thanks ladies for the well wishes. I'm quite sure I don't have the bug that will result in a 16 lb weight loss lol!!! Mine is the splitting head, heavy sinus kind. My head isn't quite as bad today as yesterday but it's another "stay home from work" kinda day. My son is 13 and is off to school so it's not hard to just hang out in bed and doze off, etc. so that is good! Weird thing happened at 6am, woke myself up scratching my palms like crazy. They are super red, itchy and look a bit swollen, almost like an allergic reaction of some kind. No idea what it could be from.
    Looking forward to keeping up with all everyone's writings today, looks like I'll have lots of apportunity for that today!

5. endless

endless New Member

Well I hope the forums are lively today to give you something to do! Do you CT when you are sick? I tried face dunking last time my sinuses felt crappy and it really helped....

6. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Endless...I spent a bit of time reading the forum yesterday but, as much as I hate to admit it publically,...hehe...I enjoyed way too many episodes of Vampire Diaries...my brain must be mush by now...but it's okay...the addiction is over...I'm all caught up to live TV. It can't be an addiction if I only watch once a week, LOL!

I'm feeling better and back to work today. Not 100% but I can breath clearly and my head is better. I didn't CT while sick. On a positive note, the scale moved....down....4lbs...unheard of for moi! I could understand it if I had the flu but even with my lack of appetite I still made myself have protein drinks made with 1/2cup of HWC, which I had 3 each day. So, sure I was around 1200-1300 calories, which even though that is like starvation mode for me ;) the scale still never moves. I'll take it...perhaps a short-lived drop but we'll see. It does have me wondering if I'm eating something my body doesn't want me to be eating, hence the "damn scale never moves"! Hmmm...will be giving this some thought

7. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Yeah or maybe, just maybe, things are now fixed enough to the point where your body is ready to lose the excess. I'm feeling that way myself. Hesitant about thinking it. Afraid to think it. But something is changing.

Glad you're feeling better. And hey, we all have our guilty pleasures. sometimes you just need fluff.

8. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Thanks Darleen, I was feeling better yesterday, or so I thought! As the day progressed the more and more my stomach gurgled and grumbled. Then last night the diarrhea started and I am home from work again today. Oh well, not feeling miserable, just need to be close to my bathroom!
    Feeling finda bummed that I can't take part in the spreecast but the desktop computer is ancient and can't see it from the ipad (thanks for answering my question Darleen, saves me from pulling my hair out wondering "WHY"!). I read they are considering a teleconference option so maybe I'll make the next one.
    Happy Friday! (Even if I am typing from the toilet...lol...just kidding...maybe...;)

9. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Sorry to hear you're still down with the bug. Hubby is still dragging his around. This is going on 2 weeks. I don't want it and am not gonna get it. so there. ;)

10. diane

diane Gold

Feel better Paulalynn!

11. Oh, you are still sick? :( Hopefully that is gonna go away FAST!! Take care of yourself

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Paula - I hope you are feeling better by now. You must be so happy about the weight loss. It seems to me that if we eat anything that causes inflammation it stalls weight loss. Some things would be obvious but I think some things aren't - and I don't know how to figure that out?

13. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

If you're thinking inflammation is a problem, you might consider doing the autoimmune protocol. It is really a stringent diet (I did it for about 6 weeks) with no nuts, eggs, dairy (even ghee), chocolate, coffee, nightshades (which includes strawberries and many spices) but could be worth a try if you think that is an issue.

14. endless

endless New Member

Strawberries are a nightshade? Wow...didn't know that! I did the AI protocol strictly for the first while of my LR and lost weight....after my consult with Dr. K he told me I didn't need to do it so I stopped. Now that I think of it though, so did my weight loss....hmmm. Coincidence, maybe. Anyway, hope your bug has left the building!

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

That might be a good idea - I didn't know strawberries are nite shade.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

My weight has become much more stable without fruit and chocolate and eggs and I really should stop coffee .... I keep saying I am going to but never quite get there - gonna try harder! Where do I find the AI protocol? just google it? That is what I have been thinking - some foods are inflammatory and we just don't realise because we have no overt symptons.

17. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Lyndra - I will re read - I keep thinking .....did nothing at all stick the first time around???? bugger...

19. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Thanks for the suggestion Lyndra et all! I'm really thinking there has to be a food involved with the lack of ANY weight loss. Now would be a good time to give it a try. I feel much better today and this is the fifth day with no coffee or chocolate, just because I wasn't feeling good, but as much as I would love a cup of java right now I will resist and go read those blogs!

20. endless

endless New Member

I'm about ready for some refresher reading too...it's easy to focus on the current stuff and forget the older blogs! Glad you are feeling better :)