1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

On the Wagon..Off the Wagon...No More...This Time...Optimal!!!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PaulaRichards, Mar 24, 2012.

1. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I sure wish I had an answer for you. Dopamine levels? Maybe you should eat some CO? Or drink a little olive oil.

2. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Ok. Crisis averted and it's almost bedtime!. CO and dark chocolate did the trick but I didn't like how that seemed to come out of nowhere.

3. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Had the typical BAB with some extra fat and protein just because of yesterday's cravings. Cravings came back late this afternoon but I dealt with them with lots of far. This is weird. It can't possibly from yesterday's d-ribose can it?!! Even though it probably has nothing to do with it I'm going to wait a week or two before I try taking it again.
    No cold tub for me today. It is -30 with the wind chill here today and I just can't seem to warm up...brrrrr

4. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

The d ribose cannot possibly cause cravings because it isn't regular sugar and is not seen or used like regular sugar. TAKE IT! [​IMG] I'm almost out and dreading it because right now I still really need it. Again, if you get cravings, Jack sez ... eat some CO or drink some olive oil. Blast the cravings with fat. Now go take your D-ribose like a good girl.

5. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

PQQ if I remember rightly is an uncommon Vit B especially needed by older women and those who have really mucked up their health.

I too, got terrible cravings yesterday and didn't know why. I don't have the excuse of having d-ribose though. It was probably having a handful of grapes that were too sweet for where I'm at at the moment. And I seriously thought of having icecream yesterday too. But didn't.

6. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Phew! Was having posting withdrawal. Couldn't login but Team Kruse to the rescue.
    Of course, now that I'm logged in I really have nothing to say and can't remember what I did say in the posts that appear to be missing...oh well, at least we're back to the old forum!
    Went for a short walk today. I kept going as long as I could because it was freezing and I wanted the CT. First time I had pink skin was today. My legs were pink and numb by the time I got home! I can't imagine how you gals are able to sit in water cold enough to get pink skin...but...I will get there!!!! I haven't been able to warm up. After three hours I broke down and had to put on my fleece pjs and I'm still freezing!
    Well...off to check out the new, old forum!

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

What did you wear Paula when you were walking? You should have had some newfie screech to warm up!! I am feeling like this new old forum is less efficient - but my computer skills leave a lot to be desired!

8. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Caroline...newfie screech...lol I was considering a glass of wine but I thought I better not, alcohol tends to give me the munchies! For yesterday's walk I a couple of tshirts and a light jacket but the pants were really light, I think made out of lycra or something like that. I could have worn something warmer but I wanted to big ole legs to freeze LOL!

I gotta say I love being back to the old forum. I find I read many more threads this way and it's easier to find where I stopped reading. I love the "first unread post" option. Perhaps there was something similar on the other version but I could never make it work!

9. endless

endless New Member

Funny, the people who joined after the move prefer the other one, and most of us who were here before like this one...creatures of habit! I like some aspects of each, but this one doesn't seem to be as screwed up all the time, so I prefer that over bells and whistles.

Are you keeping track of your CT temps? I didn't get pink skin much over 55F, and not really till I got the nerve up to go under 50...now I'm under 40 and it's not pink, it's lobster red! But it's not white, so I'm ok. I like doing CT walks in yoga pants...my thighs are usually burning cold and pink when I get home too....believe it or not, it's less uncomfortable in the water than on the walk!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Paula - did you ever figure out the name of that B&B in Sydney Mines?

11. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Caroline...yes...was it the Gowie House???

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes - that's it! have you been? Is it still going?

13. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Caroline - I've never been there but it is very close to where I work. It is not operating anymore. I don't have the definite details but here is what I heard...one of the men died a couple of years ago and his partner took it quite hard. The place was sold and it is currently being renovated. Not sure if it is going to be used as a residence or a business.

14. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Monday...yuck! My body feels yucky too. I had a scratchy throat and an annoying cough yesterday and felt like I was fighting "something". Still feel crappy today. This must be the third time in a month I've felt like this. Is my body going to react this way everytime I CT??? (rheutorical!!!). Cranky, cranky, cranky! Maybe it's partly because I have a friend who is keeping me posted on her daily weight loss! A friend who struggles to lose weight like me. Well, she read "The Plan" by Lyn-Genet, or something like that and thinks I should try it too. She knows what I'm doing and she doesn't disagree or anything but she knows I've not lost weight...she think's she's found the answer because it's not "a diet" and is basically an elimination thing aimed to reduce inflammation, etc. So she's sending me things like "lost 0.8 lbs after my beef test with a porterhouse steak"! I should be happy for her, right?!! BUT given my cranky, irritable mood of late, I'm thinking, "Great, she'll look good this summer at the beach and I'll still be sportin' rolls & cellulite!"
    Alrighty...pity party over (stealing words from Darleen)!

15. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

'sokay Paulalynn. We can party together today. I'm in the same boat and feeling waspish besides. Maybe it's because it's the dead of winter and we need sun. shrug. something isn't working and I don't know what it is.

16. diane

diane Gold

heyyyy....the days are getting longer! It was light until almost 5:30 last night! LOL.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is non stop raining here - massive floods in Queensland and moving our way apparently....

18. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

BUMMER! But you need the rain, don't you? I thought you guys were cooking down there.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes - we do need the rain. We only had one really hot day - 45 - other than that we are having a great summer here [south of Sydney] .looks like it is clearing now - be able to go to the ocean and do my thang.

20. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Home sick today. I never take sick time from work, I probabaly have about 4 months worth of sick time. But, here I am, second time since xmas, miserable! Took my son to school this morning and went straight back to bed and have been dozing on and off for the past 6 hours. Couldn't eat BAB because my head felt like it was going to split open if I didn't lay down.
    This just make no sense. I'm having the best sleeps of my life the last six months, take more vit d than ever, among many other vitamins, eat right and bang...sick again! Of well...it is what it is!