1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

On Becoming a Doctor

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by Casey Inman, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

2. shah78

shah78 Gold

Shijin13 likes this.
  3. RobH

RobH Gold

I get it.

I think we would all welcome those dissenters and googlers if we had the time to take care of our patients the way she want to.

I live at the hard edge between those administrative folks thinking we whine too much and we should be more efficient, toe the line, and treat each patient like another piece of the assembly line when all of us know that each person is their own N=1. On my other days I play doctor and know that they are all wrong.

Thanks for finding that!

-rh

Shijin13 likes this.
  4. RobH

RobH Gold

Kind of you to say. We do some things well. There are lots of things we don't, sadly!

I really want to learn to head this stuff off sooner rather than treat it in the end.

RobH

5. RobH

RobH Gold

*sigh* me neither.

"Emergency Medicine is a young man's sport" (with apologies to those of the female gender)
    Peter Rosen, my residency director.

RobH

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Awesome. So what speciality will you go into as you gain age and wisdom @RobH ???

7. Marie

Marie New Member

Funny, I've received the BEST care/diagnoses from these "young" docs. One diagnosed my gluten issues WAY before gluten was "in" and the other said I needed surgery... to this day I can't thank them enough.

8. RobH

RobH Gold

They say that people who go into psychiatry do it to fix themselves ...

I'm looking for a good program in Quantum Medicine, as I need to keep fixing myself ... :)

Failing that, so-called Age Management / Anti-Aging Medicine with a significant component of functional and metabolic Medicine looking good ....

Just need to figure out practice model.

RobH

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    Lahelada, caroline and Shijin13 like this.
  9. Josh

Josh Gold

"An old-time physician whose son had just graduated from medical school decided to pass on some tips about the profession. One day his son accompanied his father while. he was making his hospital rounds. The first patient they called on was advised by his father to cut down on smoking. "How did you manage to come to that conclusion?" asked the son.
    "Just look around the room and observe the large number of cigarette ends," was his answer.
    The second patient was told to stop eating so much chocolate. Again the new doctor was bewildered. "How come?" he said.
    "You don't look," said the father. "If you had you would notice the large number of chocolate boxes all over the place."
    "I think I have got the idea now," said the son. "Let me try the next one."
    A woman, who was the third patient, was informed by the son to cut down on things involving the church, religion, and priests. The amazed father asked his son what led him to that strange conclusion, since the church had not even been mentioned in the conversation, and you cannot find churches all over the place.
    "Well Dad, it was like this," said the son. "Did you notice that I dropped the thermometer? When I bent down to pick it up I could not help noticing the preacher under the bed.""

Josh (Paleo Osteo) and caroline like this.
  10. are there formal courses in quantum medicine?

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yep, and it's right here.

RobH and Shijin13 like this.
  12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

13. Linz

Linz Gold

Gretchen,

There is very much wrong with our NHS but at the moment our politicians are in pre-election frenzy and our health is being treated like the ball in a World Cup final. Blaming each other is better (not to mention easier) than solving the problems. Top score wins but who cares if our health improves?
    Let's hope the medics humour beats them all.......

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

@Linz its not much different over here in the US. Currently the "Conservative GOP" is attempting to curtail the Affordable Care Act (which was never about affordable care but affordable health insurance - which isn't affordable at all for anyone) and the "Liberal Dems" are trying to block it, instead of addressing the hart of medical care. JAck is right. change will come from consumers, who at some point will say Eff it, and go ahead buy catastrophic and figure out how to heal themselves....

RobH and Kristi Lambert like this.
  15. Josh

Josh Gold

Interestingly, the GOP is also backing off on regulation of the supplement industry

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...2-Jan-2015&c=T5DwZFxZmFEwA5RPtZA7MW72eepMI3GQ

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. BTA

BTA New Member

According the medical "bible" - JAMA reports the 3rd leading cause of death is .... Doctors :confused: yikes............

Journal of the American Medical Association, 284(4), 483-485. (2000, July 26)

Who has the best healthcare? Japan.... in order: 1 Japan, 2 Sweden, 3 Canada, 4 France, 5 Australia, 6 Spain, 7 Finland, 8 Netherlands, 9 U.K., 10 Denmark, 11 Belgium,12 US, and 13 Germany

The poor performance of the United States was confirmed by the World Health Organization. The press would have you believe that it is the American lifestyle.. smoking, drinking, etc., but the statistics show otherwise. The top ranking best health care statistics are from Japan and 41% of the women smoke and 61% of the men. US stats are 24% of women smoke and 28% men. The data for alcohol is similar.

"Unrighteous doctors dealing drugs that will never cure your ills"
    ~Bob Dylan

Josh likes this.
  19. Sammy

Sammy New Member

Can any of the smart doctors on this thread recommend any medical textbooks ? It can be biochemistry, physiology, anatomy etc.
    I am in first year ^_^

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The books you use in med school wont be a help........Pollack book on water (The fourth phase of water) however will make you realize what is in your biochem book is missing the key ingredient.........Water.