1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

OMG...love the pate' i just made!

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by janagram, Mar 6, 2013.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

Lovin this!!!
    Someone on this forum posted a recipe, I think, for chicken liver pate'! I remembered it was reall easy and I made it last night. It's so yum! Basically cooked livers(simmer about 3 minutes in water with onion slices and bay leaf) and butter in a 50/50 mix, whizzed until silky smooth. Oh, you drain the livers first...and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Now I can think of other yummy spices to add next time.....

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

That was me!!! It is so easy and so delicious! Did I actually post it? someone asked awhile ago and I didn't remember where it was ....anyway - I now make it with lamb's liver - It is stronger but still very good and lamb's liver is better for us. I just finished C/T and am shaking so bad I can't type lol!
    I do still love it made with chicken livers and always take it with me if going to book club or friends so I have something to eat.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

The original recipe has cognac - did you use it? should I repost it?

4. Yes repost it since my palate is craving something like that! I hope chicken livers are not like chicken ...... foul. I want to make this pate!

5. janagram

janagram New Member

Oh yes, repost, Caroline! I used brandy.