1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Omega 6:3 Ratio

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Dickran, May 12, 2018.

1. Dickran

Dickran Gold

Trying to understand Omega 6:3 ratio test results(used Quest Diagnostics).

Arachidonic Acid = 5.9%
    DHA = 4.4%
    EPA = 4.1%
    EPA/Arachidonic Acid = 0.7
    Omega 3(EPA+DHA) Index = 8.5%

Omega 6 / Omega 3 Ratio = 2.5

How does this translate to Dr. Kruse’s Omega 6:3 Ratio <4:1 ratio in Epi-Paleo RX book lab test #14?

Also, how healthy are other test factors?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  2. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

I hope you found your answer,

I have wanted a test called BrainSpan developed by LTC(Ret) Daniel T. Johnston, MD, MPH who I heard presenting on a Health Summit a few months ago. I have heard Dr. Kruse mention that it is important to a Omega 6 to Omega 3 blood assay but I not seen a lab recommended. https://www.brainspan.com/consumer It looks like a great test too me but does need to be re-run ongoing to see effectiveness of therapy.

Test says it tests

• the Omega-3 Index EPA/DHA

• the Omega-6/Omega-3 Ratio

• the Palmitic Acid level

• Full, 4 part cognitive function test to include scores on memory, attention/focus, processing speed, and cognitive flexibility.

• the BrainSpan Index

• 12-page patient friendly report and interpretation and recommendation. A provider is also assigned and available to answer questions.

Looks to run 'on special' $149. plus shipping

In the past I pushed to have several Genova Diagnostics Laboratory tests Cardio Ion and GI Effects Stool Test etc but I was not easy to get done and the doctor I was seeing really did not understand how to use the data. I want an affordable Functional Integrative Functional Practitioner to partner with on Remediation. I learn all I can online but testing, remediation and followup are not optimal for me yet. I will find someone who can answer questions like the one you asked and the ones I wonder about.

What Dr. Jack Kruse has shared is the best help I've come across. in the past 11 years of working on my health. I am very thankful for what he shares and while impatient at times I am moving forward.

He shared this on Facebook not long ago
    " SUNLIGHT, WATER AND MAGNETISM
    Mitochondriac Wisdom
    You might only need one or two really good ideas to improve 80% of your life.
    Figure out what those are and apply them. It's not about knowing every single self improvement strategy.
    It's about finding principles that have the biggest impact on your life
    ."
    It encouraged me and I hope it is encouraging you and to others in progress...

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Uphill battle.
    Even the question is faulty.
    $$ involved to keep you in the dark.

4. Martha Ray

If I don't Yet understand why Dr. Kruse mentioned that it is important to get a Omega 6 to Omega 3 blood assay and I don't know where to have a assay done or how to have it explained and remediated and I don't understand your reply this is indeed an Uphill battle.

When tests are offered from companies is it to sell $$ supplements and sell more monitoring tests. But why did Dr. Kruse think in the past that it was important to know or does it only matter for 'rank newbies' who need to suffer for a while and be ripped off for a while to appreciate Natures Protocols for light, Water and Magnetism?

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It may help to find out how 4:1 ratio
    was derived
    what it is
    and why saying Omega3 or Omega6 may be done (sometimes not always)
    to say the truth and (make sure) that issue reminds confused
    all
    at the same time
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://bodybio.com/blogs/blog/guide-to-omega-3-and-omega-6

upload_2020-7-15_10-59-24.png

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. Martha Ray

Thank You JanSz....So 4:1 is an optimal target and it is (<) less than 6:1 ?

7. Thank you for sharing

Martha Ray likes this.