1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Omega-3 fatty acids (DHA, EPA, and ALA) are not essential???

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Johan Lindstrøm, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Any one of you have comments???
    I smell misinformation or: "halftruth allways leads to a full lie" (or something like it :)

The following are from https://matt-blackburn.com/blogs/news/the-clf-protocol

Omega-3 fatty acids (DHA, EPA, and ALA) are not essential for human health and brain development. They are only essential to develop cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, anxiety, depression, insomnia and accelerate aging.

The public was never told that when the Burrs discovered omega-3s, zinc, selenium and most of the B vitamins had not been discovered yet. The conclusions that they made about their essentiality was based on an incomplete picture (remember the NPK Justice Von Liebig story?) and they ran with it, pawning off toxic oils that were previously used to paint the walls.

Omega-3 fatty acids are highly unsaturated fatty acids (highly unstable PUFAs) which oxidize immediately in a body with heat (you're 98.6 degrees) and oxygen. It doesn't matter how perfectly preserved the fish, krill, algae, or seal oil is. It's complete poison once it enters the body.

Excess iron activates ALOX enzymes (there's 8 of them) which ADD oxygen to PUFAs. Excess aluminum in the body further spreads lipofuscin, as does ultraviolet light.

What if I came into your bedroom where you repair and rest and trashed the place? What if I filled up 70% of your bedroom with garbage? Could you get a good nights sleep if your room was full of trash? No, and your cells can't either. Lipofuscin cakes up the lysosomes of your cell which are responsible for the trending process of autophagy.

Red Pill: Autophagy cannot happen with lipofuscin in your body. In other words, detoxification is impossible.

Lipofuscin is largely a combination of PUFAs, heavy metals and estrogen which clog up your entire body and prevent oxygen from getting to the tissue. Are you starting to see a trend yet? Its all accumulations!"

This Matt Blackburn is, in my understanding, a halftruths proponent trying to sell you stuff you do not need.... https://matt-blackburn.com/blogs/news/omega-3s-the-enemy-of-restorative-sleep. Kind of fun to see it for yourself :)

What do you think?

Links:
    Burr, M. M. (1929) https://www.jbc.org/action/showPdf?pii=S0021-9258(20)62690-4

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Brent Patrick and ND Hauf like this.
  2. Is PUFAs and HUFAs are just super unstable and get oxidized in our body? The accumulation of them in our diet and supplementation causes them to be oxidized in the brain causing a lot of neurological disease?

I think

"PUFA's outside of DHA in seafood maybe...........but not DHA in seafood. This is another meme that needs to die."

but would like to expand on it, and where thinking some of you had already done the digging :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good luck.
    I am not holding my breath waiting.
    I am waiting for this since before this board existed.
    Another question:
    Why do sick people (sick with neolithic diseases) have highly excessive DHA?

Freebird and Johan Lindstrøm like this.
  4. In progress :)

From Brain Gut 5, page 8

upload_2022-1-10_9-28-4.png

I read read the whole blog over agein. Good one. It needs attention.

Also relevant: HYPOXIA #15: BLUE LIGHT CAUSES IRREVERSIBLE HYPOXIA IN ALL CELLS, page 3:

upload_2022-1-10_9-24-30.png

Attached Files:

5. NOw, trying to understand:

upload_2022-1-10_10-15-30.png
    https://www.jbc.org/article/S0021-9258(19)57800-0/pdf
    This is the paper Matt Blackburn claims shows that DHA is not essential and primarily leads to oxidation.

upload_2022-1-10_10-15-54.png

Nothing is natural in this study...:

upload_2022-1-10_10-22-49.png

After reading this study, I can in no way see that this "dietitian" can draw his conclusions and claim that DHA is not essential .... quite incredible. However, this study states that DHA is important for the brain. The study only asks why we see a lot of by-products from oxidation of diseased brains.

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Well its not me having done the digging :) - but William Li in his book Eat to beat disease has listed different seafoods under categories of anti-angiogenesis, regeneration, DNA protection and has pacific oysters under the immunity section. There's an immune stimulating polysaccharide in a pacific oyster, for example which when fed to lab mice growing melanoma, "tumour growth was reduced by a remarkable 86 per cent compared to untreated mice. "

Johan Lindstrøm likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Omega-3 fatty acids (DHA, EPA, and ALA) are not essential???
    =================================================
    Let's separate what essential or not essential means.
    ------------
    What I am saying that
    it does not mean short in supply, but these discussions end with conclusions: eat more DHA.
    -----------------------------------------
    Air is essential for breathing, but (usually) it is in abundant supply, just as is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a book by Patricia Kane, who studied these issues, pages of which I posted numerous times,
    people sick with neolithic diseases have super high DHA.
    What those people are not missing
    is more seafood, or at least the DHA that it contains.

I am not questioning that DHA is needed for life, or that its presence allowed life to transform into higher level.
    I am questioning conclusion that we are (desperately) short in DHA intake.

I even see system behind all this.
    Laboratory that does DHA analysis, does not provide UPPER limit for DHA.
    All kind of omega3 indexes are developed to cloud the picture.
    There are likely more of these tricks.

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

The air comparison is interesting in that although its available, it can't always be used - lung disease, or sleep apnoea for example. So if, in neolithic disease, the body is unable to properly utilise DHA, or get rid of excess, the question for me is why ...... and as with lung disease, or sleep apnoea, although there's going to be a few general reasons, there's also likely to be an element of n=1. :)

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

the body is unable to properly utilise DHA, or get rid of excess, the question for me is why
    ==============================================================================
    (In my opinion) this would be a much better question.
    And it should be asked (frequently enough), rather than making (wrong) guesses about DHA status, and push seafood.

But
    we live in times when some goals (usually making more $$), can be achieved by creating a proper kind of crisis.
    --------------------
    Just make sure to not suggest testing DHA directly.
    Make sure to imply that those tests are deficient this way or the other.
    If that does not work, created indexes (to hide).
    I patient insist on testing, send him to endo (so he can waste his time and get tired of asking).

ND Hauf and Johan Lindstrøm like this.
  10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

One of the foods in the Eat to Beat Disease book is flaxseeds, because of its effects on immune function, the microbiome, DNA protection, regeneration. Instead of being anti angiogenic it is in the angiogenic list (as in normal angiogenesis, such as in wound healing). Its in rats blah blah but in section 6 of this paper https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6567199/
    Dietary Flaxseed as a Strategy for Improving Human Health says

"These data suggest that another omega-3 fatty acid, ALA, which is enriched in flaxseed, may have similar functional significance for the brain. When mothers of rats were fed flaxseed during pregnancy, the brains of newborn pups were heavier and contained significantly greater amounts of both ALA and DHA [52]. In pups given milled flaxseed or flaxseed oil soon after birth, these pups showed higher brain mass, demonstrating the value of milled flaxseed particularly in contributing to early postnatal brain development [53]. "

JanSz and Johan Lindstrøm like this.
  11. I think you two are right: this is a better formulation of the issue of DHA intake, integration, accumulation and degradation:
    upload_2022-1-10_15-35-11.png

ND Hauf likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thanks.
    Now the small question, why does that happen?
    Or even before that, please do not feed me with more DHA, I already have 3x more than I should.
    Maybe my DHA is not in the right place, but still, it does not look like more DHA will help.
    -----------------------
    Instead get (spend time here) and get interested in my LOW or very low AA, please.
    My inflammation system is screwed.
    is anybody interested in solving that?

13. Hehe, now I think you have pushed me into a corner :) ... I do not have the answer. Maybe this is the million dollar question?

ND Hauf likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Are you supposed to have all the answers?
    How about instead of you feeling pushed to the corner, you push for the question to be discussed.
    But discussed not in esoteric ways that only dinosaurs could understand. Also do not use any G excuses.
    Assume that you are a low-income Mexican, or Norwegian fisherman, who also wants to live and is looking for useful information, presented in a common language.

15. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

"3X more than I should? What is optimal level. I can now see the ratio being a skewed approach.

16. hehe ... work in progress. And first of all, I'm trying to find out what Dr Patricia Kane's is about. And Atherogenesis as a Protective Mechanism in this book: upload_2022-1-10_17-18-3.png

17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

@JanSz Interesting nuggett from Jack here about arachadonic acid and deuterium, which might link to deuterium depleted water consumption?

"Why seafood over fish oil pills? Deuterium is why. DHA is a PUFA that is supposed to be deuterium depleted from the marine seafood food web while Arachidonic acid is loaded with deuterium in cell membranes. If you overdo your fish oil supplementation you could actually hurt yourself and cause long-term to your Kreb's bicycle function."

https://www.forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/the-cradle-of-humanity.21152/

Johan Lindstrøm and ND Hauf like this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Currently amazon mentions 2007 edition of this book.
    I have 2009 edition.
    Note the:
    THE PK PROTOCOL for
    Chronic Neurotoxic Syndromes
    mentioned on the cover page (of my book).
    --------------------
    She, Patricia Kane was working with her husband.
    Her husband looked like elderly fellow.
    Possibly they both are retired now.
    Their company is still existing.
    That is in New Jersey.
    The PK PROTOCOL was/is borrowing heavily (openly) on East European health innovations.
    Basically, their protocol is aiming at returning long list of fatty acids to its medium laboratory levels.

BodyBio: Innovative Brain & Gut Supplements

https://bodybio.com/

The Detoxx Book: Detoxification of Biotoxins in Chronic Neurotoxic Syndromes, 2007 Edition: Patricia C. Kane, John S. Foster, Domenick Braccia, Edward Kane: Amazon.com: Books

upload_2022-1-10_12-32-46.png

===============================

upload_2022-1-10_12-39-5.jpeg