1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oliveview's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by oliveview, Oct 1, 2013.

1. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Thank you for the insight JK. I am working on building my CT. I am soaking most days for an hour and have worked down to about 58-59 degrees. I am working on staying in longer and going lower with the temps.

2. nicld

nicld Gold

Oh Olive, you are not alone in the weight thing. I am trying my best to be optimal in hopes that the weight will start to drop and I won't have to do another round of HCG but it is hard to be optimistic. Been doing Leptin reset since May and CT since late June and nothing. I am now working on reducing or mitigating the EMF. I am no where near where I was in March and in a way it is sad. But at least now I am not exercising myself to injury and starving myself to get the weight off.

I keep trying to look at the things that are getting better (sleep, libido, energy, mood, brain fog) but when weight is something that is easily seen, it is tough. Kicking those cravings is a great start. The old cliché of it is not a sprint it is a marathon holds so true to getting your health back.

Hold on, it's going to be a ride. Trying real hard to trust the process when not seeing outward results.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are doing great with the C/T ......remember - don't give up - you will just have to start all over! Did you add more fat to your BAB? and lower your protein?

remember....he more fat you eat the more energy becomes available to help refill energy losses.

4. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Day 16 and something has changed. I no longer want food and my hunger is totally gone. I ate most of my BAB this am, a handful of macadamia nuts at lunch and then had a nice piece of grouper for dinner. No real hunger.

I think I'm doing well with the CT. I get 60 degrees or a tad lower for an hour. My only issue is that I have to do this in the evening and I get so very cold as I am warming up while sleeping. The shivers wake me up numerous times at night until I get totally rewarmed. Not really sure how to handle this.

Anyway, all is going well otherwise.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Isn't that amazing when the hunger and cravings go away??? Being craving free is practically worth the price of admission!

the changes will happen slowly and sometimes you don't even notice .... and then, one day, you go WOW ...when did that happen......

6. nicld

nicld Gold

Same thing happens to me when I do night time CT. I have had to switch to only doing it 2X at night during the week since it seems to take me so long to rewarm that it stops sleep and right now, sleep in more important. I have been taking a warmer shower afterwards for a couple of minutes and that helps with the rewarming and probably is the wrong thing to do but I need SLEEP. I do take really long ones on the weekend when I have all day to move around and rewarm. It was really nice in the summer when I could go outside and let the sun rewarm but when the temp is only 55, it will not really be warming. Oh and it is really nice when the hubby lets be snuggle up next to him to rewarm and get some oxytocin release too :)

Good luck and we can do this.

7. freesia

freesia Old Member

Just a suggestion for managing the later baths. Maybe experiment with a shorter time in the bath since you can't do it earlier, then as rewarming gets faster (it does happen!) gradually increase the time in the water again...to tolerance. Tolerance = to where it doesn't impact sleep negatively.
    I had to use a hot water bottle on my feet a few times last winter so I could get to sleep. That was a transitional tool and it didn't hurt! ;)

8. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Thank you everyone for the advice on the CT. I will try and see if it helps. I've been a bit discouraged as my weight was down and now its back up. BUT--I'm still here and still following the program!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

please hang in there! keep a diary of what you eating .... account for everything.......Dr. K. calls it the "Hawthorne affect"