1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oliveview's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by oliveview, Oct 1, 2013.

1. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Hi everyone! Here's my recap from Day 1

Got up and had my BAB with steak and eggs. I had a horrible day at work but stayed full until lunch. Normally I would have done some stress eating but I didn't! YAY! I ran home around lunch because the kids chameleon died (it was a bad day all around) and had ground beef for lunch. Supper was pork tenderloin and a bit of broccoli with butter. I had a nice icy cold shower in the morning and got the house dark by, well...dark.

I am still waiting on my labs to be posted. I had to pick and chose and not get all of my labs at once. I will be going for a physical next week and get some more of them done. I went ahead and got the ones I knew I would have to pay for. I won't get my female hormones checked until early December. I know it's not perfect but it's where I am.

My optimal goals
    1. Feel better
    2. Live longer

Those really are my ultimate goals. I am 46, almost 47, female and morbidly obese. In the last year, for the first time ever, I can't keep up with my family. We just got back from a trip to Disney and I was miserable. I have tried everything to lose weight and nothing works! I lose the first week or two and then that is it. I've even had lapband surgery a number of years ago and it's been a disaster. I am coming to Epi-Paleo with the mindset that it may take me months to start to lose weight, that this is more reset than it is a traditional "diet". Diets don't work and unfortunately I've been shamed and put down by the medical profession saying that I just need to eat less. I know that I have leptin and metabolism issues, maybe hormones as well. I've been talked into antidepressants as well, anything to deal with the pain and the shame of obesity. But I have know from the beginning that there was something wrong with me. It's just nice to find somewhere where people seem to understand!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome and thanks for beginning with a journal

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Olive ....so glad to see you here! Did you get a salivary ASI done?

Please tell us more.....where do you live?

What is your EMF exposure in your house? at work?

When did all this start? How many children? How did your pregnancies go?

Most important how is your sleep? Keep reading and asking questions .........

4. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Day 2 is going well so far but more on that later.

I live in the US, actually on the coast of Georgia.

Lab tests that I am waiting on are Leptin, HS CRP, Hgb A1C, rT3, T4, TSH, TPO, Thyroid Antithyroglobulin, Vit D. I am planning to get more labs next week when I go in for my physical: CMP, CBC, Ferratin, and others. I have not ordered the saliva test yet. Is there somewhere better to order it from?

I was always a active kid and enjoyed sports. When I was a teenager I got injured playing soccer and ended up having 14 knee surgeries in 2.5 years. At that point I gained 100# and my life has never been the same. I always struggled to get the weight off, but in my late 20's I went on phen-fen. I lost 100# in 3 months without even trying. That was the point that I knew there was something very wrong with me. When they pulled it from the market, I gained the weight back...plus some.

I had my 3 children over the course of 3.5 years in my mid to late 30's. I was very obese but did well with my first pregnancy. My second I was sicker and had lots of nausea and vomiting. I actually had a mild case of pneumonia and was on antibiotics when I delivered him. By the time we were pregnant with our third, I think my body was just depleted. I was hospitalized numerous times for dehydration, pre term labor, and I was profoundly anemic. Fortunately, I had great labors and delivered 3 healthy children.

The weight loss only got more and more difficult. We tried every diet there was to try and I just continued to gain weight. I gave in to frustration and had a LapBand done about 5 years ago...that's a whole other post but to sum it up...disaster! I am now up about 35# from the time that I and the LapBand. sigh.

Anyway, I have never been a sleeper. Even as a child I never slept well. I still don't sleep well.

We have very few computers at work and no wifi. We have both at home. I haven't read too much about the EMF exposure but I'm getting there. There is just lots of info to absorb.

If you're still reading, thank you! Comments and suggestions are welcome.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Of course we are still reading! It is a wonder that you are still standing....there are so many red flags in your story.

Dr. K. will have a field day with your history. Thank God your children are healthy.

You are making a great start ...keep going....don't give up...if you do you just have to start again and that really sucks!!

Can you get in the ocean? you need lots and lots of grounding and as much sunlight as you can manage. Walk barefoot in the grass at the very least with as little clothes on as possible - without scaring the neighbours :)

It sounds like you have made a great start on testing. I get my ASI done thru Canary club - ZRT labs. Dr. K.used to recommend them - I don't think that has changed.

I feel very excited for you ..you have a great attitude!

If you can swing it .....become a silver or gold member ....and then you can listen to all the webinars. Dr. K. is very easy to listen to and understand.

One other thing ..drink only spring water

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. veelansu

veelansu New Member

Welcome, there are a few newbies here with you, learning beside you. I look forward to reading about your progress.

7. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Labs are back! Any comments or suggestions?
    Test Name Flag Result Ref Range Units Graph Info
    Hemoglobin A1c 5.6 4.8-5.6

T4,Free(Direct) 1.25 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

TSH 1.740 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL

Thyroglobulin, Antibody <1.0 0.0-0.9 IU/mL

Reverse T3 19.3 9.2-24.1 ng/dL

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy LOW 25.9 30.0-100.0 ng/mL

C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac HIGH 10.79 0.00-3.00 mg/L

Leptin 32.0 ng/mL

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab <6 0-34 IU/mL

Triiodothyronine,Free 3.0 2.0-4.4 pg/mL

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Olive .....Can you posts your labs in the Lab thread....there are a few people who are great at reading labs but they may not see them here.
    BTW - I am not one of them - sorry to say.....Gretchen and Jan are great at it ...and others...

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

If you go to the top of the page and Click on Forum ...top left hand side

and then scroll down 7 categories until you see .... Optimal Labs

10. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Thanks Caroline. I posted them there! Now we are off for a quick trip to the mountains.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Don't forget to walk bare footed and hug trees and swim naked in a river ...and roll around in some mud and have a wonderful time enjoying nature and your family. Get as much sun as possible and refresh your body, mind and spirit.

can you catch some fish ...and then throw them on the barbie? :)

12. oliveview

oliveview New Member

We drove last night to our place here in the mountains. We got to bed very late and I didn't sleep we'll being in a new place. We were able to open the windows and sleep in the cool air. Also, we could hear the trickling of a little creek by our window. Very nice. I've had to eat out dinner last night and breakfast in this morning but I was able to keep on track. It was more like an hour before I had my BAB this morning but that was the best I could do. I had eggs, steak and avocado. Vacation is nice but I look forward to being home and having control over my food.

We (my very supportive husband and I) have been reading about supplements. As I get a handle on the eating, they will be next. Well, that and CT. Lots to do but I'm still feeling motivated! I don't have lots of energy but I certainly don't have carb flu, thankfully. I was lc paleo for a month and then went off for two weeks before starting the leptin rx/epi-paleo. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling too bad.

So today starts Day 4...

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Olive - don't be too concerned with supplements just yet......Dr. K. is't a fan. We need to eat nutrient dense food - and that is what you are doing. Dr.K. just told someone else "get your supplements from a steak"

Are you eating oysters? they are at the top of the epi-paleo list....great brain food!

That is great that you have a very supportive husband ;)

I hate not having control over my food ....I have become a food nazi....

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good point.

Many people, specially those with heartburn, are low on stomach acid.

Betaine hydrochloride with pepsin to the rescue.

15. oliveview

oliveview New Member

We made it home from our trip and I am now completing Day 10 of the Leptin Reset. I really have no cravings and that is a good thing. I'm rather low energy and tired but I don't feel bad per se. I've been keeping my carbs very low. I've started doing CT. I'm able to do 65 degrees for about 45 minutes in the tub. I realize that I have a long way to go but I am making progress.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are doing great.........just keep reading...... and asking questions. Are you able to watch the sleep webinar this month?
    It will be really important......

17. oliveview

oliveview New Member

Not sure about the webinar this month caroline.

This morning the BAB just wouldn't go down. I did CT last night and ended up sleeping late. I'm just exhausted. I guess it's the low carb effect. Rough start to day 11 of leptin reset.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you eating more fat? Having a BPC or BPT is a great way to get in a lot more fat.

Please read the comments that Dr. K. Made in the beginners area - in the thread.... Reversing non traditional nerve damage.

19. oliveview

oliveview New Member

So, today is Day 14 on the leptin reset. My husband and my cousin (who lives with us) are also on the reset. I am feeling somewhat better than I did previously. I think my energy levels are still low but I am working on that. I'm trying not to be frustrated but its hard. I weigh significantly more than my cousin, we are roughly the same age, we eat the exact same thing every day and she is dropping weight fast. I know the reset is not about losing weight but this really stings. I'm trying not to focus on it but it brings me back to the same ole thing of not being able to lose weight. I know that I just have to keep moving forward.

I am going to focus on the positive now that I'm done whining! So, today I am thankful that I have no cravings. What a huge relief it is to not be white knuckling it though those sugar and carb cravings!!

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

the difference is the inflammation and the field affect in both of you........if you are on top of the blog you should be doing massive CT to offset that difference and watch your weight begin to fall away