1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

OK, I'll go next

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Birdy, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Birdy

Birdy New Member

This year I started a VERY STRICT Robb Wolf autoimmune paleo diet with the leptin reset and within 5 weeks I was losing again.

2. jeepifer@gmail.com

jeepifer@gmail.com New Member

Don't you love shopping in your own closet? ;) Congrats on your success, and future success!

3. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Actually, I have been doing less shopping and more tossing.

4. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Thanks for intro. I know what you mean about tossing...I can't tell you how many bags of clothes I have donated in the last 7 months. I told my husband I have NO summer clothes that I can wear. Last September I was in a size 16 shorts and now I am an easy 12 if not a 10 in some sizes. I think the 16's would fall right off my hips.

5. jeepifer@gmail.com

jeepifer@gmail.com New Member

Oh, we should start a clothing swap on here. I'm working my way down, hate having to buy new transitional stuff. LOL

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Nice going, Birdy! You must be adding muscle, since the weight isn't dropping much.

7. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I hope that is what is happening.

8. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Well done, you are on the right track!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

well done on all your hard work. I am working on getting rid of all the blubber around my waist!

10. WandaP

WandaP New Member

Hey, Birdy! This is my first post, and it's to congratulate you. I just started eating differently 3 weeks ago! I've lost 15 lbs. so far. I have about 125 more to go. I'm 63 and have been struggling with weight since I was 40, so it has been a career of it. I have fallen twice and bummed up both knees in the last 11 years, so I've gained from that, but no more excuses! I nearly cried when I was reading a message by Jack to another lady about the leaky gut. I realized that it what I have and why I have struggled without anyone to help me. I was eating just like my husband (honestly, maybe better), but he never gained and I gained 10-15 lbs. a year. I could lose 10 lbs. and would stall. Then I would get discouraged and quit. I was tired of having no answers. I feel the Leptin RX is what I need to fix the leaky gut and get back to the health I want so I can enjoy my 8 grandchildren. I have missed out on so much of their lives so far. I have been there, but never to run and play with them! In Aug. I weighed in at 290 at an emergency trip to the hospital in front of my husband (who had no idea what I weighed). I have never spoken to him about it since. Then after Thanksgiving and Christmas, I weighed 299. One morning, I hit 300 and gasped. Bear in mind, I"m only 5' 3" tall. That is when I found Jack Kruse. It makes sense, so I'm doing this. I have decided to post my weekly loss on FB for my friends as a means of accountability. I had a list of ills a mile long, but swollen, painful feet is no longer on the list.

11. Birdy

Birdy New Member

WandaP, I am so glad things are working for you. It got so discouraging doing things the old way.

12. Birdy

Birdy New Member

oops, wrong place

13. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Congrats Birdy on your successes, especially reducing the belly fat. That is so hard to get rid of.

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Terrific story, Birdy, congratulations!

15. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Great job Birdy, thanks for sharing your story! :)

16. L8F

L8F New Member

Cool story!!

17. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I think the diet is on his website, if you go digging. It is just paleo minus a few things.

18. MJ*

MJ* New Member

What dairy are you able to tolerate now Birdy? I love cheese giving that up would be so hard for me...

19. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I still have samples at stores, but eating cheese usually just makes me want to eat more cheese, so I try to keep "my" cheese block out of the house.

20. Morgan

Morgan New Member

Birdy,

Nice Journal, Nice Work!

:)