1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Oil and protein mixture recipe - An experiment

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Frankie78, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

I’ve been experimenting with how to get more Omega 3 into my diet at a lower cost point. I guess if you’ve got access to high quality, low cost seafood all year round this won’t concern you.

So I think some people may have heard of Johanna Budwig and the so called Budwig diet. In this topic I am only focusing in on the oil and protein mixture.

I think the below section is worth a quick read about Johanna and the diet if you’re interested to know more, if not just skip to my next post.

From the wonderful world of the internet:

Johanna Budwig (30 September 1908 – 19 May 2003) was a German biochemist and author. Budwig was a pharmacist and held doctorate degrees in physics and chemistry.’

‘Based on her research on fatty acids she developed a diet that she believed was useful in the treatment of cancer. She was the first person to be able to separate good fats from fats in general in the blood cells under the microscope. Once she was able to do this she discovered that most critically ill patients had little or no protective lining around the cells in the blood which is made up she discovered of 60% Omega 3. Healthy cells already had this layer of insulation around them.

She then worked on treating these damaged cells with as many types of Omega 3 oils as she could find, to try to replenish their structure to that of healthy cells. She describes her findings in her many books and found that the most successful source of healing the cells was a mixture of a good quality organic flax oil and cottage cheese or quark mixed with freshly ground flax seed. This mixture she found taken over time restored the damaged cells structure and put the protective layer of insulation around the cell to protect the nucleas of the cell from future damage.’

From: Puna Wai Ora Mind-Body Cancer Clinic http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/johanna-budwig-cancer-diet.html

“Dr. Budwig discovered the blood of those with cancer always had gross deficiencies of phosphatides and lipoproteins, while healthy persons did not have this deficiency. This deficiency resulted in reduced oxygen levels in the cells. Dr. Johanna Budwig then developed a simple diet to re-oxygenate the body’s cells. She discovered the saturated fats we were using in our Western diets did not contain pi-electrons. Pi-electrons are like spark-plugs for our cells to help them to “breathe” properly. Pi-electrons allow the body’s cells to assimilate and transport oxygen, and to detoxify cellular waste. Dr. Johanna Budwig discovered the best source of Pi-electrons was found in two unsaturated fatty acids of flaxseed oil. These unsaturated fatty acids (linolenic and linoleic), not only re-oxygenate the body’s cells, they also repair and restore the lipid membranes of all cells in the body, and they do this by replenishing the loss of critically needed phosphatides and lipoproteins that are always as stated earlier, grossly deficient in cancer patients.

But there was one problem. How could Dr. Johanna Budwig get the unsaturated fatty acids of the flaxseed oil into the cells of cancer patients? Only water-soluble solutions can enter cells, and an oil, however fantastic it is, is not water-soluble and therefore cannot enter our cells. After many years of clinical research, Dr. Budwig found that by combining flaxseed oil with the sulphurated amino acids found in cottage cheese – the flaxseed oil would become water-soluble, and immediately available for use by the body’s cells. What has also recently become apparent is just how important the cottage cheese is in the Johanna Budwig Diet. Not only does the cottage cheese make the flaxseed oil water soluble to re-oxygenate the body’s cells to prevent cancer mutations, it contains two ingredients that fight cancer in the best possible way.

The first ingredient is sulphur. Sulphur helps to detoxify the body and prevent the growth of cancer cells. According to the National Cancer Institute sulphur compounds make cells vulnerable to the stress created by products of cell division. Because cancer cells divide very quickly, they generate more stressors than most normal cells. Thus, cancer cells are damaged by the presence of sulphur compounds to a much greater extent than normal cells. The other important ingredient in the whey (the liquid part) of cottage cheese, is dextrorotatory lactic acid. This positive form of lactic acid – when given in high doses - normalizes the cell’s pH to healthy levels of around 7.4pH, which is critical to cancer recovery. Secondly, normalising the pH helps to stimulate adrenaline production, preventing a build up of glucose in cells. The prevention of glucose build-up in cells is critical in cancer recovery, as viral-bacterial-yeast-like fungus feed on and ferment glucose, breaking the cell’s Krebs (oxygen) cycle, causing cells to mutate into cancer cells. Thirdly, dextrorotatory lactic acid of the whey in cottage cheese neutralizes the toxic, levorotatory lactic acid of the tumour into a non-toxic, racemic form. This is of utmost importance, as it removes the stimulus for an increase in the cell division rate. Fourthly, the whey of cottage cheese has powerful anti-microbial and anti-viral properties. Lactoferrin and lactoferricin in whey inhibits bacteria, yeast, fungi, and parasitic protozoa. As normal cells lose their ability to exchange oxygen due to the presence of viral-bacterial-yeast-like fungus - causing them to mutate into cancer cells - killing these microbes is also paramount in cancer recovery. Finally, the whey of cottage cheese stimulates the growth of various cells of the immune defense system including lymphocytes, macrophages / monocytes, humoral immune response, and antibody response.”

2. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

Ingredients and experimenting:

She created her diet way before the crazy food guru’s were on the scene, so I thought it was worth experimenting with the oil protein mixture part. Plus how many food gurus do you know that have doctorate degrees in physics and chemistry and are actively researched their ideas/work and new the sunlight connection to electrons/food. So I think it’s worth checking this out even though I have no scientific background to verify all the above is true.

So for the last few years, I have been using the best quality flaxseed oil I can afford, along with good quality natural Greek Yoghurt, 100% natural whey powder and slight dab of honey. I have been essentially been mixing my own rich mixture of electrons, sulphur and proteins.

This mixture I have found when supplemented with Omega 3 from seafood provides fantastic results. With the seafood you also get your Magnesium and the Zinc that also provides benefits to the oil protein mixture. I’ve also eaten some dark green leafy vegetables like Kale grown from my garden and that’s taken it to another level all together with the bottled water from overseas (yes I am living in the wonderful land down under).

But let’s break down what’s in this oil protein mixture first. By the way if you get a multi meter and test this mixture, you will see how electron rich this protein oil mixture is.

3. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

Flaxseed Oil

There’s probably lots to like and not like about Flaxseed Oil. Hey it can be really toxic if not handled correctly, it goes rancid very quickly and it’s grown from a plant that only wants full sun and light. The risks involved in using this are high. So you’ve got to be on the edge to try this. I recommend looking up everything you can about Flaxseed Oil before you use it.

According to Budwig the most optimal fats are the most oxygen active. Plus it’s got all these other Omega 6s which hey on the face it, you probably most people probably don’t need more of. And of course you can get better complete Omega 3 acids from seafood. But for all those very reasons, it got me very interested.

Let’s look at this break down from the side of the black bottle which is kept refrigerated at all times. I choose an organic version and when it comes to purchasing oil, I choose the best that you can buy. I get small bottles and use it very quickly.

Average Quantity PER 100ml

Energy 3430kJ

Protein 0g

-Gluten NIL

Fat, Total 92.6g

• Saturated 8.4g

• Trans <0.1g

• Polyunsaturated 82g

Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) 50.5g

Omega-6 (linoleic acid) 14g

• Monounsaturated 17g

Omega-9 (oleic acid) 16.8g
    Carbohydrates, Total 0g

• Sugars 0g
    Sodium 0.2mg

So we’ve got this massive amount of ALA Omega 3. And you know that ALA is precursor to EPA and DHA but you’ve heard the conversion rate in our bodies is low. Some say less than one per cent, some say up to 10 per cent depending on various factors. But let’s assume it’s one per cent. That’s good enough for me.

But you can get EPA and DHA directly from those fatty fish we all know. So why bother with that tiny 1 per cent.

From my point of view wouldn’t it be great to get all the ALA, EPA and DHA into your diet to create the maximum benefit.

And also, are there ways to extract more DHA from the ALA source? I think having some DHA and EPA already in your diet helps maximise this conversion. I also have a theory that the conversion of ALA into DHA is increased through making it water soluble with the amino acids in the protein. But that’s just a theory.

So in summary, with Flaxseed Oil, we have a fat derived from a plant made up of mostly these alpha-linolenic, linoleic and oleic acids. Fat derived from plants are deuterium depleted which is a good thing right?

4. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

Whey Protein Powder

Now what I am talking about is 100% whey with no additives. It’s the one that doesn’t mix the best and it doesn’t taste good by itself. Just like the flaxseed oil it tastes crap by itself.

You can get WPC and WPI, types you can get grass fed cows ones in different countries NZ, USA, Australia, Europe etc.... Some have different type of processing but I am looking to get the best buck in terms of price and positive health effect. So here is what I use. It’s just sourced from either Australia or NZ grass fed cows. This is breakdown of what is in it:

Typical Nutritional Information

Natural Per 100g

Energy (kJ) 554

Calories 370

Protein (dry basis) 91.6g

Protein (as is) 88.0g

Fat 0.84g

- saturated 0.29g

Carbohydrates 2.0g

- sugars 0.7g

Sodium 200mg

Amino Acids per 100g of Protein

Branch Chain Amino Acids Other Amino Acids

Isoleucine 6.8g Arginine 2.0g

Leucine 10.2g Cystine 2.4g

Valine 6.1g Glycine 1.9g

Acids Proline 6.4g

Tyrosine 2.5g

Other Essential Amino Acids Aspartic Acid 11.5g

Lysine 8.9g Serine 4.8g

Methionine 2.0g Glutamic Acid 15.7g

Phenylalanine 3.0g Alanine 5.9g

Threonine 7.7g Histidine 1.2g

Tryptophan 0.9g

So look at this at high level. Here you have what they call one of them most bio available sources of protein. And we’ve got more acids. We’ve got acids everywhere!

But this is almost opposite of the Flaxseed Oil.

We’ve got these acids contained in a high protein source.

We’ve got all these essential amino acids from (Whey Protein) and we’ve got all these fatty acids (Flaxseed Oil). One is from a plant (fat) and the other is from grass fed cows (protein).

5. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

Now going back to the ALA in Flaxseed Oil it is highly unsaturated and it has three double bonds in its 18-carbon chain.

So according to Budwig from “Electron Biology and Resonance Absorption of Solar Electrons” A lecture held on 17 June 1966.

“we come to the fatty chain acids with 18 links, and can observe that the links are, in places, not firmly attached to each other. The chain is fragile there, it absorbs water easily – as if you were to fray a smooth silk thread in one place and draw it through water. The frayed part absorbs more water, or dye, more easily. In the same way, these fatty chain acids with their weak, unsaturated connections, form protein associations very easily. The fatty acids become soluble through this association with protein”.

“The moment two unsaturated double links occur together in a fatty acid chain, the effects are multiplied and in the highly unsaturated fats, the so called ‘linoleic’ acids, there is generated a field of electrons, a veritable charge which can be quickly conducted off into the body, thus causing a recharging of the living substance – especially the brain and nerves.”

And from:

The Fats Syndrome and Photons as Solar EnergyA lecture held on 6 April 1972 at the 8th “Vie et Action” (Life and Action) Congress in Tours, 5-9 April 1972.

“The electrons in our food serve as the resonance system for the sun’s energy. The electrons in our food are truly the element of life. Their electro-magnetic field attracts the photons in sunlight. These photons with their own vitality and continual movement, without the physicist cannot imagine life existing, these photons, which are in resonance with the electrons in seed oils, are focused on the same wavelength as the sun’s energy, serve the life element. This interplay of solar energy photons and the electrons in seed oils, which are focused to the very last quantum on solar energy photons, governs all the vital functions.

“Fats which are in accord with solar energy photons, electron rich fats in resonance with the solar energy wavelength, do indeed govern the entire vital function systems. In my work it is fascinating to see that my utilization of the relativity theory’s related quantum physics illustrates how each and every individual vital function’s dynamics are dominated by this exchange of electrons.”

“How can you reach the peak of your development?

Freeing yourself from the influences and effects of radiation and from environmental factors which promote development into the “anti-Mensch”, seem important. These goals, set by the individual who chooses, or by the state and food industries with their organisation and planning, should be able to see that food we eat consists of electron-rich nutrition. An electron-rich food intake which supplies us with the resonance system for our sun’s energy, must once more achieve priority. Such food, as the life element, promotes our sun-attuned energy. This in turns promotes our development in space and time, into the future. The entire self can grow and continue to develop further until, in accordance with the laws of nature which govern light and life, the highest level of our being is achieved.”

Corey Nelson likes this.
  6. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

Natural Greek Yoghurt

These yoghurts are thick and creamy and again you can them with no or minimal additives. By itself this tastes crap too.

We use this yoghurt so we can mix in more oil and powder. It helps solidify the mixture and it’s simply a thick based milk bacteria.

If you know anything about Greek Yoghurt you will know that a by-product of this is whey.

So we’re putting them back together again to create something better than the individual ingredients. It has some carbohydrates and some proteins. Again this product comes from grass fed cows.

I’ve experimented with Quark and Cottage Cheese also. These have higher amounts of protein. But I’ve found the Greek Yoghurt to be cheaper and I can easily adjust the protein mix with the Whey Powder. Notice how little carbs are in this and in the overall oil protein mix.

Ingredients Milk, Cream, Live Cultures (Acidophilus, Bifidus, Casei)

Ave. Qty per 100g

Energy 520 kJ

Protein 3.4g

Fat, total 10.4g

• Saturated 7.1 g
    Carbohydrate 4.3 g

• Sugars 4.3 g
    Sodium 33 mg

Calcium 111 mg

7. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

Honey

By adding a small drop of honey, I am introducing a natural sugar into the mix.

Just a small amount is needed and you can really taste it. It adds a small amount of flavour.

8. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

Summary

The Whey and Yoghurt help emulsify the flaxseed oil. When mixing the Flaxseed Oil, Whey Protein Powder the oil disappears. All these acids which are rich in electrons are mixed together. When you mix it the oil in no longer seen and you get this nice creamy texture.

The great thing is you can adjust all three ratios to create a mixture that best suits your electron and protein needs.

And the carbs are not coming from any plant source, only from the sugars that are fermented by the bacteria in Yoghurt.

As you can see by taking carbs out of the equation you can focus only on the fats and proteins for this mixture. If you have a little seafood and get some marine Omega 3, you will be able to magnify the effects.

Combine this with good water and sunlight you’ll be able to make the most from the sunlight and photons hitting your skin.

You can experiment with oil quantities and protein amounts to make a mixture that really suits your needs. You can search online for the so called proper mixture ratios that Johanna created but you can also experiment.

• Going out in full sunlight in summer and not doing much exercise well bump up the flaxseed oil slightly more.
    • Not going out, it’s dark and winter, well cut down on the flaxseed oil part and add slightly more whey protein and adjust yoghurt level.
    • Heavily exercising, in full sun well add right ratio of flaxseed oil, Greek yoghurt, whey powder and honey but bump up the total quantity consumed. Maybe increase honey.

• Heavily weight exercising and no sun, bump up whey protein levels and lower down flaxseed amount and add more Yoghurt.
    • Understand your body and experiment by taking it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Adjust mixtures and quantities to suit.
    • Also play around with having different types of fatty fish and oysters etc…Get some marine Omega 3’s into your diet also.

• Look at the sunlight environment you’re in and when you’ve built up enough solar callus see how you go being exposed to full sunlight in summer on this mixture.

• Play around with adding a little Coconut Oil.

Are you concerned about the amount of Omega 6’s in the flaxseed oil? Well if you’re on a standard diet, yes it may concern you. However if you’re watching what you put into your body carefully you won’t have this issue. I never worried about ratios and I think that Omega 6’s from good sources that are integrated with other proteins, acids and healthy amounts of Omega 3 and 9 are good for you. I also eat mixed nuts and I especially like pumpkin seeds.

I’m probably right on the edge of playing around with this oil protein mixture. I’ve had great results from it combining it with things I have learnt from these forums.

Would be interested to hear from anyone else who tried this oil protein diet or heard of Johanna Budwig.

Also would be interested to know what other think of this mixture?

9. Frankie78

Frankie78 New Member

This section may have not come out correctly, so I will post it again

Amino Acids per 100g of Protein

Branch Chain Amino Acids Other Amino Acids

Isoleucine 6.8g Arginine 2.0g

Leucine 10.2g Cystine 2.4g

Valine 6.1g Glycine 1.9g

Acids Proline 6.4g

Tyrosine 2.5g

Other Essential Amino Acids Aspartic Acid 11.5g

Lysine 8.9g Serine 4.8g