1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nyseides: not just another pretty constellation

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by nyseides, Jul 29, 2013.

1. nyseides

nyseides New Member

Hi guys. Its my pleasure to write with great passion about finding and trying to figure out how to do this "Jack Kruse Thing." Its not the beginning of my transformation, not by a long shot. I've been in the process of getting to optimal for years, I guess going back to getting Sober in AA 22 years ago. That was a good first step. I've made a lot of changes in my world since then. I've come a long way baby.

In school I studied Biochem and nutrition in university, and worked in dietetics, ugh, in hosptial. I also worked at the Faculty of Medicine at U of Toronto as a research assistant. Reading medical journals was my idea of a good time. But as a girl who had autoimmune problems that conventional medicine made sicker, I was always seeking solutions outside the box. I became a Registered Holistic Nutritionist in 98 in Toronto and joined the ranks of the Vegetarians and got fatter.

I've been low carb for a long time now, but suffer depression every time I get 6 months in. The last time that happened is when I discovered Jack Kruse who seemed to say I might not have that problem in the presence of enough Iodine, so I got tested for that, and viola, I am Iodine deficient and prolly bromine-toxic.

For months I dabbled in the Leptin Reset protocol but found it hard to stop binge eating carbs. I restarted for the umpteenth time about 10 weeks ago, and I nailed it. No binges. The trick was to eat lots of coconut oil in my coffee, and eat enough, actually eat 50 g, or more, of protein. It will kill your hunger. And eating that early will help your clock.

I've always thought of myself as a kid who had no internal clock. I mean, I had insomnia my whole life, was necessarily a "night owL" as are many survivors of child abuse. But even before that, I've read that babies adopt mama's clock, and as an infant reliquinshed for adoption by 15 year old living in a home for wayward girls, 1964, mom wasn't even allowed to touch me in the incubator as the story goes. In my old "Parent-Finders" group, before I met my birth mom, we used to say that babies who had no mom to go to, had to go right to God to survive. Its how I understand surviving that.

I have since discovered I do have an internal clock, works just fine, lets me fall asleep by 10 without meds lol, wakes me up before my alarm goes off at 530 every morning. I take my T3, go back to bed till 7 and get up, go for a walk to get sunshine in the retinas. Eat BAB within half hour. Even if I don't improve anything else, the ability to have a routine like this has improved my life beyond measure. Made me feel like I qualified for my membership card, human race, vs some subhuman night crawling thing.

I'm brand new to posting on the forums, but have been lurking for months. I look forward to helping you if I can be of service. My specialities include but aren't limited to research, advocacy, translating medical shit to the layman, motivating others, being a great floor model (i mean role model lol), and public speaking.

I just found a great job I want. Do you think they'd let me use Kruse protocols? Take a look. Be well.

http://www.thunderbay.ca/Assets/City+Government/Employment/docs/2013/Health+$!26+Wellness+Coach+(CMGR-12-13).pdf

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Nyseides, welcome to the world of journals. I look forward to reading yours!

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thankyou for posting your story - this will be so helpful to so many people. Most of us didn't have a perfect childhood or have a perfect life and we can and do survive and - dare I say - thrive...

I hope that we hear lots more from you.....

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

perfect is a myth......the road to optimal is paved with failures and learning from them