1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nut butter cravings

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Eve, Jul 21, 2012.

1. pypeUtEnnylat

pypeUtEnnylat New Member

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, I always check out the veggie section, and if there is a sale on greens or carrots, I grab them. I have two hungry rabbits at home..

3. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

It's cool to read through these old conversations when looking for possible answers to questions I have, this one being- why am I so "ready" to disregard what I am doing for myself (healing leaky gut and much more) for a bit of dark chocolate (milk chocolate wouldn't satisfy this craving, maybe that says something), salty roasted almonds (or pistachios), and carbs- say large amounts of something low in sugar like... dark chocolate covered almonds........... or even a big fat yam loaded with kerrygold.

4. ChrisnJr

ChrisnJr Silver

I’m going through the exact same thing. Struggling through a leaky gut diet and craving peanut butter and almond butter like crazy. Usually with bananas or dates. It’s to the point where my wife has to hide the peanut butter and bring it to work. I sit there and spoon it in knowing full well how bad it will make me feel......

5. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Every time you get a craving for nut butter just smoke a cigarette instead. Will power.

6. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Peanut butter carries a lot of mold not to mention I'm pretty sure the Justins has added sugar (not positive). Also, PB is high in Omega 6 and contains oxalates. Just saying, might be worth skipping. On the other hand, if it gets you eating sardines, rock on!!

7. Inger

Inger Silver

errr... idk what is worse.. nut butter or cigarettes.... :mmpft:

drezy likes this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

My body does not like nutbutter either I do not eat them.
    I do not keep stuff at home that is not good for me.
    When I lived with my ex husband and I still had cravings I forbid him to keep anything at home that could have messed me up. If he wanted it, he needed to eat it outside home. It worked great that way :) (and no, this is not why he is now my ex....lol)

What if you get you some really good quality organic raw fresh nuts instead? :)
    That is what I would do... might be something in nuts your body needs right now?

I have no issues with good quality nuts. Just make sure they are not old and rancid, and they should be organic and best is, raw.

shah78 likes this.
  9. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I have few dietary vices (I eat to live rather living to eat like so many people).

But one thing I indulge in is delicious peanut butter (organic, of course).

I use it rarely as a special treat. Life is short so I don't feel guilty about a bit of extravagant indulgence.

I know it is problematic in many ways, including mold toxins.

One hack for those who enjoy a smidgen of peanut butter now and again is to take some activated charcoal before eating it. It should help absorb any mycotoxins you ingest. Like all nut butters, it is important to refrigerate peanut butter at all times to avoid rancidity (that may be masked by PB's strong flavor).

Being of northern European ancestry I steer towards hearty, fat-rich foods in winter and cooler seasons. Fruits and grocery veggies just simply don't satisfy or nourish at that time.

Corey Nelson likes this.