1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nowhere to go but UP!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Hope2Learn, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

ok Hope - here is my best guess for what is going on with you... your teeth are infecting you, cruising into your eyes via an acupuncture medidian, causing your lymphocytes to attack, creating cellular debris in your lymph nodes and you're either not clearing the lymph because your cranial sacrum pump isn't working well so it's not pumping the lymph out and/or you have so many toxins coming from your mouth that it is overwhelming the lymph's ability to clear itself out...

How to solve this? Clean your teeth - a lot - I would recommend drowning them in hydrogen peroxide and baking soda - frequently - in addition to that, you most likely are inflammed in general due to your sugar and SAD diet in general - which creates more crap in your lymph nodes - the dehydration from the EMF probably doesn't help the lymph flow either - you might be harboring some microbes under your fillings... they live under biofilms...

Using this chart, here are the tooth numbers with merideans leading to the eyes:

https://www.google.com/search?q=numbered dental chart teeth&rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS620US620&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&tbm=isch&imgil=BKgZ_Qum1q3BXM%3A%3BDy7kMHnTy8pYBM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.mexicandentalclinic.com%252FTijuana-Dental-Chart.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=BKgZ_Qum1q3BXM%3A%2CDy7kMHnTy8pYBM%2C_&usg=__nas5fW4_wzczJydA8cgwwV0tNdw=&ved=0CCkQyjc&ei=R16tVLaDI5TkoASb-oL4AQ#imgdii=_&imgrc=BKgZ_Qum1q3BXM%3A;l44eqn3Qpe1QGM;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mexicandentalclinic.com%2FTooth_chart_2.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fbesttoddlertoys.eu%2Ftag%2Fdental-chart;1242;749

#1,2,3,6,7,8,9,10,11,14,15,16,17,20,21,28,29,32

So, as I was learning about the lymphatic system this morning - gee that was eye opening - I read that someone with lymphoma would have lymph that was cancerous - wondering if there was a relationship between glaucoma and lymphoma, I found this:
    http://journals.lww.com/glaucomajou...ion_of_Lymphoma_associated_Open_angle.13.aspx

Apparently, this person had lesions in her lymph, and this caused glaucoma - which resolved after removal of the tumors in the lymph... I don't know what other correlation one would need at this point...

So, here is a video on how to massage your lymph glands to clear them - be maximally hydrated of course for this and don't press too hard or they can rupture - this was also mentioned in the Tennant book BTW... Tennant uses electricity to do the massage he says: "By gently following the normal flow of lymphatic sewage with the electrode, the tubes begin to move the sewage along. It is important to be sure the patient is hydrated. One must start where the system flows into the heart just behind the clavicles. Next open the neck channels. Now start down the body. As you are opening the channels, it is important to be sure the lymph nodes are able to pass the fluid through them. This can be accomplished by pressing on them like you are pressing the fluid out of a sponge. The hardest one is the thoracic duct that takes the sewage from the inguinal area to the heart. It runs deep in the body next to the aorta. It requires some training to do this successfully."

"Remember, the channels above the naval run to the nodes in the axilla (armpits) whereas the channels below the naval run to the inguinal region and then deep into the thoracic duct. When the thoracic duct is obstructed, people get fluid retention below the belly button. They think it is strange that they are getting fat just below the belly button and not above it. It's not fat; it's sewage."

"The essential oil Bay Laurel is also helpful in getting the lymphatics to drain. So is a mini-trampoline."

"Remember the reason we have a lymphatic system is to get rid of waste proteins because they are too large to fit into the various capillaries. The waste proteins are from worn out proteins in the cells."

"We replace the rods and cones in our retina every 48 hours, so we create a lot of "sewage" in our eyes. Therefore we need a special system capable of handling all this sewage. The inside of the eye is hollow so it has the room for all this sewage. To keep it flowing, some fluid is added by the lining of the focusing muscle (ciliary body) secreting what is known as "aqueous humor". Thus aqueous humor is like extracellular fluid in the rest of the body."

He also says that massage therapists can do it too hard and cause a rupture...
    http://massage-tutorials.wonderhowto.com/how-to/massage-clear-your-lymph-nodes-143153/

So there you go - if I think of something else, I will certainly let you know:)

I just thought of something: you can also look up: dry skin brushing - it's used in autism to clear the lymph from toxins:

Or just do a lot of jumping... :)

And here is an eye massage lymph draining video that looked cool and felt good:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Hope2Learn likes this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

Hope... dear... if it makes you feel any better... i am in the same boat as you..... it hurts to see the filth in the corners :( in my corners are a lot, unfortunately. I think I lost my boyfriend.... in the beginning he really wanted me to come live by his place... but lately he thinks i need to stay here, find a real work and get my head together.... which he sure is right about. I understand he does not like too much the ex husband helps me with money so i just have to work a little bit.... and i have lots of things that are very weird to him that i have not hidden either... blueblockers.... early bed times... MHS... well i think those are good things but I sure understand he is shocked... then there are bad things too... like how hard time i have to trust. Really broken in that way after my marriage. This i guess is what have done the damage the most. I really love him... i do... and it breaks my heart it went like this but i just could no better at the time. I was at his place Christmas and i did no good. I just was so exhausted from too little sleep and stuff i just did not behave appropriately i guess. I am so ashamed but i can not go back. I can apologize but it may be too late. So i just try to think, there is lots of stuff for me to learn from this... so i go along and execute the stuff i learned from the boyfriend, i am searching for a real job now to not be dependent on my ex husbands money (but he loves to help, that is...) - and it actually feels very good, i am so excited. :) :) :) Had my first interview today... went great! I am so waiting to stand all on my own feet money wise... it is going to be great! The boyfriend is very wealthy... i guess those guys easily think women are only after their money too? So if i have none and he has a lot it is kind of a mismatch? And i will have to heal and learn to trust... the worst thing is i am so open.. and tell about my weird thoughts and fears and what i have experienced.. and for another person it can be very upsetting i guess... i need to learn to keep stuff for myself too. So yeah... i might have lost it... but i refuse to let it drag me down... yeah, i can cry, cause it hurts too, but then i shake off the tears and i just stand up and go on..... change things that i did wrong in the past. Every experience is good for something, even if it was hurtful. And the boyfriend have given me so many beautiful moment for which i am so thankful... who knows.. maybe it is not too late but it seems like it is. Anyhow i am going to go forward and take good care of me and implement all i have learned and learn from where i failed. I am feeling so positive about life and i, strangely, feel so happy even if it is not easy! That is always a blessing when we can learn something new, and change for the better................ :) :) :)

i think we are all here on earth to learn our lessons... the sooner the better, so come on challenges! Uh! ;)
    (the most painful thing i guess is to see ones owns failures....:confused:. But the pain can be changed into joy ;).. when we just do the changes!)

sorry for me rambling in your journal now....:rolleyes:

Hope2Learn, fitness@home and Josh like this.
  3. Penny

Penny New Member

Hi Inger:)

I think if you show enough love and humility to someone you don't want to let go of, you can win them back:) I can relate to the sharing thing - the world has just about choked that out of me at this point though:)

4. Hope2Learn

Hope2Learn We are all connected.

Right now I am in "taking it all in" mode, and not quite ready to type (rare for me!), but just wanted to acknowledge you both, Inger and Penny, and thank you for posting and sharing your insights, expertise, musings, etc with me here... and Inger, above all else - stay true to yourself. :love:

*group hug* :love: :love: :)

Anita likes this.
  5. Hope2Learn

I went out and ran some errands. I went to a new grocery store (new for me anyway) and thought about your adventurous shopping trips and meals and things while I wandered through teh asian section. I had no idea what anything was, and too much of it was boxed and packaged aind no longer really "asian" so I didn't buy anything but reshly prepared vegetable sushi.. but anyway, just wanted to say that your comments do stick with me, so please don't think my short answer about the weather earlier meant that I don't. It is just gearing up to be a record cold temperature here tonight, that's all. :)

Lahelada likes this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

make sure you watch the MSG in any packaged especially asian packaged food - citric acid, natural flavor, see www.unblindmymind.org for the glutamate list... actually, it's quite an inspiring site...

Hope2Learn likes this.
  7. Hope2Learn

I found out at the store today that I can buy grass-fed meat (OMG it's so expensive!!) and dairy there. I didn't find pastured poultry though so I bought a regular chicken cut in quarters to make chicken bone broth from. Well, and bone stock/broth. Is this a good recipe for it, considering the reasons it was recommended to me earlier in my journal, anyone know?

http://thenourishingcook.com/go-primal-stock-up-on-stock/

I bought apple cider vinegar because the recipes I looked at pretty much all called for it.

Shall I be drinking it afterwards or using it in recipes or what? :)

8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Nooo,it is all good. Great you ventured out.
    I was out myself dojng errands but my challenge was 30C with 90% humidity.
    Pity you could not find anything except sushi but who knows next tme.

9. Hope2Learn

I'm having a hard time figuring out which of my teeth have been pulled because the very back ones have moved to fill in the spaces. I believe 4 and 19 have been removed along with all wisdom teeth (which are 1, 16, 17, and 32).

10. dantothep

dantothep Follow life's little clues...

I read all your journal as you are starting the journey at the same time as me.......congrats on your whirlwind of an account!

Found an Algae only source of DHA http://opti3omega.com/ - not sure what its like but as you asked I thought I would send it!

Hope2Learn likes this.
  11. Hope2Learn

I see my GP tomorrow morning to request some labs and I can only have a chance of having insurance cover the ones that I have a good medical reason for. Just getting my thoughts in one place about what to request.

http://jackkruse.com/what-are-the-optimizing-labs/

"Lab Panels
    1. VO2 Max assessment (cardio pulmonary findings lead to a work up if needed.) HAVE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES, MOST RECENTLY AROUND 2009. NOT NOW.
    2. Initial visit DEXA with body comp. Optimization a DEXA scan to include body composition scores. TIME TO RE-TEST. WILL MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
    3. F/U visits I use BIA assessments to monitor progress and limit radiation exposure.

4. Neuro cognitive battery of tests to assess processing speed, response speed, memory , learning, and attention repeated annually. DONE AROUND 2010. NOT NOW.

5. Chemistry 20 MAYBE..? DOESN"T SEEM NECESSARY AS A BASELINE MEASURE SO MUCH AS TWEAKING LATER..?

6. Liver function testing IS THIS THE SAME AS A COMPLETE METABOLIC PANEL? IF SO, DONE IN OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER.

7. Serum Iron, TIBC, Serum Ferritin and Iron % Saturation IF MY THYROID SUCKS I"LL GET THESE ON FOLLOW UP IN A FEW MONTHS.

8. Lipid panel: VAP and/or NMR analysis LIPIDS DONE IN 2013. WILL REQUEST A RE-TEST. INS. WANTS THIS DONE YEARLY ANYWAY.

9. Homocysteine level MAY REQUEST ON FOLLOW UP.. ?

10. Complete CBC with differential and platelet count (sometimes an Ivy bleeding time) DONE IN NOVEMBER.

11. Hormone panel includes (gender specific)……serum and salivary cortisol, Total testosterone, Free testosterone, % Free T, DHT, LH, FSH, Estradiol (E2) high sensitivity, DHEA-S, PSA, IGF-1, Consider based upon history testing levels of progesterone, pregnenolone, melatonin, serum and urine Osmolarity, Prolactin levels I ASSUME I MUST PAY FOR THESE OUTRIGHT..NOT SURE A GP CAN EVER GET INSURANCE TO COVER THIS STUFF..?

12. Complete thyroid panel with antibody screening (TPO etc) WILL REQUEST - HISTORY OF FATIGUE..?

13. Complete Urinalysis (women get beta HCG if they menstruate) WILL REQUEST BUT DON'T KNOW IF MY GP WILL DO IT. WHAT REASON IS THERE?

14. Highly Sensitive CRP (Not a regular CRP) LAST DONE IN 2009. WILL REQUEST - CARDIOLOGY REASONS/PAST HISTORY.

15. Complete Vitamin D panel WILL REQUEST - GOES WITH HS-CRP, FATIGUE PURPOSES, S.A.D./DEPRESSION REASONS.

16. Omega 6/3 serum test (for severe findings consider tissue assay) WILL REQUEST - FISH ALLERGY/NUTRITION REASONS.

17. Fasting serum insulin and HbA1c assessment FASTING SERUM INSULIN DONE IN AUGUST.

18. No panel is complete without an ASI and salivary melatonin level. Read Brain Gut 11 to understand why. WILL REQUEST.
    The next set of labs are considered add ons if the patients’ history or physical require it being looked at."

"Inflammatory/autoimmune panels
    1. EBV panel DONE IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER
    2. ANA panel PREVIOUSLY DONE
    3. Complete Cytokine AssayNOT SURE WHAT THIS IS, PROBABLY WON'T DO RIGHT NOW.
    4. Candida Antibodies PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA. WONDER IF MY GP WOULD ORDER THIS OR..?
    5. Helicobacter IgG panel PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA. WONDER IF MY GP WOULD ORDER THIS OR..?
    6. Hep A, B and C titers DONE IN OCTOBER
    7. Breakout of Cytokine panel NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS, PROBABLY WON'T DO RIGHT NOW.
    8. ESR DONE IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER
    9. RA factor PREVIOUSLY DONE
    10. SLE screen PREVIOUSLY DONE
    11. T Lymphocyte helper suppressor assay JUST HAD FLOW CYTOMETRY IN OCTOBER AND DETAILED TESTING DONE IN NOVEMBER INCLUDING C4/C8 RATIO ETC, IS THIS THE SAME THING?:
      "Procedures/Addenda
      8-Total Lymphocyte Panel Date Ordered: 10/10/2014 Status:
      Signed Out
      Date Complete: 10/10/2014
      Date Reported: 10/10/2014
      Interpretation
      The sample viability is 98%. Flow cytometric analysis identifies 24%
      lymphocytes. The T-cells are 21% with no pan T-cell marker deletion and a
      normal CD4:CD8 ratio (2.17:1). There are 2% NK-cells and 1% B-cells that
      are polytypic. The flow data do not find either a T-cell or a B-cell
      lymphoproliferative disorder.

Results-Comments
      Markers tested: 24

CD2, CD3, CD4, CD5, CD7, CD8, CD10, CD11c, CD19, CD20, CD22, CD23, CD25,
      CD34, CD38, CD45, CD56, CD71, CD79b, CD103, FMC7, HLA-DR, Kappa Light
      Chains and Lambda Light Chains"

"WBC Count (PB)4000 - 11000 /uL5100
      Lymph Count (PB)830 - 4340 /uL1372
      CD3 Count600 - 3000 /uL1158
      CD3%57 - 90 %84
      CD4 Count410 - 1740 /uL762
      CD4%30 - 67 %56
      CD8 Count150 - 1100 /uL403
      CD8%7 - 42 %29
      CD4/CD8 Ratio0.80 - 5.20 RATIO1.89
      CD19 Count75 - 660 /uL106
      CD19%3 - 27 %8
      NK Cell Count30 - 680 /uL97
      NK%2 - 27 %7
    1. IL 8, IL 1 B or TNF alpha analysis NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS, OR IS FOR, SO NOT NOW.

12. Hope2Learn

Good morning! 6:09am here and my daughter's school has a two hour delay due to windchill temperatures. This has only happened here once before that I recall in the past 30 years or so. Right now it is -15F / -26C but the amazing thing is that up in the Adirondacks where we go for vacation each summer it is currently SO cold that F and C are the same .... -38. They say exposed skin for five minutes gets frostbite in this weather. Crossingguards are wearing facemasks. Eyelashes are frozen like Inuits in Alaska. Crazy cold day. Of course it's still pitch black out but where I live it's dark until 730 and dark again at 430... so much of my waking hours are in darkness with artificial light.

Which brings me to the question, what exactly is the deal with blue blockers - do we put them on when it gets dark out so that our eyes don't think it is still daylight and so our melatonin production ramps up? If so, I should not put them on in the morning because despite the sun still being down, I must wake up. Right?

Or option two would be, put them on at 430pm when the sun goes down and put them back on upon waking and leave them there until 730am when the sun comes up.

Or the third option would be, if artificial light is damaging to your eyes, that ANY time I am exposed to ANY blue light/artificial light I put them on to protect my eyes due to my glaucoma.

I'm not really sure which it is, because I don't have the education about blue light yet. So I can't actually figure out what to do based on people saying "buy these blue blockers for blue light and especially wear them in the evening" without context.. because that could mean it's only important when you're trying to ramp up melatonin for bedtime, or it could mean that some people are lucky enough to live where they only put on artificial lighting in the evening, so they only think to advise others to wear the glasses in the evening because they presume there will not BE any artificial light the rest of the time.

In which case, that advice doesn't work for me because I am in artificial light 24/7 except for sleeping hours, because it's dark here year round due to clouds.

But if I wear them ALL THE TIME because of artificial lighting ALL THE TIME, then I am pretty sure that means my body will always only make melatonin and never wake up via cortisol spiking... so in my case I should NOT wear blue blockers EVER because to block out more sun would be even more confusing to my eyes, right? Maybe that is why I sleep way worse the past two nights after wearing them much of the day and night.

ACtually if it has to do with cortisol/melatonin AT ALL, then I would think putting on blue blockers in times of stress would be a good plan to limit cortisol dumping.

But that doesn't seem like sound science so I really need to know why I was told to wear these things so that I know WHEN to use them. Someone told me how to fish but didn't teach me and now I'm hungry all over again! ;)

http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-11-is-technology-your-achilles-heel/ - yes I'm reading this. I haven't found anything in the book yet about it so I'll see if this explains what I need to know. I'm a "but WHY??" kinda girl.

13. Hope2Learn

"KEY POINT: This is also why peri and menopausal women’s FBG go up once their ovaries have failed. Ladies pay attention to it. Very few clinicians seem to know this, so they do not pay attention to it. Look at your own glucose levels on your labs. If they are over 88 you likely have this issue as well. I pay attention to it. When we have have high normal blood glucose it is a sign of brain damage. High normal blood glucose causes the brain to shrink! I have been on the artificial light rampage for 10 years now because I found I was very sensitive to it myself before i fixed the problem."

Going backwards from most recent:

2014 labs: On November 26 my fasting blood glucose was 76. On October 9 it was 86. On August 15 it was 103.

previous labs: In October of 2007 it was 92, and in August of 2007 it was 86.

My mother and oldest brother were/are type 2 diabetics. My favorite food group is carbohydrates. I will have to keep a strict eye on this.

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

LOL from another "but why" girl.
    Evening is defined asthe time when nite sets jn so yes your evening starts at 4.30 pm.

Blueblockers regulate your circadia rythm. That is more than melatonin/cortisol
    balance but yes they are key players.
    Speaking as a lat why girl you need to adoptt the question why not? But why is a symptom of high cortisol when the search leads to a merry runaround without decision,depletes dopamine etc and have you jumpjng on every bandwagon coming along. I know Jacks site is unwieldy but if you google for example "jack kruse" chicken,fowl foul you get search results from the blogs,if you google the same with "jack kruse forum" you will get results from posts here. I mention chicken for a reason....
    When blue blockers ? When you switch on blue light when there is darkness. Blue light destroys DHA which if you have lived on fast food or the standard American diet you will be lacking. The omega 6 omega 3 ratio in almost any Western
    n diet is way out of whack.

How are you dojng with drinking RO water?
    Btw ,I used the google chicken example for a reason.Chicken even freespirited,hippy yoga loving Chicken doing the downward dog at the point of being slaughtered.;)
    is not a recommended protein. High on the list are pork andbeef ,offal being the star of all.

Phew that is cold. Glad I did not accept the job in Upstate NY. I like cold but useable cold.
    A warm hug from down here.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  15. Hope2Learn

"Blue light after sunset reduces the prolactin surge we normally see in humans. When we see chronic lowered prolactin surges we also see lower growth hormone secretion during the anabolic phases of sleep. Lowered chronic GH secretion directly affects cardiac and skeletal muscle function because the process of autophagy is made less efficient as our life continues. Lowered GH and the sex steroid hormones at sleep lead to loss of cardiac function. This is why heart failure is strongly associated with low IGF-1 and low sex steroid hormone levels. When growth hormone is not released in normal amounts, it also decreases our lean muscle mass, and increases our body fat percentage in all our organs and in our body. This leads to slowly declining organ dysfunction and poor body composition."

Okay. Put 'em on when it gets dark out, then. Gotcha. Will still read the rest of this though of course.

16. Hope2Learn

Oh I am so NOT a bandwagon girl. I'm a hardcore negative skeptic who tends to pessimistically ignore every bandwagon that goes by, often laughing and pointing at the poor saps who are so naively on it.

In this case, however, we're talking about educating ourselves about scientific facts, which is entirely different. I consider this a free university level course on science/biology/nutrition/chemistry. Cults are bandwagons. Until Jack starts selling tiny homes in a city he owns and builds himself as an EMF-Free zone complete with neighborhood / community CT stations / rainwater catchment bins, community free organic gardens, and a commune-style free-range organic farm setup, this is no cult. :p

So I'm still confused. First you mention putting them on at evening but hen you said anytime you have artificial light. I wasn't joking when I said that we can't live here during the day without artificial light. It is on literally any time i am awake or else it's too dark to even read most of the time.

So which is it? Put them on from wake to bed because that's when I'm exposed to blue/artificial light? Or only put them on once the sun goes down?

Still reading to try to figure this out. :)

PS - I need that warm hug! Right back at you! *hugs*

17. Hope2Learn

LOL I still have no idea about the answer to this. I think taht everything is written with teh mindset that people don't use artificial lights during the day, so Jack only talks about artificial light non-specifically and/or regarding evening/nighttime use.

This doesn't seem to take into account the areas like mine where you must use artificial light from wake to sleep unless you are outdoors (where it is -26C/-15F right now and I will not be going until about May).

18. Kristi Lambert

Kristi Lambert New Member

Hi, Hope :) ...Maybe this will help - Gretchen works in an artificial light hellhole and she uses the amber glasses at work...

Hope2Learn likes this.
  19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hope you are defining day by function. You use blue light to replace the sun in your winter months. The blu blockers are there to give a signal to yourb body that it is now night deal with it,body. So if you have the ight onat 1 pm because a snow storm is passing is immaterial. It is daytime for your body, the blue blockers say ok you had your fun in the sun/under the kitchen lamp now do all the night stuff.

Re hard science questions/matters : yes but the basics are light,water and magnetism . The lowest hanging fruit (easiest)in the season you are in is water as all it takes is a trip to the supermarket to buy RO water,next is magnetism. This is the season when you are meant to be cold...Now of course that does not mean go out in a bikini but how high is your thermostat set? Is it summer inside and winter outside? (also a circadian mismatch)

Hope2Learn likes this.
  20. Hope2Learn

Ah thanks that does give some much needed insight! So I should have mine on from sunup to sundown unless I go outside for some reason.

Hmmm, oddly I find that they make me slightly nauseous after awhile and they completely ruin my sleep after wearing them all day/night. I find this anomaly very, very interesting.

I'm glad I came here for BHRT advice and not a total lifestyle overhaul, otherwise I'd feel overwhelmed and much worse about myself by now, LOL. On a random but related note, I sure wish fluorescent lights didn't buzz. It's about deafening in here (nobody else hears it but me, sometimes I think they're either insane or half deaf but they assure me that it's just me).

Well, it is less than pitch black outside now so at least that's something. Yesterday I got lucky and around 1pm the sun peeked out from the clouds, so I ran errands in order to get some. It was lovely. We dont' get that very often here. Fingers crossed that it happens again today at some point.