1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nowhere to go but UP!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Hope2Learn, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Hope2Learn

Hope2Learn We are all connected.

The last time I posted was a bad bad day for my mood. But an hour or two later that morning I was batshit crazy. By the time I was about to just sign myself in to a clinic someplace and let them put the straight jacket on me, I had hte thought "WHAT THE HELL DID I PUT INTO MY BODY THAT WAS DIFFERENT THAT COULD BE MAKING ME LIKE THIS"

And it hit me.

The night before I had taken my daughter out for ice cream and I told her, this is the first dairy I've had in like 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see how it affects me.

O. M. G.

Between that and the burger and fries I had that day from a fast food place, I think I discovered the culprit.

I don't know WHAT they put into our cows that causes me to behave like a 13 year old girl with her period when I ingest anything that comes out of them, but my God. Anyway, back to my self imposed exile.

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good to see you. Was thinking of you when listening to this podcast.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  3. Hope2Learn

I will have to watch that one tomorrow morning over coffee. :)

Guess what? My boy is in rehab!! He's been in jail since October and it wasn't the first time and all these times and months we've been trying and trying toget him in there.. shoot, for years now, maybe going on 3 years? I can't even keep track of how long it's been now that this has been an issue... and a few minutes ago the phone rang and it was a strange number and i picked up and I heard my boy's voice, and he said "hi, mom? guess what? I'm in rehab."

THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!

ps - then he said that they have a weight room, and the food is good but not optimal. LOL!

Inger and Lahelada like this.
  4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Excellent ! I am happy for you. Hope it works out great for him.

5. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Glad your son finally made it to rehab Hope! This is very good news...

Hope2Learn likes this.
  6. louise

louise New Member

hello hope, I just saw about your son going to rehab and I thought I would let you know that I have been a heroin user on and off (mostly on) for 30 plus years with a break of roughly 8yrs and after going to rehab and doing all types of alternative stuff that this time now is the best I have ever felt----after trying to follow the epi paleo diet as best I can, blulight blocking, grounding etc,
    I have found that the more fat I eat then the less my anxiety or just nasty moods and therefore the less I want to take drugs
    I hope your son finds his salvation in this ( and you) , I feel this is my last hope really (im 51yrsnow...too old to be heroin user)
    yes, the high fat definitely kills anxiety. xxxxxx

Hope2Learn and nicld like this.
  7. Hope2Learn

8. Hope2Learn

So today is day 31 of my cycle. I take the larger dose of progesterone days 12-26, then take none for the first 3 days of my period (days 1-3) then take the half amount days 4-11.

So day 31 doesn't fit in. At all.

I took the last dose day 26, which was Saturday May 2. I waited for a period on day 27 and day 28 (when I normally get a period). That was Sunday and Monday. I waited on Tuesday, day 29. I waited on Wednesday (yesterday), day 30. I am still waiting today, Thursday, cycle day 31.

So I just called the pharmacy and was told I can just start taking the smaller amount today and start counting again. I said "so I call today day 4 then, not day 1, because I'm supposed to start taking them again on day 4" and she said "okay, yeah do that".

So I guess there's some free will and variation with this stuff. nothing seems set in stone which is good.

So I guess I'll start again with a half dose tomorrow since it's already past the time of day I'd normally take it today, and start counting tomorrow as day 4 instead of as day 32.

This is a real pain in the butt! But hopefully worth it. So far my mood doesn't seem any worse, don't seem a whole lot better either.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  9. Hope2Learn

Realized late yesterday taht my mood was getting fouler, and this morning worse yet. Yesterday was day 5 of no progesterone at all and so I think it's safe to say that without the progesterone I get meaner and meaner. Five days wihtout was enough for me. I started the half dose again today and am calling it my new day 4, and considering it a missed period as per the advice from my pharmacist. I'm on a 26 day PG schedule and should have a period by day 28 or day 29, and CERTAINLY by day 30, so time to call it skipped and recount, which we went back and did, and so yeah today was my new "day 4".

Feeling better already.

It's been beautiful here the past four or five days. I planted lots of flowers, started my vegetable seeds, cleaned up the yard, put trellises up on the hill where the wild dewberries grow (been meaning to do that for a couple of years now), and yesterday went for a walk in the woods and found a spot where there should be no visibility from my home or the neighbors on either side, yet has sunlight coming in between the trees, and set up my lawnchair up there and sunbathed awhile. I may only get like 12 - 16 good weeks of sunlight here but I'm going to use them! My husband has been trying to get the pool chemicals sorted out but it's still nasty looking today, but will be 87F / 30.5C today so I hope to convince my daughter to take out the pedal boat (we live on a huge pond/ tiny lake).

Still using coconut oil for everything I can (have gone through one and a half 23 ounce jars of nutiva virgin free trade) and still sticking to the organic grassfed beef steaks for breakfast. When I can't because of having run out, like today, I either fix organic grassfed ground beef or else eggs/eggwhites like today. Raw organic carrots have always been a favorite snack of mine so I'm trying to keep them in the house as well. I used to eat peppers all the time but I read about them being nightshades so cut them out some time ago, but still love onions whenever I can get them (raw of course). Still avoiding all grain and dairy that I possibly can, but need to find a great alternative for coffee creamer that has a french vanilla flavor to it, if possible. Also still eating pretzels before bed a lot of the time. Those are my big downfalls. I added back in some dried / dehydrated fruits and nuts (no peanuts) since it's spring now. Not much though. Hopefully this is all pretty good. The pool water is about 68 degrees now so as soon as it's clean, I'll be trying to go in. I usually wait till it's almost 80 so.. I hope I can do it! And I hope it'll be good for CT at that temp!

fitness@home likes this.
  10. nicld

nicld Gold

How long have you been tracking your cycle? I am finding that mine lengthen a bit in longer light cycles with Jan/Feb being my shortest ones. Last month I have been trying to make sure that I get some good sun and it lengthened by 3 days this month.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  11. Hope2Learn

I've only been keeping strict track day by day since I went on the progesterone in Feb or March so I wouldn't notice something like a 2-3 day difference prior to that. That is interesting though, I recall you mentioning that once before. I will be keeping track from now on so I should have some data to go on by the end of the year (too bad it's a month to month thing, I hate waiting for data).

Today is CD8 (but I never had a period in between cycles this time so if it wasn't for the pg today would be CD37.. but since they told me just count 1-28, 1-28, 1-28 and take pg accordingly and forget about periods being the marker in between I guess it's CD8. I'm at their mercy. I don't really understand how progesterone is used to chemically castrate males,, yet it's what they're giving me for my libido though. It definitely doesn't do anything except make me not get periods. Which makes me more bloated obviously.)

12. nicld

nicld Gold

Hang in there. Hopefully you will stabilize soon.

13. Hope2Learn

our pool is now open for the summer but the water is 66 degrees... hm... its not much warmer outside right now but if it warm up maybe i'll get in.

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Our pool water is already in the 80s. In the 90s and muggy outside...will be in for sure today.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  15. Hope2Learn

I got my DHEA cream from Amazon. Now to figure out how much to use and how often, etc. I'm kicking myself now - I could've gotten two more bottles of this cream for the cost of the iodine that I bought and am not using. oh well. I'm glad to know that my gyn told me the DHEA pills give her the bad cystic acne like it does with me, and she did mention something about trying it in a different form. So I don't feel too bad about buying this and using it without telling anyone. Well, buying it. Haven't used it yet. Sorely tempted though.

It says "each press of the pump provides approximately 15mg of natural DHEA" and it says to use one pump per day for a max of 25 days, being sure to take 5 days off after 25 days of use (max). The pills I had been taking were either 25 or 50mg each and I was breaking them in half, then in quarters, but it was still giving me side effects, so I definitely won't use more than one pump per day. Not sure if I should use even that much...

16. Tara_Tuck

Tara_Tuck New Member

Hi Hope2Learn! I am grateful you have stayed on the forum. I'm a very new member and have been reading your optimal journal. Your shared experience on here encouraged me to join the forum and to create an optimal journal (soon). On January 15, 2015, I too found out I had Hashimoto's! I see a functional medicine doctor in my city for Hashimoto's, hormones, PMS, mood, etc. Her methods have helped some symptoms, but not all.... * patience * Please continue to share your curiosities and experiences!

Hope2Learn likes this.
  17. Hope2Learn

Well, I have optic neuritis. I should've stuck with things here instead o falling off the junkfood wagon. Dr. K. did say it's gonna progress into demyelination and head towards MS, IIRC.

will catch up tomorrow, eyesight permitting.

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Nice to have you back albeit that the circumstances could be better. Get back on the horse and do what you can now and a bit more. A warm hug from relatively freezing Buenos Aires.

Hope2Learn and nicld like this.
  19. nicld

nicld Gold

That sucks Hope.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  20. Hope2Learn

i'm thinking about just stopping progresterone cold turkey. is that okay? anyone know? i basically already have. i feel far less psychopathically dangerous and explosive already. but is it? sure wish they'd listen to me instead of make me take the only thing they sell. progesterone never made anyone horny in the history of ever. all it does is give me PMS all month long. And I've been honest since December in saying all I want is a libido, give me hormones so I give a shit about sex please. This doesn't work for that. So i'm in no hurry to take it even though this is day four or five and i was supposed to restart on day 3.

so yeah again.. okay to just stop cold turkey or no?