1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nov 2017 Proton recycling

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by l.i.am, Feb 19, 2019.

1. l.i.am

l.i.am New Member

I am listening / reading the the webinar and blog post and want to clarify a couple of things. In the primitive oceans the deuterium levels were expected to be higher, meaning in the higher PPM levels (200 - 500 PPM) correct? I ask because another sentence reads " has reversed where deuterium is no longer the dominant isotope". This implied to me that if it was the dominant isotope we would be talking straight total percentage of hydrogen to deuterium. So are we talking higher PPM as I am supposing or straight %?

Another idea to clarify in my head is the way mitochondria deplete deuterium. Do the dehydrogenase enzymes selectively react only with protium and not deuterium isotopes to separate the proton and not a proton/ neutron nucleus? But if that were the case then the matrix wouldn't have deuterium nuclei to slow down or inhibit the ATPase to begin with. What is so far not clear to me is the mechanisms used by the body to deplete the deuterium level. I would say mitophagy and exosome excretion to the blood stream followed by renal excretion and / or sweat would be the answer but I want to solidify the reasoning. Also portal blood flow and excretion through the bile. Am I getting it thoroughly correct or is there still some processes to clarify?

Thanks