1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nourish Vermont 2018

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by SlamSlask, Apr 6, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

My hubby works in advertising so he's definitely in front of screens. And I know he has to see color at times for his job, but there are options... I'm working on it... But I've been focusing first on me and getting what I need- my Ra Optic glasses, CT pool, etc and then I'll equip the kids before they go back to school and then wear my husband down :) No but really... he has to decide for himself. I can't take that responsibility on my shoulders. My big kids are switching to a Waldorf charter school this Fall so I'm generally really happy about where I'm at and how the kids are doing. Small steps... I will be overhauling their diet over summer too.

I really do think it will become more common to see blue blocking glasses simply because people who are addicted to screens will try to do everything they can to feel OK about their addiction.

caroline likes this.
  2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I think most people have to learn the hard way. I mean, I did. Sure, I did a lot of non-mainstream stuff to approach my health for the last 10 years, but you had told me about Jack and sent me info 3 years ago. I remember listening to a podcast then and reading the Hashi blog! But it was so overwhelming and I was in a really hard place mentally/emotionally for other reasons. Being sick for 4 months and then getting my labs down this year gave me a kick in the butt. No regrets though... gotta keep moving forward! I have faith in our guys- they're smart cookies... they'll come around when the time is right for them. What sucks is that you are held back by the lack of motivation over there. :(

Billybats likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

A mother I know told me that a Waldorf teacher has been advising blue blockers for her students for 5 years running...
    Feel free to post and request help on the forum for overhauling kids diets. I always love culinary challenges.

Mayuri and caroline like this.
  4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Sorry LieselK I mistaken your sister for you. I replied to her I hope your hubby goes too. That was for you, well her too if she is having the same problem. Yes you and your sister are right me first but I know my man he needs up front and personal. I personally have a hard time explaining thimgs. He is head strung a little. Wow bummer for hubby and not able to use blue blockers.

LieselK likes this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

The school is very receptive to hearing more about bluelight/nnEMF risks. They are just starting up- temp location for 5 years and then they'll find their forever home. On my "to-do" list is to present info to them and set them on the right path. I'm super excited about it!

We've done so many diet type changes before- my 1st baby was grain free and dairy free with my husband and I for quite a bit when she was bitty. We've waxed and waned with things and I'd say the last few years really took us quite a few steps back. Now I know what to do and most importantly, WHY we're doing it. Do you all follow the Epi-Paleo 100% or does your kid eat blueberries? :D

caroline and drezy like this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

It is so hard to explain it all to someone else. I can do bits and pieces lately, but it's not enough. It's always amazing to see people face-to-face and I do hope your man really "gets it" and can embrace it at Vermont! It's getting close!

7. Billybats

Billybats New Member

So true. Funny you say that because I say things to my man here and therre about what Dr. K says and today he said he will say things to his co workers that I say to him about Dr.Kruse and he told me he needs to understand what Dr. Kruse is saying. He said I need to know so he can rebuddle back. I was so happy to hear him say that. Now to Dr. Kruse when my man gets it he will run with it. If he can meet you it would be very appreciated. He needs to meet up to get a feel of who you are if that makes sense. He is getting to some degree.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    LieselK likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm the cook and shopper. My son will have the fruit available to him that is growing on trees near my house. I'm not buying any. It's been shrimp and fatty pork for my boy for quite a while.

We're eating a pork an tomatillo stew this evening based on this https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pork-and-tomatillo-stew

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Mayuri and Lahelada like this.
  9. Jenelle

Jenelle Gold

Is there something inherently wrong with blueberries for kids, or are we just talking in general about them eating fruit year-round?

LieselK likes this.
  10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

It took me awhile to respond because I was searching and pondering. I think it's mostly that blueberries are so acclaimed for their antioxidant benefits and therefore overutilized and eaten in excess year round, however they also do contain some solanaceae so those of use with AI disease, DDD or DJD should avoid them. I plan to eat some when we pick them fresh at a nearby farm, just like I have with some strawberries, but that's it. I'm not buying them out of season anymore for the family either. I'm honestly not sure if this is an area that I should be even more careful with (I have Hashimoto's Dz). I think so much still depends on your environment.

Jenelle likes this.
  11. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Im also patiently waiting for wild blue berries, in the meantime for extra polyphenols what about a blueberry or burrberyy extract?

12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

My husband is joining me for Vermont! Woot! His parents finally committed to watching the kids for us :)

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Saturday, June 2

Doors Open: 8AM

8:00 AM - Registration and Visit Exhibits & Marketplace

8:45 - Welcome - David Hollenbeck, Founder of Nourish Vermont

9:00-10:30AM - Zach Bush, MD

10:45AM-12:15PM- Dr. Boros

12:30-2:00PM - Lunch

2:00-5:00PM - Dr. Jack Kruse

Mayuri, Theka, CarolandNick and 3 others like this.
  14. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Niccccceeeeeeee. And you have the whole afternoon..cool beans.

15. Jenelle

Jenelle Gold

I am still having visions of traveling to Vermont.

I have wondered if it is something you *definitely* want to have tickets for ahead of time -- or can you just show up & be fine?

I've also wondered if it's something where my oldest would be welcome ~ he'll be 5 days away from 17 on June 2. I did look at the website and I saw that it said adults only ~ but he's close enough to adult in my mind, and would really benefit from the experience. So I'm just trying to get a feel for the actual atmosphere, from those who have attended.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Do you know how to find your way home like the dolphin?
    [​IMG]

Another new QT blog before the long weekend? Am I building up to something big that is going to be unleashed in Vermont next week? Yep.....Technology using blue light frequencies...is a queer thing to understand for most people. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other......Can the light emitted in screens set of biologic bombs in living things? The natural quantum synergies between light frequencies exist and this is what controls and directs the actions of chemicals, heavy metals, and organelles in cells. This includes being able to control or be controlled by radiations emitted by electric grids, WiFi, Bluetooth, cell towers, cordless phones, cell phones. In the Internet of things, wireless everything in total will lead to collateral damages few will predict in a 5G world. Well, some of have made a lot of predictions.........Light can do and affect things via multifactorial quantum mechanisms..........here is the latest bombshell to ruminate on. Be careful of what experts you listen too. https://www.patreon.com/posts/19021596

Antonis and Jenelle like this.
  17. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Lionel Messi

When will the vermont video be released? Will it be released to patreons as well as members or will members only get it?

SlamSlask likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Members free. Patreon folks will have to pay for it.

SlamSlask likes this.
  19. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Lionel Messi

Yippeee!! Reason why membership is worth it

20. Elena Perm

Elena Perm New Member

Two more Canadiens, from Ottawa.

Billybats likes this.